rabinoz, you should know that low content posting is not allowed in the upper forums.

I was simply responding to TWO other questions re: genetics/molecular biology/evolution vs. creationism.

My message included the very best quotes from the most accomplished scientists who study these subjects.

What you did is to quote the entire message (which was not necessary), thus fulfilling the very definition of low content posting.

You are in no position to criticize anybody: you have failed so far to explain the faint young sun paradox.

Do not kid yourself: it takes less than 30 seconds to debunk any of your responses.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
What has the "Young Earth Paradox" go to do with the "Shape of the Earth"?

The shape is determinable in the here and now and has been measured, seen and photographed!

By measured, I mean that the dimensions have been measured (yes, by Geodetic Surveyors) and those measurements
do not fit on a plane surface - a fact that no-one is prepared to seriously address!
So come down to earth and address some of the here and now issues.
The age of the earth, evolution v. creation and cosmology (or cosmogony - whatever that is) have nothing whatever to do with its shape here and now!
What is, is! Get used to it!

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Don't feed the troll!!  Now we will probably get another sixteen hundred word post.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
Don't feed the troll!!  Now we will probably get another sixteen hundred word post.
I don't think they can yet face up to the simple fact that there really are flights to/from Australia and South America, Australia and South Africa, South Africa and South America as well as New Zealand and South America.
And, especially that these flights really are the distances determined on the Globe - very close to Google Earth distance from airport to airport.

I have measured long distances in southern Australia (yes, we have some long straight roads - like a 145 km straight sealed road) and all distances agree perfectly (as near as I could measure) to the Globe distances for km/degree! Here is just one example:
from
Sp
to
Sp
on road distance
Sp
direct distance
Sp
km/degree
Balladonia (-32.35° 123.62°)SpEucla (-31.68° 128.88°)Spcar oddo 532 km, Garmin Nav 531.5 kmSpGarmin Nav 503 km    SpGarmin direct 94.5 km/°

The km/° is taken as at an average latitude of -32.01°.
The km/° at the equator can then be calculated from (km/° at Lat)/cos(Lat) or 94.5/cos(32.01°) = 111.4 km/°.

These figures give a circumference of the earth at -32.01° of 360° x 94.5 km/°
= 34,032 km and
a circumference at the equator of 360° x 111.4 km/°
= 40,104 km. Look familiar?
In this I have compared the distance on the car oddo (532 km) with that on the Garmin navigator (531.5 km) mainly to quell the doubts that some might have of GPS and map distances south of the Equator. Now the accuracy of what I have here could be questioned, but I am sure the distances are within 1% of the correct values. Anyone can check the Lat, Long co-ordinates of the Balladonia Roadhouse and Eucla (they are both tiny places).

Now, I know I am calculating the circumference at the equator assuming the earth is a Globe, but
Now I dare any Flat Earther to calculate what the the circumference at the equator would be if we assumed the earth was a flat disk!
i warn you that you might not like what you find!

rabinoz wrote:

And Columbus knew the earth was a sphere[1] and hoped to find the East Indies by going west. His only trouble is that he knew the distance going east, but had has circumference of the earth "a bit out" and would have run out of food and others supplies long before getting to the East Indies!
Go learn some history and don't try to rewrite it it suit your own indoctrination!

Just like in the case of geodetic surveying, you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=56039.msg1403301#msg1403301

Columbus' journey proves the Earth to be flat.

And there is more.

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1133.msg25416#msg25416

You need to drastically improve your bibliographical references.

Also, you have a short memory.

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4751.msg91692#msg91692

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
rabinoz wrote:

And Columbus knew the earth was a sphere[1] and hoped to find the East Indies by going west. His only trouble is that he knew the distance going east, but had has circumference of the earth "a bit out" and would have run out of food and others supplies long before getting to the East Indies!
Go learn some history and don't try to rewrite it it suit your own indoctrination!

Just like in the case of geodetic surveying, you have no idea what you are talking about.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=56039.msg1403301#msg1403301

Columbus' journey proves the Earth to be flat.

And there is more.

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1133.msg25416#msg25416

You need to drastically improve your bibliographical references.

Also, you have a short memory.

https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4751.msg91692#msg91692
Please tell me the circumference of the earth at:
(1) The equator
(2) 30 deg south latitude
That should be easy!

What on earth has any of this treatise got to do with the topic: "My Flight Path Experiment Findings on the Flat VS Globe Earth. Explain Why?"
I just suppose you thought us poor ignorant people needed that information. Why don't you make a thread of you own. You could call it:
The Irrelevant Ramblings of Sandokhan!

He was actually following along with the conversation, that as often happens, goes off topic.

Is the logic presented irrelevant to you? If so it explains a lot about how you tend to ignore any sound logic that goes against your agenda.

Perhaps it's time for an entire subforum just for you.

The Poorly Formatted Overly Boring Data Tables of Rabinoz

Offline DZiner

• View Profile
Re: My Flight Path Experiment Findings on the Flat VS Globe Earth. Explain Why?
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2018, 04:38:12 PM »
I just thought I'd post this somewhere, here seemed to be the topic most related.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2018, 06:18:00 PM »
I pinched these from another forum.
One is the airlines round earth route and the other is it simulated over a FE map.
The course is the same.
The distance is the same.
The time spent flying is the same.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2018, 06:49:20 PM »
Isn't the round earth route just over 7000 miles and the flat earth one 7800, or am I missing something?
And if the earth is flat then why would the airline take such a weird curved route? An airline is trying to minimise costs, going longer routes uses more fuel and takes more time, why would they do that? Unless they are "in on it" too.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2018, 07:27:27 PM »
Isn't the round earth route just over 7000 miles and the flat earth one 7800, or am I missing something?
And if the earth is flat then why would the airline take such a weird curved route? An airline is trying to minimise costs, going longer routes uses more fuel and takes more time, why would they do that? Unless they are "in on it" too.

I dug deeper in flight paths and there are many restrictions on them that I didn't know.
I to thought why don't they go the straightest line?
They are told where they can and can't fly.

IFR restrictions are their claimed issues. They use radar  so they can fly in white out conditions. If that area of the world has no access to it then its a no fly zone.

Reasons why they don't fly over the south pole they claim are that
they have a limit of 72 degrees South for those flights, mainly for satellite communications reasons but also because terrain elevation is not accurately known, making it impossible to plan for a depressurization event any further south.

They state the practical problem for an airliner flying over the South Pole is lack of accurate relief data for terrain clearance in the case of a depressurization.

Its funny why they don't have topographical maps with these elevations on them if satellites cover the whole earth.

All airliners are required to carry sufficient fuel to cope with a depressurization or an engine failure at any point along the intended route, under instrument flight rules. The chart they use for SYD-SCL has about 75% of the continent as a no fly zone for this reason.

The comparing between the two flight paths show that it is doable with their aviation rules and fuel consumption.

And you will see the continent of Antarctica on both flights.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 07:44:38 PM by retlaw »

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2018, 07:48:43 PM »
Instrument flight rules
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrument_flight_rules

I hate using wiki because of it being so un trust worthy but here is a generalization of the limitations on flight paths.

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »
Im not a map maker by trade so I couldnt personally make one. But the globe map is rubbish as hundreds of planes go the wrong route very often and have to turn and go back to get their bearings. This because of navigation bias that increases quantum uncertainty the further the distance is between locations. Islands or continents have higher density than much of the ocean so they will have more atoms with particles in a superposition. Meaning the continents or land masses have higher overall probability of being in either two places at once (not very likely but this what causes a lot of planes to get confused about where their destinations are). Plus the Heisenberg uncertainty principle means it is difficult to know postion and momentum at the same time.

Since continents moment-ems are fairly static their position is also less certain. This makes a non-dynamic fixed distance global map of the earth unworkable. Now there is some complicated quantum geometry involved which I wont do into know, but you can use it to calculate a workable probability of distance range between destinations which varies enormously depending on land density at take of points. and density and superposition variations on the route between points. This will calculate a likely trajectory for navigating betweeen postions and continents. There is still much we dont know like why pilot confusion and flight path reversals are particularly high around the region of China. Maybe you might be able to explain that? As renowned scientific and quantum innovator Deepak Chopra once wisdomed "We are all energies as one and with an entangled existence in the probabilistic nature of quantum fields" The laws of physics are much more simple than einstains UNWORKABLE model. Maths makes things a workable model if you discard antiquated notions that do not unify in a single theory. Things are a workable model if you open your mind to wonderful dynamism of the quantum world. Its mostly statistics really. So useable maps are  constructed on a journey by journey basis as the routes are dynamic based upon my stated variables. Globalist maps are not helpful apart from on an asthetic level. Just because a globe looks pretty sure as hell doesnt make it reality. And worth noting the dome is usually transparent when then suns second spotlight isnt reflecting back off it.

« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2018, 12:12:18 AM »
That is almost entirely word salad that makes no sense.

But the globe map is rubbish as hundreds of planes go the wrong route very often and have to turn and go back to get their bearings.

This almost never happens, and when it does it makes the news. And, it's caused by human error or malfeasance.

Pilot sleeps and overshoots destination by 150 miles:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northwest_Airlines_Flight_188
Or of course the Malaysian airplane that disappeared presumably because the pilot was suicidal or crazy.

I studied quantum physics and your usage of the words is fantasy.

You can go on flightaware.com or other sites and track airplanes - find a single case of a plane going wrong rather than just using established instrument flying techniques.

Here is just one flight that didn't go wrong - find one that did. https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA63/history/20180224/0053Z/YSSY/FAOR