Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
Re: Computers are a conspiracy
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2015, 05:51:19 PM »
It's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_gate just with wires carrying or not carrying power is enough to make a binary calculator. If you play Minecraft there is a circuit mechanism called Redstone which can use Logic gate to construct even computer in a game.

You an also make a floating house in Minecraft, make an infinite cobblestone generator, and hold enough materials to build a house.  Perhaps I could do those things in real life too.  After all: it's possible in Minecraft.

It's just an analogy, the floating house and infinite cobblestone generator is out of the picture. I didn't brought that up because Redstone worked very closely like a real life circuit, but some of the physics doesn't. You can actually make a simple ALU in Minecraft with XOR gates, or you could test logic gate in this game http://armorgames.com/play/17826/logical-element
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline FEexperimenter

• Computers are a conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2015, 06:39:10 PM »
It's just an analogy, the floating house and infinite cobblestone generator is out of the picture. I didn't brought that up because Redstone worked very closely like a real life circuit, but some of the physics doesn't. You can actually make a simple ALU in Minecraft with XOR gates, or you could test logic gate in this game http://armorgames.com/play/17826/logical-element

Did I just read that right?  Do you seriously think that redstone and electricity work anything like each other?  Redstone doesn't have positive and negative, it's just a one way charge and things like levers can create infinite power.  There is no resistance, power physically cannot travel more then 15 blocks without a repeater, and I am having trouble figuring out how it resembles electricity or anything that exists in the real world in any way.
I am a troll/alt.  Don't believe a word I say about computers being fake and Earth being flat.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2015, 08:31:18 AM »

Did I just read that right?  Do you seriously think that redstone and electricity work anything like each other?  Redstone doesn't have positive and negative, it's just a one way charge and things like levers can create infinite power.  There is no resistance, power physically cannot travel more then 15 blocks without a repeater, and I am having trouble figuring out how it resembles electricity or anything that exists in the real world in any way.
It resembles flowing water in a pipe more.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline FEexperimenter

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2015, 04:11:16 PM »
It resembles flowing water in a pipe more.

It certainly does resemble MINECRAFT water.
I am a troll/alt.  Don't believe a word I say about computers being fake and Earth being flat.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2015, 01:36:27 AM »
I'm curious - if CPUs are trapped souls, why do they keep getting faster and better at what they do with each new model? Also, how is a CPU different from a GPU?

Because life is moving faster every day, so the souls are faster.

And a GPU has an artist's soul in it.
You have to think like a CPU, if it running day after for years. Of course it will be faster at the end of all that running. It is no mistake that they continually get faster.
God is real.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2015, 02:08:16 AM »
I'm Commander Sheppard and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »
I'm Commander Sheppard and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel.

Now you just have to put that in every thread.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline FEexperimenter

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2015, 04:15:17 PM »
I'm curious - if CPUs are trapped souls, why do they keep getting faster and better at what they do with each new model? Also, how is a CPU different from a GPU?

Because life is moving faster every day, so the souls are faster.

And a GPU has an artist's soul in it.
You have to think like a CPU, if it running day after for years. Of course it will be faster at the end of all that running. It is no mistake that they continually get faster.

I'm glad that at least one person on this forum is open minded.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2015, 05:52:15 PM »
This explains why processors stop working if you let the magic smoke get out.

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2015, 06:00:33 PM »

lol noob.  all you have to do is pour water on it to cool it down and keep the magic smoke in.

just pour 1 cup of room temperature water on your processor each morning and you should be good.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »

lol noob.  all you have to do is pour water on it to cool it down and keep the magic smoke in.

just pour 1 cup of room temperature water on your processor each morning and you should be good.

I went ahead and used two cups and it works even faster than I expected. Thanks for the advice fam

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »

Powered circuit are negative charged, as how it works will be explained in this video

Now that on and off circuit can be used to build Boolean Logic (Logic gates) http://computer.howstuffworks.com/boolean.htm

I know that i linked a lot, but YOU provide no proof backing up your claim. The burden of proof should be on you not the skeptic just like the TFES wiki said http://wiki.tfes.org/Burden_of_Proof
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

Offline Misero

• Evidence, Evidence, Evidence, and more Evidence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2015, 07:28:51 PM »
I have personally built a CPU. Not very powerful, but the same thing.
Nobody should ever follow my standard.  I am the worst moderator ever.
Yes, I'll still keep that in mind on this forum too.