Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Russia Today are getting salty
« on: December 26, 2016, 09:18:37 AM »
Russia's propaganda outlet, RT, are apparently a bit lost when it comes to responding to simple accusations.

https://www.rt.com/viral/368374-rt-space-360-conspiracy/

Other than a partial admission of guilt, their best responses seem to boil down to "haha, no, HEY LOOK AT THIS GIF"
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Today are getting salty
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 08:13:26 PM »
Russia's propaganda outlet, RT, are apparently a bit lost when it comes to responding to simple accusations.

Other than a partial admission of guilt, their best responses seem to boil down to "haha, no, HEY LOOK AT THIS GIF"
Rubbsh! You are watching a "video" that needs to be viewed on a 360 deg panorama viewer.
The trouble is, that is not pointed out in the presentation and us oldies are not "in the loop" with all this new "virtual reality" stuff.

Viewed without the proper viewer it's far "worse" than a "fish-eye" lens. There are viewers for for 360 deg panaroma stills on a flat screen, but I don't about video.

Probably an X-box, Play-station or HTC or Samsung phone with appropriate "goggles" could do it, but I'm not into any of that stuff.

Still enjoy your little fantasies!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 08:42:24 AM »
Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread? You don't seem to be responding to the article, or my comments on it...

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 12:01:18 PM »
Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread? You don't seem to be responding to the article, or my comments on it...
I failed to see anything worth commenting on, except a video being rubbished because it does look ridiculous when not viewed correctly.

And I note that no-one else has even deigned to comment at all. They are probably more prudent than I.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 04:21:28 PM »
I failed to see anything worth commenting on, except a video being rubbished because it does look ridiculous when not viewed correctly.
That's incorrect, even by Russia Today's own account. Have you read the article?

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 06:43:41 PM »

I don't see what the issue is. RT is just making fun of conspiracy theorists trying to read too much into the CGI intro and a dismissive joke by a cosmonaut.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 10:20:09 AM »
It's not really an issue - quite the opposite, seeing them in this state of desperation is nothing but good for us. Plus it's funny to see them scramble like this.

They started off by claiming that there's no CGI involved whatsoever, now they openly admit that the intro is CGI and their best explanation for this change of heart is lies and animated GIFs. All that this results in is more publicity for us, and more people questioning their legitimacy. It's Streisand Effect at its finest.