Baumgartner
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:03:47 PM »

Ok, now tell me how in a FE could we see this.

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
Re: Baumgartner
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 06:43:28 PM »
Model, suit, person, green-screen.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
Fish eye lense does not equal round Earth.  Nothing there proves anything but a fisheye lense.

Let me make this clear. It's actually very easy to verify curvature even on a fish-eye lens capture.

Pause the video on a frame where the horizon is in a horizontal position on screen, and exactly at the middle of the screen (at the midpoint of the vertical axis). Now look at the horizon. If it's curved on the frame, it's curved in reality. A straight line would appear as a straight line in a fish-eyed frame, if it's horizontal or vertical and in the middle.

Do you honestly believe that they did not use fish-eye lenses?  Look at this picture taken from ground level.  Clearly, the cameras are distorting the horizon.

Not all of the cameras had this type of lens, however.  Here is one that shows a fairly flat horizon.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:02:20 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 01:15:53 AM »
Slightly off-topic Tom Bishop, out of curiosity, what does this picture represent?

http://s739.photobucket.com/user/jorroa5990/media/Screenshotfrom2012-09-26171216.png.html

PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 05:58:18 PM »
Slightly off-topic Tom Bishop, out of curiosity, what does this picture represent?

http://s739.photobucket.com/user/jorroa5990/media/Screenshotfrom2012-09-26171216.png.html

It looks like he's trying to use the Pythagorean Theorem to calculate the distance from the earth where lines A and B intersect in space. It is unclear why, however.

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 11:40:02 AM »

Perhaps it is a parallax calculation?

Thork

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 09:40:19 PM »
Fisheye trickery. NASA love the old fish eye. These guys do too. Makes it seem high up.

The famous picture on the left. note how the scaffold bends above his head. And a non fish eye version on the right. Take the distortion out and we are back to a disc, not a ball.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 11:03:16 PM »
Yes, a disc. On a Flat Earth at very high altitudes one is looking down at a circle of light, and so some slight curvature is to be expected.

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 08:52:32 AM »
From what I remember in my photography days, a 55mm lens is said to be accurate and true.

NASA is likely using something down in the 14-24mm range, and sometimes it even looks like they could be going lower than 14mm.

The Horizon through a Fisheye Lens

NOTICE how the curve is seen low to the ground, and keeps the same curve as high as you go.

Correcting Fish-eye Effects

This photo is relatively the same height as the one at the top of the page. Would you believe this curve is also accurate when they're both around the same hight?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:54:16 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 12:28:41 PM »
From what I remember in my photography days, a 55mm lens is said to be accurate and true.
For 35mm or equivalent film or sensor, then yes, a 50-55mm lens would approximate the view of a human eye (normal).  However, for different film/sensor formats, different focal lengths would be considered normal.

NASA is likely using something down in the 14-24mm range, and sometimes it even looks like they could be going lower than 14mm.
Without knowing the film/sensor format, then throwing around random numbers is rather pointless.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.