Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit!
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 05:26:30 AM »
I'm hoping you Brits will regain some of the freedoms you lost over the years now that you departed from the EU.

Fun fact: the driving force for people voting to leave was due to wanting RESTRICTIONS in their country, not more.
Specifically the freedom of EU citizens to live and work in any country.  52% of Britans feel this is a problem. (Foreigners taking their jobs) and want to block that.

The main focus wasn't freedom from EU rules in general, just the immigration policy.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:22:03 AM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2016, 05:31:19 AM »
Fun fact: the driving force for people voting to leave was due to wanting LESS freedom in their country, not more.
Specifically the freedom of EU citizens to live and work in any country.  52% of Britans hate that.

Go and read about what the EU actually is. Then come back and edit that post.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2016, 05:56:46 AM »
Dave is in Norway, so naturally he has no idea what the EU even is.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2016, 06:11:13 AM »
Fun fact: the driving force for people voting to leave was due to wanting LESS freedom in their country, not more.
Specifically the freedom of EU citizens to live and work in any country.  52% of Britans hate that.

That's the reasons I've been told via my UK friends.

As far as I know, the EU is a common set of trade and economic laws as well as a currency linking member states.  Movement between member states no more difficult than moving from state to state in the US.

However, I will go read and edit accordingly.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2016, 06:25:30 AM »
I have read.  I made an edit but the general point is accurate.

Britians issue with the EU rules has is primarily the immigration policy.  Yes they are now free to set their own rules on everything but from what I understand, the EU rules weren't an issue asside from immigration.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2016, 02:06:47 PM »

Britians issue with the EU rules has is primarily the immigration policy.

The Leave campaign's main point was that the EU is an overbearing federalist entity that frankly shouldn't exist at all. The EU is pushing Europe more and more towards a federal-state interaction similar to the United States. They increasingly treat Europe as one single entity moving forward rather than a collection of countries that each have extremely different expectations.

Movement between member states no more difficult than moving from state to state in the US.

That is the Schengen Agreement treaty, not the EU.

Fun fact: the driving force for people voting to leave was due to wanting RESTRICTIONS in their country, not more.
Specifically the freedom of EU citizens to live and work in any country.  52% of Britans feel this is a problem. (Foreigners taking their jobs) and want to block that.

The free movement of people and goods is set by the EEA, not the EU.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2016, 02:40:05 PM »

Britians issue with the EU rules has is primarily the immigration policy.

The Leave campaign's main point was that the EU is an overbearing federalist entity that frankly shouldn't exist at all. The EU is pushing Europe more and more towards a federal-state interaction similar to the United States. They increasingly treat Europe as one single entity moving forward rather than a collection of countries that each have extremely different expectations.

Movement between member states no more difficult than moving from state to state in the US.

That is the Schengen Agreement treaty, not the EU.

The free movement of people and goods is set by the EEA, not the EU.

Thank you for the corrction

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2016, 03:19:18 PM »
Norway did a pretty great job of signing up for all of the Euro benefits without dealing with the EU's nonsense. That is, at a basic level, what the UK wants to do as well.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2016, 05:23:58 PM »
I'm hoping you Brits will regain some of the freedoms you lost over the years now that you departed from the EU.

I doubt it, given how much of their nanny-statism is self-imposed.

Then it would be a huge waste then to leave in the first place other than their pound is going up.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2016, 07:18:53 PM »
I've got my flag of Wangland all ready to go.

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2016, 08:19:29 AM »
The "Brexit" referendum is unbinding. That is, it has no legal value.

If it really had any value at all, then the next day the British government would have sent the necessary documents pertaining to Article 50 (Treaty of Lisbon).

No Article 50, no exit at all.

1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.

2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.

3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.

4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.

A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(b) of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.

5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to the procedure referred to in Article 49.

Knowing these things full well, Cameron stated this back in February:

Then there is the legality. I want to spell out this point very carefully. If the British people vote to leave there is only one way to bring that about – and that is to trigger Article 50 of the Treaties and begin the process of exit.

And the British people would rightly expect that to start straight away.

Let me be absolutely clear how this works. It triggers a 2-year time period to negotiate the arrangements for exit.

At the end of this period, if no agreement is in place then exit is automatic unless every 1 of the 27 other EU member states agrees to a delay.

"would rightly expect" = actually never

But last week Cameron said this:

A negotiation with the European Union will need to begin under a new Prime Minister, and I think it is right that this new Prime Minister takes the decision about when to trigger Article 50 and start the formal and legal process of leaving the EU.

Article 50 will be dealt with sometime in the next months, by the new Prime Minister (it is noted that none of the possible successors are in any hurry to say anything about Article 50).

The EU is a Vatican project designed to accomplish two things.

1. To create a stimulus trap (money going to banks, no austerity there, while starving those areas of the economy which would have brought about prosperity and jobs)

2. To unleash on the protestant northern nations the african/middle eastern immigration wave

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2016, 09:04:26 AM »
3 of the 4 milkmen of the apocalypse! Spotted in rural Britain.

Corbyn has released his new cabinet, it contains 4 lego figures and a wooden spoon with a face painted on it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:53:51 AM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2016, 09:24:44 PM »

No, unfortunately Dave is right. People voted Leave because they wanted to get rid of freedom of movement. The fact that that's an absolutely retarded reason to vote Leave changes very little about the fact that it still happened.

However, your advice still has some merit. Those voters should go and read about what the EU actually is, and then edit their position. Many already have, and the numbers seem to be increasing, at least among high-profile voters and campaigners.

Also, the pound keeps plummeting and now we're all some 20% poorer than last week. Woop de doo.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:33:41 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2016, 04:13:32 AM »
It's nice to know that you guys have such well informed voters making important decisions:
Brits Scramble to Google “What is the EU?” Hours After Voting to Leave It

Now they want to know about it.

A bit late, don’t you think? A report from Google shows the British are madly searching to figure out what the European Union is.

According to Google, “What is the EU?” is the second most searched term about the EU since the announcement of the historic Brexit referendum this morning. Oh, and in the hours prior to the vote, Google says one of the top questions was “What is Brexit?”
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2016, 07:22:57 AM »

I live amongst the dead! Pintrest & twitter junkies, Kardasians, cats & cakes, I had one person say to me it was a victory for the working man (?) and when I asked them if they thought Gove or Johnson knew or cared anything about the working man they said who's Gove! I'm moving to Iceland.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »
'It doesn't matter who votes, it matters who counts the votes.'

The leave vote was much higher than officially reported: more than 70%.

"The difference between 52 and 51
As votes were being "counted" the published results were of the same type as the final result: 51 and two decimals.
If you round the LEAVE official results you get 52%, but the two digits that human perceivers are 51%, the rounding you get by simply ignoring the decimals.
And that is NOT a detail, because 51 not 52 is the number fulfilling this line in script: "LEAVE wins as close to 50-50 as it gets".

The next "decision" act, another referendum to silence once for all the 3 out of 4 britons who want to leave the EU, started minutes after the "results" were announced

Example, served as illuminati joke by using the words vote and count: "BREXIT: LEAVE VOTERS REGRETFUL, WISH THEY'D VOTED REMAIN. Among the reasons for regret: "I didn't think my vote would count.".

Isn’t is interesting to see how virtually every highly controversial poll or vote or referendum stacks up in such a way that the odds hover close to 50/50 either way?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/eu-referendum-rigged_uk_57691efee4b01fb65864173f

Trick to falsify "elections" at will relies on two stages for simulated reality:
1. mass media
2, political parties and in the case of a referendum: additionally the leaders of the two camps.

Trick as simple as this:
- prevent anyone on stage to question to what lengths polls and published results are manufactured
- prevent verification of "results", starting with the people counting votes at each ballot box. In other words: conceal results for each ballot box.

Trick in two steps
1, have the media publish polls according to the script,
2. publish only the aggregated "results", alias what was in script.

BREXIT  Reality: not too close to calll but more than 70% votes to LEAVE the EU
The script "LEAVE wins as close to 50-50 as it gets" is a psy-op.
The cast includes the media, the leaders of the two camps and a third stage where numbers are produced at will: financial markets.

The same goes for the leaders of both camps in a referendum, the ones who validate the fake aggregate results.
In other words: mass media and political parties are totally controlled same as the "financial markets".
These three entity types generate numbers at will: from polls to election results, from exchange rates to credit ratings and corporate earnings, from BIG Pharma to BIG Banks.
In the Brexit script the "financial markets" are used
- first to have people swallow the LEAVE victory with the fakke 51% instead of the real 75%.
- later to justify reverting the LEAVE decision ,in the coming second "referendum".

Repeat the referendum to have this time Britain "return" to the EU.
Setting the stage for this step will start immediatelu after the simulated LEAVE and the "markets reaction" will again be part of it.
The illuminati actors playing "far-right "anti-EU leaders" (Farage & Co) will play the same suicide bomber role  as "leftists" Maduro in Venezuela. or Tsipras in Greece: create "echomich chaos"."

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2016, 03:39:18 PM »
I like how levee spouts these conspiracy theories off to people who either ARE british or KNOW british people who say exactly what he says isn't true.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2016, 06:21:09 PM »
Dave... we've been over this several times.

Ikke svare på ham.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 06:22:42 PM by Rushy »

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2016, 06:40:34 PM »

No, unfortunately Dave is right. People voted Leave because they wanted to get rid of freedom of movement. The fact that that's an absolutely retarded reason to vote Leave changes very little about the fact that it still happened.

However, your advice still has some merit. Those voters should go and read about what the EU actually is, and then edit their position. Many already have, and the numbers seem to be increasing, at least among high-profile voters and campaigners.

Also, the pound keeps plummeting and now we're all some 20% poorer than last week. Woop de doo.

I have to disagree with you. The immigration is destroying Britain, especially since they are unvetted.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.