Offline Jane

• View Profile
Bipolar Earth
« on: November 19, 2016, 02:11:39 AM »
Hello! Apparently this is the site to go to if you want answers.
I'm not interested in a debate, just in understanding what FET proposes. I'll leave refutations and rebuttals to others, I prefer to figure out the models.

I've heard bits and pieces about a bipolar Earth model that uses something like the Lambert azimuthal map as, at least, a potential illustration. I was referred, also, to this text:
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/library/books/Sea-Earth%20Globe,%20The%20(Zetetes).pdf

My initial query was on the path of the Sun. If you hold to a model similar to the one outlined in that text then on page 30, in fig 25, I'm wondering about what happens when the Sun is at L. I know it mentions the light of the Sun travelling in great curves, but I don't see what kind of curve could be used to avoid it lighting up either all of the northern hemiplane, or none of the southern. When the Sun is 'behind' a pole, how can it illuminate the other hemiplane without lightning up all of the hemiplane it's in?
(The best solution I can see is if it's some kind of spotlight at an angle, but I don't really understand what would cause that, and cause the angle to change, particularly as it shifts between systems. Plus it seems as though that would have more noticeable effects).

If you subscribe to a bipolar model that's different to that, then my question's just, more generally, what kind of path does the Sun take?

Thank you for your help.

Re: Bipolar Earth
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 05:39:13 AM »
I assume you are looking for Tom Bishop, but he has been a bit scarce lately.

This thread might be helpful. It's the most detail I've ever seen from him on the topic. Have fun.

Offline Jane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 11:58:11 AM »

This thread might be helpful. It's the most detail I've ever seen from him on the topic. Have fun.
Just looking for anyone who knows the model, they don't need to accept it.
Thanks for the link, but he mostly seems to be addressing near-equator behaviour.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 09:34:16 AM »

Just looking for anyone who knows the model, they don't need to accept it.
Thanks for the link, but he mostly seems to be addressing near-equator behaviour.
Sandokhan has a "perfect" Bipolar Flat earth, see Re: Path of the Sun in the Bi-polar Model of the Earth.« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 06:50:21 AM ».

It differs from Tom Bishop's,  but all could get from him was to see the "Monstrous" book. So, best of luck.

Offline Jane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 02:42:31 PM »
Sandokhan has a "perfect" Bipolar Flat earth, see Re: Path of the Sun in the Bi-polar Model of the Earth.« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 06:50:21 AM ».

It differs from Tom Bishop's,  but all could get from him was to see the "Monstrous" book. So, best of luck.
Think I asked him about that on the other site, nothing happened.
I did start reading up on his model a while ago, but a lot of the links in his thread seem to be broken, which does make it trickier.

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 04:19:44 PM »
A bipolar map, the Piri Reis map, means that the Sun does rise and set.

The photographs taken in Antarctica, by F. Bruenjes, reveal that the Sun SETS, and then RISES from somewhere beyond the dome (ether dome). This means that there are TWO such orbital daily motions of the Sun above the flat surface of the Earth.

I described the path of the Sun here:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64997.0

It is the only model that does work.

The most important aspect is the SOLAR PRECESSION.

No other FE model even touches this subject, since it would immediately invalidate any other flat earth hypothesis put forward so far.

FE solar precession explained, within the context of the bipolar map:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1726000#msg1726000

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 08:56:15 PM »
Are you the same Jane from the other forum?
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Jane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 09:25:00 PM »
Yep. Guessing you're the same Luke.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 10:55:25 PM »
Yep. Guessing you're the same Luke.

I'm his evil twin clone brother who has the same rugged good looks. ;D
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 07:24:49 AM »

Think I asked him about that on the other site, nothing happened.
I did start reading up on his model a while ago, but a lot of the links in his thread seem to be broken, which does make it trickier.
And now it looks as though you will learn nothing on this site either. Sometimes I feel guilty posting here in case I wake someone up.
Then, when you do the best you seem to get is:
Please make sure to check out these resources to ensure that your time at tfes.org is enjoyable and productive.

1. The Rules

2. The FAQ

3. The Wiki
;) Enjoy your stay!  ;)

geckothegeek

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 04:57:09 PM »
It seems that there seems to be the possibility of getting different answers from different flat earthers.