Spirituality and flat earth theory
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »
Hi,
I am a new user and new to flat earth theory. I am completely open to the science and arguments put forth for a flat earth, but I simply cannot find a way to combine my spirituality with the flat earth theory as of yet. My biggest problems come when I try and combine the flat earth theory with the terra papers, or with the cave paintings of the dogon people.  How does spirituality and the flat earth theory go together? 

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
Re: Spirituality and flat earth theory
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 09:51:25 PM »
How does spirituality and the flat earth theory go together?

Flat Earthers tend to reject a lot of what the new age movement offers.
The Heliocentric view looks for a hidden god in everything, God is obvious on a Flat Earth.

Most FE's are agnostics and some unite their former religious convictions to it.
For myself, I am a Christian, and FET has a history of Christian Believers as well.

Some might call Eric Dubay a New Ager (or esoteric) but Eric tends to reject all religions in favour of transcendental meditation so he would probably mock anyone who Holds any form of belief without direct revelation (mysticism)

Anyway, welcome to the forum  :)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:23:05 AM by Dither »
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Toolazytomakeausername

• Most likely a human
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 02:18:42 PM »
Welcome to the FES! :)

As for your question, it's quite easy to connect religion/spirituality to the FE model, and a lot of people believe in flat earth because of biblical evidence and whatnot. The wiki has more info on it, I suggest you check it out.
According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyways. Because bees don't care what humans think is impossible.

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:57:13 AM »
I appreciate/respect the response and your belief that the fe model can be fit into religion/spirituality but it is in stark contrast to what the dogon people have written in their caves as well as a Native American story called the terra papers. Not only that but what about the story of  Atlantis, lemuria, or even the twelve books written by Zechariah sitchin, not to mention sacred geometry, numerology, horoscopes, just to name some. In the documentaries and things I have read they are either glossed over by simply saying there is a dome and a projection or not talked about. I believe in order for the FE theory to gain more traction it has to answer these questions. How does the FE theory answer these Native American stories as well as the research done by Zechariah?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 06:02:51 PM »
Honestly your beliefs are probably just wrong.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »
what about the story of  Atlantis, lemuria, or even the twelve books written by Zechariah sitchin, not to mention sacred geometry, numerology, horoscopes, just to name some... I believe in order for the FE theory to gain more traction it has to answer these questions.

RE doesn't answer any of these questions, but nevertheless has plenty of traction...
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 11:23:32 PM »

Flat Earthers tend to reject a lot of what the new age movement offers.
The Heliocentric view looks for a hidden god in everything, God is obvious on a Flat Earth.
[/quote]

The "heliocentric view" doesn't "look" for or try to explain anything.  It is the conclusion that was drawn based on observed facts.

If this contradicts the bible of your religion, then the obvious conclusion is that your religious beliefs are wrong.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »
In my opinion the flat earth idea itself is a religious way of thinking at least. I mean, look zero evidence, no experimental data, even sometimes no logic. But people still believe in it.
So flat earthers in my opinion are all religious. It's not science nothing you can test. A pure belief.
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 04:16:51 PM »
In my opinion the flat earth idea itself is a religious way of thinking at least.

That's how I view the round Earth idea, a silly notion on the face of it that is strongly reinforced by years of indoctrination to the extent that those who refuse to adhere to it are considered the ones who are crazy.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »
Nope. Not at all.
Look, I'm an amateur astronomer. The spinning globe is just as a 2+2=4 rule for a mathematician. My motorized mount of my telescope rotates to compensate Earth rotation. The planets are spherical. Youcan see this in a telescope. ISS is visible in a telescope in great detail. Earth shadow cast on the moon is round. These are just a few things. There is no indoctrination and I don't rely on images from NASA. These things are just simply visible to anyone. Come and I'll show you.
Flat Earth is one of the following:
- nonsense
- bullshit
- garbage
- trash
- junk
- crap

Choose to your liking.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »
Have you ever heard about the Porcoddio? thats is thougt to be an ancient divinity that ruled (and might be still ruling) over the flat wolrd of which even numerous tribes brought their witnesses... This religion seems to be one of the few that still brings forth the convinction that Earth is actually flat. check about "Porcodism"