Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #1900 on: April 04, 2015, 11:31:18 PM »
I've gotta be honest, Yaakov, I find your outrage at Obama's attempts at normalizing relations more disgusting than I do your Hitler complex. Honestly man, just because they're our enemies today doesn't mean they have to be our enemies forever. That attitude is actively evil.

Unless they are explicitly willing to guarantee that Israel, one of our major allies, has the right to exist, and quit calling for it to be wiped off the map, any normalisation of relations with them is an act of treason against the State for which Obama should be promptly arrested, tried, and punished as a convicted traitor.

Okay, but we're talking about ending sanctions we put against them specifically because of their nuclear program in return for them ending their nuclear weapons program. I know you want us to massacre the entire population of Iran, but this in no way betrays our responsibilities toward Israel. Besides, I think you're greatly exaggerating our responsibilities toward Israel. We don't actually have any. We support them because it's convenient for us to do so. If that changed, and if the political climate allowed for it, we'd drop Zion like Beyonce dropped that one album (that is to say suddenly, without any warning). I'm sorry, but that's the truth. Israel isn't special. We don't want another war in the Middle East, and we don't want Iran to get nuclear weapons. If you think Israel comes before those two interests, you're quite frankly just wrong.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: April 05, 2015, 12:27:10 AM »
I want Iran to have nukes. Historically, a country that acquired nukes always became more stable and the region became more peaceful. Very recent examples include Israel, which threatened to nuke the entire region and subsequently survived an Egyptian beat-down, and then we have Ukraine, who gave up their nukes only to be invaded by Russia.

Nuclear weapons have only stopped wars, they have never started them.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: April 05, 2015, 12:34:17 AM »
I want Iran to have nukes. Historically, a country that acquired nukes always became more stable and the region became more peaceful. Very recent examples include Israel, which threatened to nuke the entire region and subsequently survived an Egyptian beat-down, and then we have Ukraine, who gave up their nukes only to be invaded by Russia.

Nuclear weapons have only stopped wars, they have never started them.

I don't think it's the nukes themselves that stabilize a country, but rather the technological prowess required to make them. Any country that spends enough time and energy on science to develop nuclear weapons and missiles to use them with probably has its shit together.

As for the peace-enforcing possibility, I'm not sure the risk is worth the reward even if the reward exists. Maybe nukes help prevent war, but it only takes one bad egg-nation to fuck up everything for everyone forever. And if I had to choose a nation that would use their nukes offensively, Iran would be in the top 5
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: April 05, 2015, 12:36:26 AM »
I don't think it's the nukes themselves that stabilize a country, but rather the technological prowess required to make them. Any country that spends enough time and energy on science to develop nuclear weapons and missiles to use them with probably has its shit together.

"North Korea has its shit together." -Tausami the Great

As for the peace-enforcing possibility, I'm not sure the risk is worth the reward even if the reward exists. Maybe nukes help prevent war, but it only takes one bad egg-nation to fuck up everything for everyone forever. And if I had to choose a nation that would fuck up in that manner, Iran would be in the top 5.

Considering Iran is the most advanced nation in the region, I don't think they would. Their culture opposes Western morality, yes, but they're not stupid.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1904 on: April 05, 2015, 12:36:43 AM »
Rushy's on a roll tonight.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1905 on: April 05, 2015, 01:31:18 AM »
Actually, I have nothing against Persians as such. I don't see any reason to nuke them. ISIS, yes. Persia, no. Their government may be fucked up, but a government is not its people. G-d, if you judged America by the fucktards we currently have in office (ie, Obama), you would have to nuke us within seconds.

No, I don't think we should let the Iranian government get anywhere near getting the bomb, and I do hope Israel takes out their capabilities if they come anywhere close to it. I would prefer, however, that in the taking out of such capabilities, injuries to civilians be kept minimal, as they were with Syria and Iraq when Israel took out their reactors. And again, the need for Israeli action is primarily due to the crazy bastards in charge, as opposed to the people residing there, with whom I have no real quarrel.

But, hey, enough of this discussion for now. My beautiful Bride and I have been married 8 months. And I have never been happier. So, let us end all political discussion for the moment. Do congratulate me on such a beautiful Bride. I wish I could post a picture, but alas, I am not able.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: April 05, 2015, 01:35:40 AM »
How do you nuke ISIS?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: April 05, 2015, 01:51:29 AM »
How do you nuke ISIS?

It'd actually be pretty easy to do so, but I don't think Israel, the world, or Yaakov would be happy with the results.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1908 on: April 05, 2015, 01:56:41 AM »
No, nuking ISIS is a bad idea. You need to go to the areas controlled by them, and Boko Haram, and Al Shabab, and Hamas, and carpet bomb the living shit out of each area for a solid week. First you offer a chance to surrender unconditionally. If that is refused, then you completely wipe out with carpet bombing everything in those areas that exists down to the smallest rabbit. But before you do that, you choose one city to do it as an example. Pick the city that is the headquarters of ISIS and carpet bomb it into complete non-existence for one week. Then offer a second chance for surrender, and inform the rest of the bastards that a second refusal will result in them being turned into what that one city now looks like. Then give them three days to decide.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: April 05, 2015, 02:03:46 AM »
No, nuking ISIS is a bad idea. You need to go to the areas controlled by them, and Boko Haram, and Al Shabab, and Hamas, and carpet bomb the living shit out of each area for a solid week. First you offer a chance to surrender unconditionally. If that is refused, then you completely wipe out with carpet bombing everything in those areas that exists down to the smallest rabbit. But before you do that, you choose one city to do it as an example. Pick the city that is the headquarters of ISIS and carpet bomb it into complete non-existence for one week. Then offer a second chance for surrender, and inform the rest of the bastards that a second refusal will result in them being turned into what that one city now looks like. Then give them three days to decide.

I don't think you understand just how difficult that actually is.  The amount of bombs/missiles required would surely be far greater than what exists in current arsenals.  And while it would be possible with some major stock piling, you're still going to miss a lot of people.  Also, you're going to get a lot of refugees.  Plus, if you threatened to do that to Palestine, exactly how soon do you think it would be before everyone in Palestine takes up arms, storms the Israeli borders, and wipes the floor with your unarmed citizens?

The same would happen all over the middle east.  Refugees and massive air strikes.

Also, do you really think some of these areas don't have anti-air capabilities?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1910 on: April 05, 2015, 02:12:22 AM »
I seriously doubt if ISIS has much in the way of anti-air capabilities, and I know that Gaza doesn't. They can't even shoot a rocket right. The rockets that they fire at Israel more often then not end up landing in Gaza, according to analysts of the last war. In fact, I would choose Gaza City as the city to make an example of, rather than the capital of ISIS, but that's just a personal choice. I'm not one of the Generals. And I think Israel is more than prepared to have a bunch of poorly armed "Palestinians" attempt to attack it. They have what is basically the best military in the world. They could very easily resolve the "Palestinian" Problem. They simply choose not to, because of the bleeding heart idiots in the rest of the world.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1911 on: April 05, 2015, 02:14:03 AM »
How do you storm a border that has a huge security fence?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 05, 2015, 02:14:52 AM »
How do you storm a border that has a huge security fence?

Ask the Mexicans.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1913 on: April 05, 2015, 02:15:37 AM »
*GRIN* Israel has armed guards on theirs. That actually will shoot to kill.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: April 05, 2015, 02:17:09 AM »
Hardcore jews.
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: April 05, 2015, 02:17:13 AM »

That's not a good thing.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1916 on: April 05, 2015, 02:18:25 AM »

That's not a good thing.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 05, 2015, 02:20:41 AM »
Killing is a good thing.
The Mastery.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #1918 on: April 05, 2015, 02:21:24 AM »
Killing is a good thing.

In defence of one's country, yes. Not just randomly, no.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 05, 2015, 02:22:54 AM »
Is that in the Torah?
The Mastery.