Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: How we see the sun as setting while it has moving away?
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2016, 03:05:59 AM »
You don't understand what means that picture it is not my problem.

You are continously saying "perspective". What a perspective if the sun is 93 millions away , is the angle of the sunlight 45 degrees like this or it must be 90 degrees. There is no another alternative that explaining with your magic word "perspective". What a magic explains everything.  :)
OK all you Flat Earth experts that will not accept a "perspective" explanation:

Please explain how high the sun is in this picture. Unless some perspective is involved that sun would seem to be at maybe 2 to 3 km high, certainly no more!
But, I believe you said "We have some calculating about sun positions that proves it is about 5.000 kms far. But it changes time by time because the sun is moving. sometimes 3.000 miles, sometimes 10.000 miles."

So how do YOU explain this picture?

Crepuscular Rays in Scotland
Now that picture was taken over a lake in Scotland - probably 3,600 km north of northern most excursion of the sun - the Tropic of Cancer!

So whatever you try to say that sun has to be at the very closest 3,600 km away, and in reality must be much more than that!
So all you experts (especially İntikam) , are you going to tell me that it is very close, when we KNOW it simply cannot be over that lake - just NOT POSSIBLE, even for a Flat Earth!
You simply have to agree that it is simply a perspective effect - the sun is NOT directly above that lake.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 04:32:34 AM »
You are continously saying "perspective". What a perspective if the sun is 93 millions away , is the angle of the sunlight 45 degrees like this or it must be 90 degrees. There is no another alternative that explaining with your magic word "perspective". What a magic explains everything.  :)
What does this picture mean?

Is the sun less than 100 meters up?  It looks like it is just above the trees.  Maybe if I walked to where the road goes around the corner, I could throw a rock and hit the sun.  Do you agree?

Offline Chris C

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2016, 05:38:10 AM »
Good picture, you silenced the thread.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2016, 01:25:02 PM »
Good picture, you silenced the thread.
Funny how that happens!

But sometime I really would like an answer to just where they think the sun is in these pictures!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2016, 09:19:25 AM »

looks like some trees m8

Is the sun less than 100 meters up?
No.

It looks like it is just above the trees.
No, it doesn't. You can't even see the sun in this photo.

Maybe if I walked to where the road goes around the corner, I could throw a rock and hit the sun.  Do you agree?
I mean, on a purely hypothetical level, you might be able to hurl a rock at higher-than-exit velocity, and then perhaps you might be able to aim well enough to hit it. Speaking from empirical experience, however, it's extremely unlikely that you would meet either of those prerequisites.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:23:25 AM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2016, 12:59:50 PM »

Looks to me like someone is shining a bright spotlight behind a row of trees.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2016, 01:33:51 PM »

looks like some trees m8

No.

And you can't extend those rays to where they all meet?
What about this one?
You can see the sun here, but does that mean that the sun is IN those clouds?

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »

looks like some trees m8

No.

Maybe if I walked to where the road goes around the corner, I could throw a rock and hit the sun.  Do you agree?
I mean, on a purely hypothetical level, you might be able to hurl a rock at higher-than-exit velocity, and then perhaps you might be able to aim well enough to hit it. Speaking from empirical experience, however, it's extremely unlikely that you would meet either of those prerequisites.
So we can all agree then that pictures of rays of sunlight appearing to converge just above some clouds, does not mean the sun is just above those clouds. 

Looks to me like someone is shining a bright spotlight behind a row of trees.

Not to worry, it was good old natural sunlight.  No fakery shenanigans here.  I don't have a spotlight (or in this case to get the same pattern of rays, a floodlight would be better) that bright.  There are floodlights that are pretty bright, but they're also rather large, and I still don't know if they would be bright enough to get the same effect during the daytime.