geckothegeek

Suggestion for these websites
« on: August 01, 2016, 12:30:58 AM »
I  don't know if this suggestion would go over with the moderators but I would like to suggest this anyway.

Instead of all this argueing and name calling why not just have these websites as  flat earth fiction websites ?
I have seen some "fan fiction websites" . One for example is based on a continuation of the life of "Rose" , a character from the 1997 movie "Titanic".
The story covers the life from "Young Rose" to "Old Rose" - marriage, children, grand children, family life, etc.

Why not change this website just to get ideas from everyone of how things would have to be if the earth was flat.
And include Rowbotham's fiction as examples.

Whether the earth is a globe or flat has really no reason for debate. Maybe it was in 1850, but certainly not on in 2016.

Just an idea. Probably a minority one. But it would make these websites more believable, fun and entertaining  for me personally.
Why not just forget the reality of the "round earth" and just make these  websites for "flat earth" fantasy, fiction and ideas.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:38:51 AM by geckothegeek »

George

Re: Suggestion for these websites
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 01:54:20 AM »
This isn't fiction.  There are people here who do truly believe that the earth is flat, and we are committed to sincerely arguing for it.

geckothegeek

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 02:29:57 AM »
This isn't fiction.  There are people here who do truly believe that the earth is flat, and we are committed to sincerely arguing for it.

If there are really any people on the Internet who believe that the earth is flat, which I very seriously doubt, they must either be delusional or are simply uninformed or ill informed.

Let's be honest . It is a known fact that the earth is the globe shaped planet that it is and has been known for quite some time.

Just about any flat earth idea has long been debunked. Starting with the horizon, for example. Flat earth is fiction at best.

I think most people come to these websites for entertainment anyway. Why not make them fun ?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 02:37:17 AM »
If there are really any people on the Internet who believe that the earth is flat, which I very seriously doubt

Really?  I guess I can wrap my head around your thinking every single purported believer here is a troll (which you are certainly wrong about), but do you think that BoB was just trolling too when he argued with Neil degrasse Tyson on twitter about it?  Or do you think that Sherri Shepherd was just playing when she said that she truly doesn't know what shape the Earth is on The View?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 03:04:02 AM »
If there are really any people on the Internet who believe that the earth is flat, which I very seriously doubt

Really?  I guess I can wrap my head around your thinking every single purported believer here is a troll (which you are certainly wrong about), but do you think that BoB was just trolling too when he argued with Neil degrasse Tyson on twitter about it?  Or do you think that Sherri Shepherd was just playing when she said that she truly doesn't know what shape the Earth is on The View?

Well I have been in the Navy and also in civilian fields of oceanic and aeroautical navigation and we certainly know what the shape of the earth is.
Of course not everyone has had those opportunities and advantages. Not everyone has had a need to know.

I was just suggesting that we be real. Maybe that is not the intentions of these websites. Not a few persons have suggested that they may be pranks, jokes or hoaxes.

Just suggesting honesty or maybe we should just forget about it on these websites and drop the subject of reality ?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 03:33:30 AM »
Nice shitposting, but sadly we don't allow it in upper fora. Locked.