Ptolemy

UA
« on: April 01, 2017, 05:09:13 PM »
I am 100% a Flat Earther. I am struggling to explain Universal Acceleration as our "Gravity".

There is no Gravity, that's a fact.
Universal Acceleration explains why we are stuck to the plane, and if we go up we always come down. Dark Matter is a fair assumption , however I just read the write up on tides of the ocean and it stated that the moon and stars have a gravitational pull on the water.

You can't have gravity, that doesn't exist , from the moon, because there is no gravity on UA.

Ptolemy

Re: UA
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 11:07:20 PM »
Anyone ??

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 01:11:26 AM »
Tidal Effects

In the FE universe, gravitation (not gravity) exists in other celestial bodies. The gravitational pull of the stars, for example, causes observable tidal effects on Earth.

Q: Why does gravity vary with altitude?

A: The moon and stars have a slight gravitational pull.

“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Ptolemy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 01:18:49 AM »
Gravitation.
Ok, ty

Ptolemy

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 01:56:49 AM »
Conclusion: Gravitation is a known fact or a law of nature, as much as that this iPad I am typing on is a solid or that birds fly. Attempts to explain its dynamics, like general relativity, loop quantum gravity, string theory etc. are theories.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 02:43:25 AM »
One line of thought is that the flat earth itself does not produce a gravitational field, but the celestial bodies do produce a celestial gravitational field that influences things like tides and the measured variations in the UA's "gravitational" field.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Ptolemy

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2017, 09:08:42 AM »
One line of thought is that the flat earth itself does not produce a gravitational field, but the celestial bodies do produce a celestial gravitational field that influences things like tides and the measured variations in the UA's "gravitational" field.

Yes, very interesting.
Ty
 :)

Ptolemy

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 09:09:58 PM »
If it is UA that keeps us all on the surface, and makes it so that "what goes up must come down", then what in the FE universe keeps the Sun and the Moon up in the sky? Shouldn't they drop to the earth also, just like the object I just dropped out of my hand?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
The moon is much smaller than the earth.  Why does it produce a gravitational field, if the much larger earth does not?
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice