Offline Tausami

• Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: Constructing a constitution
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2014, 09:00:11 PM »
Given the sudden influx of activity on this board, I figure I'll try to continue this. We'll see what happens.

So far we have basic power structure and election/impeachment of the council. We also discussed amendments to this constitution. What should be next on the list? Here are some that I've thought of.

-Aims of the organization (advancing Flat Earth Theory. We could optionally add something about reunification here if we want)
-Membership (and the levels, or lack thereof, thereof)
-A more detailed description of the powers of each group

Can anyone think of anything else important?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2014, 10:13:56 PM »
This is my opinion on the above.

Aims

Flat Earth Society is a society of free thinkers dedicated to unraveling the mysteries of the universe and demonstrating that Round Earth Theory is little more than an elaborate hoax.

Member Roles

Admins - Admins are the forum and site administrators who are tasked with running the site.

Mods - Moderators are selected by the administrators and are tasked with managing discussions.

Zetetic Council - Elected members who cast votes on the overall direction of the society. Council members have access to the Zetetic Council forum and are designated with a special badge and title.

Official Members - Official Flat Earth Society Members are those who have signed up with the main site ledger and have received a certificate of membership. Members are granted access to the Zetetic Council forum and will have a special badge and title. Members will have a standing voice in Council matters, are invited to online Society meetings, and are generally looked at to help with projects and events

Pubbie - Default user group for members from the public who have signed up to the forum to join discussions in the debate or off-topic forums.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:32:43 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tausami

• Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2014, 10:56:43 PM »
Sounds good to me. I hesitate to call RET a 'hoax', though. Not all theories give equal weight to the Conspiracy. I'll make a separate thread where we can type up something more official.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:01:03 PM by Tausami »
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »
Sounds good to me. I hesitate to call RET a 'hoax', though. Not all theories give equal weight to the Conspiracy. I'll make a separate thread where we can type up something more official.

Hoax doesn't necessarily imply Conspiracy. It can also imply ignorance.

Homeopathy can be called a hoax theory, for example. It's an elaborate theory that water holds memory. If I stated that Homeopathy is a hoax, I am not implying that Homeopaths are deliberately conspiring to give false information. It could also be that it's a fake or made up theory and that its practitioners are ignorant. It's a hoax medicine because it is a made up fake theory and does not have proper supporting evidence.

Even so, in my experience the FET theories which downplays the Conspiracy still have NASA hoaxing something in regards to the world. For example, I regularly express the belief that NASA is largely ignorant of the shape of world, and is running a fake space agency created in the 60's to put man on the moon and establish America's militaristic dominance of space (ICBMs, etc). They don't actually have the technology to go into space. But, although they are not going into space, they still need to fake a lot of data about the earth to continue on with the ruse.  That means stuff like faking the moon landing and running high altitude pictures through a fisheye lens to make it appear that a craft is higher than it really is.

I don't believe it can be argued that everything NASA does can simply be reinterpreted under the Flat Earth model. It would need to be argued that they actually visited the moon, but were mistaken about the distance to the moon, its size, what they saw from it, and that the RE orbital mechanics necessary just happened to work, which I just don't see happening. Some level of deception must exist.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:58:22 PM by Tom Bishop »