Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #1520 on: May 21, 2017, 07:24:17 PM »
It's a good thing we didn't elect that warmongerer Hillary, who would now undoubtedly be arming our enemies in her efforts to start WWIII:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/20/us-saudi-arabia-seal-weapons-deal-worth-nearly-110-billion-as-trump-begins-visit.html

ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 21, 2017, 08:22:16 PM »
I was about to respond by stating that this deal was probably already in works before Trump was even elected but I looked into it and found out that that's not the case.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/foreign-policy/334339-why-is-trump-rewarding-saudi-war-crimes-with-more-weapons

So, yeah, hope we have kill switches on these weapons.  They're probably going to be used against us or our allies sometime in the future.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 21, 2017, 08:42:51 PM »
It's a good thing we didn't elect that warmongerer Hillary, who would now undoubtedly be arming our enemies in her efforts to start WWIII:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/20/us-saudi-arabia-seal-weapons-deal-worth-nearly-110-billion-as-trump-begins-visit.html

I mean, seriously, the things that the media has come up with so far were things Hillary would have done anyway. Sell weapons to the Saudis? Oohhhhh nooooooo

Once again my argument that "If you vote for Hillary, you get Hillary, if you vote for Trump, the worse you can get is that he's literally Hillary in disguise" proves true.

Rama Set

« Reply #1523 on: May 21, 2017, 09:13:18 PM »
Didn't Trump spend a bunch of time bitching about the US relations with Saudi Arabia? He's not draining the swamp he is the fucking swamp.

« Reply #1524 on: May 22, 2017, 12:06:46 AM »
Gary, it does not matter whether it was Russia who hacked Hillary's campaign manager's email or if it was a 400 pound hacker in his mother's basement. Putting the blame on a third party who "interfered with the elections" is denialism. The blame for this lost election must be put on Hillary Clinton for being involved in so much corruption and criminality.

Putting the blame on the person who accessed the emails is like putting blame on Snowden for exposing the crimes of the NSA. It really does not matter if Snowden did it on his own, or if Snowden was directed to do it by another party. The crimes of the NSA must be answered for.

Whoever provided the leaks to the public on the illegal NSA surveillance programs should be commended, even if it was Russia who exposed them. If it was Russia who exposed the crimes of the NSA to the American Public, then that makes Russia a friend to the American Public. Russia would be on the side of The American People for exposing the crimes by the US Government.

Don't you get it? If Russia provided greater transparency to the election by exposing the numerous crimes of Hillary Clinton, then that makes Russia our friend. Russia's actions should be CELEBRATED, as they are a whistleblower against a corrupt and criminal politician who has no business leading our country.

lol this is absurdly naive.  and dishearteningly partisan. 

for one thing, it absolutely matters that a foreign power stole private information from a political party and leaked it during the height of an election cycle.  that you think russia did this as a favor to the american people is laughable.

for another, the dnc/podesta leaks are the agitprop.  you fell for it.  those emails didn't reveal shit other than that hillary clinton was a well-connected politician.  but they came packaged with a bunch of spooky headlines like THIS EMAIL PROVES DNC CONTROLS THE MEDIA attached to an email about sending out press releases or whatever, and a bunch of folks bought it.

fwiw i agree that the blame falls squarely on hillary's shoulders.  she spent years responding to partisan politics with more partisan politics, and now she's reaped what she sowed.  i don't think these tactics would work on just any democratic nominee.  probably wouldn't have worked on bernie or uncle joe.  they worked on hillary because people already don't trust her, including other democrats.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: May 22, 2017, 01:00:13 AM »

Saudi Arabia is an ally. And I believe Obama brokered a similar deal with Saudi Arabia when he was president.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #1526 on: May 22, 2017, 01:04:50 AM »
But trump was rather incredulous that they were an ally and thought it ridiculous and corrupt to accept money from them.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:27 AM »
Well widdle Twump just didn't understand the job back then but he's learned so so much.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: May 22, 2017, 07:12:02 AM »
Well widdle Twump just didn't understand the job back then but he's learned so so much.

Nobody knew running a country was so complicated. Nobody knew.

There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: May 22, 2017, 10:12:22 AM »
for one thing, it absolutely matters that a foreign power stole private information from a political party and leaked it during the height of an election cycle.  that you think russia did this as a favor to the american people is laughable.
I'm curious about this. Let's assume that the information disclosed to the American people was true and complete. So far, it seems to be the consensus that this is the case. How are you going to paint disclosing accurate information as something that's harmful to anyone other than DNC elites?

for another, the dnc/podesta leaks are the agitprop.  you fell for it.  those emails didn't reveal shit other than that hillary clinton was a well-connected politician.  but they came packaged with a bunch of spooky headlines like THIS EMAIL PROVES DNC CONTROLS THE MEDIA attached to an email about sending out press releases or whatever, and a bunch of folks bought it.
Hey, Gary, you're doing that thing where you take a fringe group and try to paint it as the mainstream.

fwiw i agree that the blame falls squarely on hillary's shoulders.  she spent years responding to partisan politics with more partisan politics, and now she's reaped what she sowed.  i don't think these tactics would work on just any democratic nominee.  probably wouldn't have worked on bernie or uncle joe.  they worked on hillary because people already don't trust her, including other democrats.
It wouldn't work on Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden because they (probably) didn't spend their entire lives being corrupt assholes.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: May 22, 2017, 08:44:44 PM »
Quote from: [twitter]https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/866725092591579136[/twitter]
In an epic blow to the MSM control of the narrative, #Infowars has officially received WH Press Credentials!

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

*deep breath*

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: May 22, 2017, 09:55:19 PM »
well fuck

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: May 22, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »
http://www.avclub.com/article/infowars-got-white-house-day-pass-just-real-high-s-255751

Sadly, they will not be able to question Trump about the chemicals turning frogs gay.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: May 22, 2017, 10:08:59 PM »
http://www.avclub.com/article/infowars-got-white-house-day-pass-just-real-high-s-255751
ok let's not use The Onion as a news source though

edit: Looking at media that isn't The Onion, it looks like we'll have to wait for some elaboration

Neither the White House nor the White House Correspondents Association immediately returned Business Insider's request for comment about whether InfoWars has applied for or received a permanent White House press credential.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 10:15:12 PM by SexWarrior »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: May 23, 2017, 03:56:57 AM »
I guess we'll see in the next few days if they're still hanging around the White House. Could go either way, to be honest.

I'm curious about this. Let's assume that the information disclosed to the American people was true and complete. So far, it seems to be the consensus that this is the case. How are you going to paint disclosing accurate information as something that's harmful to anyone other than DNC elites?

It's harmful because it's manipulative. There's a world of difference between a media outlet publishing the news as it arrives and a media outlet carefully hoarding information until it's close to an election, then strategically releasing it in a schedule designed to browbeat the public into electing one particular candidate over another with maximum efficiency. Can you imagine if the media had sat on the "Grab them by the pussy" video until one or two days before the election, counting on the shock value to cost Trump the vote? You and Rushy would have furiously protested, and rightfully so.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: May 23, 2017, 09:15:31 AM »
It's harmful because it's manipulative. There's a world of difference between a media outlet publishing the news as it arrives and a media outlet carefully hoarding information until it's close to an election, then strategically releasing it in a schedule designed to browbeat the public into electing one particular candidate over another with maximum efficiency.
Do you think the mainstream media don't normally strategise their coverage of politics? That seems to fly in the face of the fact that most American media are extremely partisan. They all carefully select what to report and when, don't they?

Can you imagine if the media had sat on the "Grab them by the pussy" video until one or two days before the election, counting on the shock value to cost Trump the vote? You and Rushy would have furiously protested, and rightfully so.
Sorry, but I disagree in multiple ways:

I recall protesting that one regardless of the timing, because it bore no substance, in my opinion. To me, it was sensationalist drivel. Saying that you can get rapey with woman when you're rich and famous is not evidence that he did get rapey. I'm consistently a fan of due process - I generally won't accept that Trump (or anyone else!) is guilty of anything until the accusation has been properly dealt with. And, in this case, I believe no one even levelled an accusation.

Also, it was a tape from many years ago that was conveniently released just before a debate. The timing was obviously deliberate. It ended up backfiring because Trump turned it around on Bill Clinton (by presenting people actually willing to accuse him).

Also, the "Grab them by the pussy" story ran in October 2016. The DNC leaks were published in July 2016. Of these two, which one was timed closer to the actual election (November 2016)? Honestly, the more I look into it, the more it sounds like they did sit on the story until just before the election. I don't know when the DNC attack took place (as opposed to when the data was published), so I can't comment on that one.

EDIT: Looking at the stolen e-mails, the most recent ones were from 25th May 2016. Assuming the actual data mining took place at that time, that gives us a 2-month turnaround, which is not unreasonable given the amount of data.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:27:33 AM by SexWarrior »

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: May 23, 2017, 12:41:55 PM »
Obviously the timing of the "Grab'em by the pussy" tape was politically motivated. To suggest otherwise is just silly.

Another thing. For all of Hillary's whining since that she had the election stolen from her, at the time it actually happened she didn't show much concern, choosing to ignore the obvious damage and not campaign in key states because she was so sure Trump had no chance of winning at all. She probably really has no one to blame but herself for losing. She ran a lazy campaign and like the old fable the big dopey turtle ended up winning the race.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 12:52:35 PM by Roundy »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: May 24, 2017, 03:02:57 AM »
Do you think the mainstream media don't normally strategise their coverage of politics? That seems to fly in the face of the fact that most American media are extremely partisan. They all carefully select what to report and when, don't they?

Sure, but their criteria is more sophisticated than "Does this help Candidate X and/or hurt Candidate Y, and how can we maximize this impact?"

Also, it was a tape from many years ago that was conveniently released just before a debate. The timing was obviously deliberate. It ended up backfiring because Trump turned it around on Bill Clinton (by presenting people actually willing to accuse him).

Okay, first of all, and I'm going to go a bit off-topic here - you're not being true to yourself here. You're willing to set aside your moral reservations to analyze Trump's lewd comments and defend them as not being as incriminating as many people thought, but you'll sit back and act like a tu quoque argument aimed at Hillary's husband somehow implicates Hillary herself? I know you too well for this. Admit it, you don't think it's fair to criticize Hillary for Bill's behavior. You pride yourself on your rationalism far too much to let your political preferences override it.

Second of all, at least this gave Trump time to respond, to fight back, to recover from a scandal that many believed at the time to be fatal to his campaign. Releasing the tape just one or two days before the election, letting people vote while the tape was still sinking in and Trump was still reeling in response, would have been a far better strategy for manipulating the vote, something that the media absolutely would have known.

Also, the "Grab them by the pussy" story ran in October 2016. The DNC leaks were published in July 2016. Of these two, which one was timed closer to the actual election (November 2016)? Honestly, the more I look into it, the more it sounds like they did sit on the story until just before the election. I don't know when the DNC attack took place (as opposed to when the data was published), so I can't comment on that one.

EDIT: Looking at the stolen e-mails, the most recent ones were from 25th May 2016. Assuming the actual data mining took place at that time, that gives us a 2-month turnaround, which is not unreasonable given the amount of data.

A second batch of DNC emails were released the day before the election, and the Podesta emails (which I had been thinking of mainly, but mixed them up with the DNC emails in my mind, sorry), were released in installments every day until the election, as WikiLeaks all the while loudly bragged about how much devastating material it had yet to unveil. Never mind that the vast majority of the emails were utterly benign and simply discussed politics in frank, candid terms. It was the sheer volume and pace of these releases, not their contents, that WikiLeaks used as a crude bludgeon to manipulate voters into switching sides at the last minute.

Rama Set

« Reply #1538 on: May 24, 2017, 04:10:27 AM »
How does remarking on Trump's tactical response to the pussy tape equal thinking it is fair to do so? 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:12:23 AM by Rama Set »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: May 24, 2017, 04:16:15 AM »
Meaning a good tactic, a sound one, logically valid. More than "sensationalist drivel."