Offline Baraccafuu

• Rascal Of Unusual Size
    • View Profile
Re: sun rising below the clouds
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2017, 10:32:04 PM »
Where do you derive 2645.75 miles?

I do not know if the Sun is at a consistent 3000 mile altitude.

I am beginning to think it varies during the seasons.
"A person on a flat earth [would] be in daylight when the sun is 4000 miles or closer"
I could not tell if this meant the strait line from the sun angled up to meet it or the distance on the ground from directly below the sun
the 2645.75 is taking 4000 if it was the hypotenuse of the traingle and 3000 miles up as one of the sides
it would make it (A² + 9mil) = 16mil  so A² = 7mil and the square root of 7 million is about 2645.75

and I added that if sides A and B are the 4000 and 3000 that that makes it easy at 5000 miles direct eye to sun at sunset.

with the variable sun height and constant distance from sun to be int he dark the radius of the spotlight  circle would vary, too.

I think it would have to be teh hypotenuse of the triangle that would have to be the constant though as that is the straight line between observer and sun, right? (rather than the distance seen between the two points when seen from above?)

I am a potato.

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2017, 12:42:55 AM »
Here is a video showing the sun reappear after sunset when the camera is raised up 1000 feet by a drone. So we must add to the amazing feats of this hypothetical veil that it can block the sun at ground level while allowing it to shine at higher locations (without moving the camera closer to the sun...just higher):

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2017, 09:40:19 PM »
Here is a video showing the sun reappear...

Looks more like a video of a MacBook screen and then an iPhone screen.

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2017, 09:58:11 PM »
Here is a video showing the sun reappear...

Looks more like a video of a MacBook screen and then an iPhone screen.

The video within the video is a live video feed of the camera in the drone. Starting at about 3:10 in the video, he alternates between showing us the live video feed from the drone and the actual view of the sunset where he conducted the experiment to verify that the two views are consistent, at least until the drone climbs up to 1000 feet and shows the sun above the horizon while the direct view is still showing it as below the horizon.

Pilots do this kind of thing in their airplanes for fun: http://www.flyingmag.com/technique/tip-week/create-your-own-sunsets

From the article:
"Simply get into the airplane shortly before sunset and climb to a safe altitude. Make some nice smooth turns or just fly along until the sun slips below the horizon. Once it does, all you have to do is climb high enough that the glowing ball once again crests the surface of the earth. Then you can either wait until it disappears again or descend and make your own sunset. You can even create sunset after sunset by practicing Chandelles or Lazy Eights."

You can easily make a similar observation anywhere there are mountains or hills to the east of your position. They will remain illuminated by the sun after it has appeared to have set, even though they are further away from the setting sun, due to their higher elevation
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:37:34 PM by Nirmala »

Offline TriangularEarth

• Ayy dont ban me for free speach
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2017, 04:39:03 PM »
I swear to god, people are like "Where's your evidence for a round earth?" and you show them multiple pictures of a setting sun, pictures from space, pictures at the north pole, the moon, planes, evidence of gravity and all they spurt out is "but you didn't take that photo, CGI, perspective!" even though it makes literally no sense for a community of people to stop people thinking the earth is flat. Like how would it help them? How?

free speech pal, get used to it

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »
Here is the problem with the light reflection theory. Video was taken from a plane above the clouds. FE theory states the sun is alway above the clouds. Thus we should be able to see the sun in the picture because both are above the clouds, correct? But we can't all we see is the light illuminating the clouds from underneath which is not possible in the flat earth theory is the sun is alway above the clouds.   

totallackey

« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2017, 05:53:25 PM »
Here is a video showing the sun reappear after sunset when the camera is raised up 1000 feet by a drone. So we must add to the amazing feats of this hypothetical veil that it can block the sun at ground level while allowing it to shine at higher locations (without moving the camera closer to the sun...just higher):

Everyone knows if you move higher above ground you are getting closer to things that are above you in the sky.

« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »

Everyone knows if you move higher above ground you are getting closer to things that are above you in the sky.

Really? If I go 1000 feet up, I am not moving much closer to an object that in the flat earth model would be roughly 5,000 miles (26,400,000 feet) away from me and roughly 3000 miles (15,840,000 feet) above the surface when it was appearing to set. And why do mountains that are much further away to the east from the sun still catch the light of the setting sun after it has set where I am standing? What is blocking the view of the sun where I am standing, but not blocking the sun 1000 feet up, or on the tops of mountains several miles to the east of me? Like our good friend, Mt Rainier:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:14:29 PM by Nirmala »