Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #1380 on: May 09, 2017, 11:46:39 PM »
I bet he's really regretting that letter now.

This whole thing is so bizarre.  How can anybody with a brain doubt Trump's guilt now?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 10, 2017, 12:26:13 AM »
Well, while Elizabeth Warren was on MSNBC passionately urging her colleagues both blue and red that we must all agree that an independent counsel is necessary because of how suspicious this looks and even if he's innocent to avoid a black cloud over this White House in general (wink), Brit Hume was on Fox News putting the ol' Fox News spin on it (wink wink).  We'll see?
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 10, 2017, 01:38:46 AM »
An independent counsel is such a good idea. Just to clear all this bullshit up one way or another. Even if it comes up totally clean, like Roundy said, I would love for this black cloud to go away.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: May 10, 2017, 02:03:33 AM »
It's really the only sensible way to proceed.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: May 10, 2017, 04:38:59 AM »
I didn't think he could fire the FBI director.  And such a shitty way to do it.

Trump is the worst manager ever.  How has his company survived?!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: May 10, 2017, 09:15:40 AM »
This whole thing is so bizarre.  How can anybody with a brain doubt Trump's guilt now?
Quoting a random person from my social media circles:

Comey did literally almost everything an FBI director could do to get himself fired. He was disliked and mistrusted by both parties. But still. Wow.

Frankly, I don't disagree. There were plenty of reasons to fire Comey. Now, I strongly doubt he's been fired because he fucked Hillary over in the election, for example, but technically that possibility is equally likely. I'm still a fan of "innocent until proven guilty".
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: May 10, 2017, 03:36:42 PM »
Quoting a random person from my social media circles:

Comey did literally almost everything an FBI director could do to get himself fired. He was disliked and mistrusted by both parties. But still. Wow.

Frankly, I don't disagree. There were plenty of reasons to fire Comey. Now, I strongly doubt he's been fired because he fucked Hillary over in the election, for example, but technically that possibility is equally likely. I'm still a fan of "innocent until proven guilty".

So am I. That's why I'm anxious to see how the Republicans in Congress proceed. There can really be no justice unless an independent investigation is conducted.

But really, equally likely? Lol. I don't find it plausible that he fired Comey over the very thing he was thanking him profusely for just a few months ago. I know you like to be contrary and see how far you can take it but that's just a silly thing to say. Obviously there's more to it and that he used it as his reason strongly suggests the real reason is something he doesn't want us to know.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: May 10, 2017, 04:02:39 PM »
So am I. That's why I'm anxious to see how the Republicans in Congress proceed. There can really be no justice unless an independent investigation is conducted.
Agreed.

But really, equally likely? Lol. I don't find it plausible that he fired Comey over the very thing he was thanking him profusely for just a few months ago. I know you like to be contrary and see how far you can take it but that's just a silly thing to say. Obviously there's more to it and that he used it as his reason strongly suggests the real reason is something he doesn't want us to know.
I agree that it's not very plausible from an intuitive point of view, but we have no strong evidence to support either theory. From that perspective, both are equally likely.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: May 10, 2017, 06:54:29 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: May 10, 2017, 08:10:54 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-spicer-literally-hid-in-bushes-to-avoid-media-questions-on-comeys-firing-2017-5

Real life has become an SNL sketch.
lol.

I wonder why he's so camera shy suddenly.  Like, why does NOT being on film suddenly make it better?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: May 11, 2017, 03:18:02 AM »
It's weird how life balances out sometimes.  The Democrats look like they're on the path to disaster, and now something happens that could legitimately kill the Republicans in the midterm elections.  I mean, we can hope.  Surely some Republicans are outraged by how their representatives in Congress are handling this.

This isn't just going away.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: May 12, 2017, 03:16:11 PM »
I didn't think he could fire the FBI director.  And such a shitty way to do it.

Trump is the worst manager ever.  How has his company survived?!

A lot of them haven't...

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: May 12, 2017, 04:17:55 PM »

Why did we elect this asshole president, again? Also:

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: May 12, 2017, 05:27:05 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473

Why did we elect this asshole president, again?

So either...
A) Trump is bluffing.
B) Trump is blackmailing/threatening.

Well... this is a wonderful president we have, isn't it?

"Hi, I have these incriminating bits of audio, maybe, but gosh darn it, I won't release it so the people know what horrible things you've said... unless you start leaking (not lying) things that hurt me."

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: May 12, 2017, 06:48:27 PM »
I don't believe there are any recordings. This is purely for the benefit of his image with his followers. Right now their slavish support is all he really has.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: May 12, 2017, 07:49:20 PM »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/333173-roger-stone-i-spoke-with-trump-very-recently

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trumps-tax-law-firm-deep-ties-russia/story?id=47376041

I can't even begin to imagine how future historians will describe this period of history. In fact, I wouldn't put it past future conspiracy theorists to dismiss Trump's election and presidency as some weird kind of historical hoax.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: May 12, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »

Why did we elect this asshole president, again? Also:

Because shaking up the establishment, man. Draining the swamp Replacing the swamp with a different swamp.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: May 13, 2017, 12:32:20 AM »
I wonder how long it will take the media to swing the pendulum from "Trump Russia Conspiracy" back to "Trump wants WWIII with Russia"