Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: No Religion= Peace
« Last post by Roundy on Today at 08:36:12 PM »
Jura is damaged goods. I don't think she can be saved. :(

Jura is a dude, dude.

If Jura wants to be identified as male she should choose a gender-appropriate avatar. Otherwise I'll call her as I see her.
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Gravity...
« Last post by junker on Today at 07:36:40 PM »
Just curious, are you a flat farther or a round farther

Yes. I am not sure how that is relevant to the discussion, however.
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Two sticks equal shadow argument?
« Last post by yash.paz123 on Today at 07:33:24 PM »
Never assume the sun will be shining at a different spot since the earth ROTATES!!!
« Last post by yash.paz123 on Today at 07:30:26 PM »
Just curious, are you a flat farther or a round farther
« Last post by junker on Today at 07:28:15 PM »
If the earth were flat and was traveling upward at a constant velocity of 9.8 meters per second, then the acceleration due to gravity would be 9.8 meters per second squared.

In FET, it is accelerating at ~9.8m/s2. It is not moving at a constant velocity.
« Last post by yash.paz123 on Today at 07:27:05 PM »
If the earth were flat and was traveling upward at a constant velocity of 9.8 meters per second, then the acceleration due to gravity would be 9.8 meters per second squared.
« Last post by yash.paz123 on Today at 07:24:29 PM »
Everyone believes that gravity is a force. NO. That is wrong!!! A force only exists when there is a mass. Otherwise gravity is just acceleration...

BTW, I'm a round-earth person...
Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Density and the replacement of gravity.
« Last post by junker on Today at 07:20:40 PM »
We either know the mechanism for gravity or we do not. We currently do not know the mechanism for gravity. We do not know how it works.

Your response is of the logical fallacy we call circular reasoning.

You are using the internet right now on a computer (or a phone, which is an even better example), and yet you can't explain at all how it works.  Yet it does.  Are you trying to tell me the electronic device you are using is a scam?  It doesn't exist?  How am I, a person you have never physically observed before, and you, a person I have never physically observed before, able to have a conversation in which our responses are explained by cause and effect?

Not knowing how something works is not a valid argument that it doesn't exist.  As I said before, you can observe the affects yourself all you want.  You use the "look out the window and observe" "logic" repeatedly, yet you refuse to observe anything you feel questions your narrative to simply use the excuse that since you have not observed it, any mention of it is false.

And your response is of the logical fallacy we call false equivalence.

Whether or not he can explain what makes his electronic device function is irrelevant. It was built by people who obviously understand it, and can tell you exactly how it functions. This is simply not the case for gravity.  Do you understand the distinction? If you don't, then just ask for help and we can try to point you in the right direction. Unless you are suggesting the "graviton" has been discovered. If so, then please provide evidence and I will retract my claim.

You have an account that is a few days old. So far you assert that you are just stating facts. Yet, you have not made an argument nor provided any evidence for anything. You sure seem to like firing off claims, though, and generally acting condescending and unpleasant. Yes, we get it, you don't like Flat Earth anything. You have provided nothing original and aren't even capable of having a rational discussion. You are just like the hundred, if not thousands of users we have seen pass through over the years.
Flat Earth General / Re: Why does my flat earth friend push so hard?
« Last post by Tom Bishop on Today at 07:00:51 PM »
I am saying that the Round Earth Theory is something which must be proven by default, not assumed.
How can RET be proven to the satisfaction of FE'ers when the FE'ers keep rejecting all evidence that proves RET?

The evidence is justifiably rejected. In the case of the sinking ship Rowbotham studies the matter and concludes that in many situations the sinking ship effect can be restored with a telescope, proving that it is not really be going behind a "hill of water". The same is reported in Zetetic Cosmogony by Thomas Winship and other works.

You will need to respond to and address those studies rather than complain about your ancient proofs being rejected.
Flat Earth General / Re: Flat earthlings, explain this please.
« Last post by Tom Bishop on Today at 06:38:15 PM »
Now some models say that moon half dark and half lit is because of the reflection of the sun, but I'm telling you here that if this is true, then the half lit and half dark should always be level because the moon and sun in your model is at the same height, so half moon or even less than half moon being lit, should always be straight from our viewing, until you tell me that the sun changes it's elevation which cause the reflection to be angular sometimes, which is insane in a flat earth model.

Why is it insane for the moon or the sun to change elevation?

have you just now thought of this solution to make it work? well let me tell you why it is insane, because for that type of reflection on the moon to work, in this severe angle pointing down as seen in the picture or even in my country which was even more severe than shown here, then adding the fact that you guys think the moon is only 3000 miles away, the sun MUST either be hitting the earth to make this type of reflection on that angle of the moon, or maybe very very close to the earth, so it doesn't work my brother, please wake up sooner than later, it's ridiculous even to entertain the idea.

If you look up the Moon's analemma you will find that the moon does seem to get higher and lower in the sky over its monthly lunar cycle.