Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #1620 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

RUSSIAN MILITARY INTELLIGENCE executed a cyberattack on at least one U.S. voting software supplier and sent spear-phishing emails to more than 100 local election officials just days before last November’s presidential election, according to a highly classified intelligence report obtained by The Intercept.

And someone has been arrested for this leak:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-leaks-idUSKBN18W2VE

There's no evidence that Russia actually succeeded in hacking US voting machines, but it seems they at least tried.

What's worse is that because this is an official report, Trump KNEW about this.  He KNEW Russia tried to attack the election official's data.  But hey, good for him for arresting a leaker.  It was against the law so she deserves to face the penalty.  But also good on her for calling it out.

So you know... mixed bag.

In lighter news: Trump calling Democrats Obstructionists despite having a majority everywhere and not actually putting up people to be obstructed...
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/05/531602029/trump-calls-democrats-obstructionists-but-hes-only-nominated-11-ambassadors
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: June 06, 2017, 01:59:02 PM »
Did both of you suddenly forget that Trump repeatedly claimed that voting machines were untrustworthy and that unsavory people are manipulating them in October? You guys have the memory of a goldfish, I swear.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: June 06, 2017, 02:01:22 PM »
Did both of you suddenly forget that Trump repeatedly claimed that voting machines were untrustworthy and that unsavory people are manipulating them in October? You guys have the memory of a goldfish, I swear.

Oh right.  I forgot cause he backtracked that once he won.  You know, except for the "3 million illegals who voted" part.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: June 06, 2017, 02:04:12 PM »

Oh right.  I forgot cause he backtracked that once he won.  You know, except for the "3 million illegals who voted" part.

Hm, can you find me a quote of him backtracking and saying voting machines are infallible? Since I don't recall him ever saying anything like that at all.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: June 06, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »

No, he didn't. He just complained that the vote was going to be rigged against him, and after the election, blamed his popular vote loss on millions of illegal immigrants supposedly voting. I don't think he's ever complained about the voting machines themselves, probably because that lacks the theatricality of him being deliberately kept down by a deep-state conspiracy.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: June 06, 2017, 02:29:08 PM »

No, he didn't.
I don't think he's ever complained about the voting machines themselves
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-results-voting-machines-rigged-election-2016-us-president-a7405536.html

And also

But yeah I guess he hasn't been doing that for FUCKING YEARS NOW
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:49:43 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: June 06, 2017, 03:47:40 PM »
Fair enough, I stand corrected. I do think that Rushy misremembered our discussion on voting machines back in October as being provoked by a comment from Trump (it was actually Obama), but it was a mistake for me to overgeneralize.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: June 06, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »

Hm, can you find me a quote of him backtracking and saying voting machines are infallible? Since I don't recall him ever saying anything like that at all.

Less infallible but "not touched" is pretty close to a walk back from voting machines are being manipulated.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: June 06, 2017, 04:38:50 PM »
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/06/06/531722218/what-we-know-about-reality-winner-government-contractor-accused-of-nsa-leak

Ok, is... is this like... real?
Cause that name... makes me think of a reality TV show winner.

"You, Reality Winner, win at Reality!"

« Reply #1629 on: June 06, 2017, 06:56:06 PM »
So in the near future, the Trump administration is going to bring charges against Reality?

The universe is trolling us now.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: June 06, 2017, 07:14:36 PM »
So in the near future, the Trump administration is going to bring charges against Reality?

The FBI arrested a winner.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: June 07, 2017, 01:13:47 AM »

...damn.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:25:25 AM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: June 07, 2017, 11:47:57 PM »
That is a fantastic link
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: June 08, 2017, 12:26:50 AM »
Fixed it. I don't know why it posted it that way; still getting used to posting links from my phone I guess.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: June 08, 2017, 02:50:10 AM »
Well it's over. Trump has been completely and totally vindicated.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: June 08, 2017, 03:07:32 AM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: June 08, 2017, 04:16:41 AM »
Trump threatened on twitter that his talks with comey were recorded.
Guess we'll see if he did cause Comey certainly did.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: June 08, 2017, 12:50:29 PM »
I don't think writing a memo quite counts as recording a conversation in the sense Trump meant it (he specifically referred to "tapes").

Right now, it's one man's word (presumably) against the other's. It's probably gonna take a long time to properly establish what happened.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: June 08, 2017, 03:37:52 PM »
I don't think writing a memo quite counts as recording a conversation in the sense Trump meant it (he specifically referred to "tapes").

Right now, it's one man's word (presumably) against the other's. It's probably gonna take a long time to properly establish what happened.

What I mean is, we'll see if Trump had an idle threat as this would be a perfect time to whip out the tapes he threatened that he may have.