« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »
There's no chance of him winning.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
Re: Former KKK runs for senate
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2016, 12:39:07 PM »
Isn't joining the KKK an action?
Two days ago I registered as a supporter of the Labour Party here in the UK. Does that, by default, make me a left-winger, or does it simply mean that I paid a fee to an organisation? Does paying said fee somehow overwrite my predominantly centre-right mindset?

"I know he was with the KKK but has he ever actually done anything racist?"
I mean, if it's so trivial, why don't you just give me a couple of examples so we can move on?

Curious as to why you joined the Labour Party if you don't agree with their views?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2016, 02:02:35 PM »
Curious as to why you joined the Labour Party if you don't agree with their views?
I didn't join the Labour Party, and I don't disagree with their views. You seem very confused.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2016, 02:11:59 PM »
I didn't join the Labour Party, and I don't disagree with their views. You seem very confused.

Well you did say you registered as a supporter. As you mature you will forgive people simple misunderstandings like that.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 02:32:00 PM »
Well you did say you registered as a supporter.
Yes, which is very different from joining the party. Registering as a supporter, in the context of Labour, means paying up so you can vote in their upcoming leadership contest. I would be more lenient towards someone who isn't invested in UK politics, but Ghost Spaghetti doesn't get that excuse.

As you mature you will forgive people simple misunderstandings like that.
You know me better than to believe that.

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 02:42:56 PM »
I guess he needs to say that he's really really sorry, and eventually one day he will be able to hug and kiss a democrat senator or get eulogized by a black democrat president

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 04:42:06 PM »
To be fair to SexWarrior, I guess, Dave should have pointed out he's a former Grand Wizard (leader of the entire organization) rather than just saying he was a member. Obviously there's a difference.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2016, 04:56:08 PM »
To be fair to SexWarrior, I guess, Dave should have pointed out he's a former Grand Wizard (leader of the entire organization) rather than just saying he was a member. Obviously there's a difference.

To be fair to me, the link has "former kkk leader" in it.  I didn't think I needed it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2016, 08:17:02 PM »
tbh I don't know much about the modern KKK (or KKKs? There appear to be multiple independent chapters, or something along those lines. It looks like Duke was the founder of something called the KKKK, which is apparently the most KKK KKK of modern KKKs?) at all, so it's difficult for me to separate legitimate Klansmen from "omg this guy is literally KKK and also Hitler". I'm quite familiar with the 1860s-1920s incarnations of the KKK, but their modern operations seem to be close to non-existent.

Rama Set

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2016, 08:19:17 PM »
tbh I don't know much about the modern KKK (or KKKs? There appear to be multiple independent chapters, or something along those lines) at all, so it's difficult for me to separate legitimate Klansmen from "omg this guy is literally KKK and also Hitler". I'm quite familiar with the 1860s-1920s incarnations of the KKK, but their modern operations seem to be close to non-existent.

I think they were active during the civil rights movement in the 50s and 60s, then faded from view a little with a couple of high profile cases in the 80s.  By most accounts it is difficult to infiltrate them now and/or attribute any actions to them because they have a more cell-like structure.