Flat earth and satellite telephones
« on: December 23, 2016, 07:43:51 PM »
Hello all,
I have a question about how satellite phones.
I doubt that there any satellites in "space" but how do satellite phones work on a flat earth?

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Flat earth and satellite telephones
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 07:55:15 PM »
Satellite networks are ground-based or they use balloons and/or drones where necessary.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Berserk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 08:42:45 PM »
Satellite networks are ground-based or they use balloons and/or drones where necessary.

makes me wonder if there are any balloons/drones over the ice wall to provide camps in antarctica like McMurdoch sufficient and reliable communications.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:45:45 PM by Berserk »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 02:19:43 AM »
Hello all,
I have a question about how satellite phones.
I doubt that there any satellites in "space" but how do satellite phones work on a flat earth?
I hope you realise that both answers you have had so far are from Globe supporters.

Boots reply
is basically the flat earth view of "satellite" phones, TV and GPS.

It is a pity genuine flat earthers are not prepared to give their take, but there are few prepared to answer this sort of thing. The only one to respond much is junker and he is a Planar Moderator and can't be expected to take the time.
Here is a FE post with links to (hopefully) helpful other posts Re: satellites« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 10:02:02 PM ».
One on towers, etc Re: Satellites « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »
Some have claimed that Troposcatter Technology explains satellites Satellites.... Troposcatter Technology? « on: September 12, 2016, 07:41:33 AM ». I don't agree, but so what!

These were the result of using the search facility on "satellites".

Best of luck, hope some kind Flat Earthers help you out.