Offline Dardan

• View Profile
International Space Station Disproves Flat Earth Theory?
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:20:49 PM »
I am very interested in flat earth theory and it has a lot of evidence, however, how is the international space station explained?

1) Images of the earth, still and video, it takes?
2) How do flat earther's explain the rockets that clearly blast off upwards from time to time to send astronauts? Where do they go?
3) How do flat earthers explain the videos on youtube of inside the international space station like the 'canadian space agency' channel, showing the mic, the people, food and water weightless, floating around? There are windows in these videos that reveal outside.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:17:40 PM by Dardan »

Thork

Re: International Space Station Disproves Flat Earth Theory?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:28:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure we could give you a ton of videos back showing how stupid the whole ISS filming is.

Offline Dardan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 07:43:11 PM »
Im afraid your response was too late. I now believe that the earth is round and I have seen many muslim scholars do also.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:50:45 PM by Dardan »

Thork

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:37:21 PM »
I apologise that I am not waiting on these forums 24/7 to answer any question that might arise. I like to do other things as well ... like eat dinner.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:21:29 PM »
It is amusing that the US doesn't even bother faking ISS launches anymore and tells everyone the Russians are doing it for them. "Hey Russia, we just put a ton of sanctions on you, but could you send our people and supplies up to this space station? Thanks"

I find it all a bit curious.

Hello there! I'm New to the forum, so maybe you can help a bit by posting my reply to others who may even at this time be debating the FLAT EARTH theory.  The latest rocket-launch, which was just yesterday April 14th, 2015, and which URL is:

TOTALLY reveals the truth...that the earth is indeed FLAT!!! Just watch this video my friend, and you will see at the 20:18:56 or so on the rocket-timer during the flight itself, not the video timer, but the timer from the rocket flight and command post, you can CLEARLY see, and even verify for yourself, how the earth is really FLAT, by just placing a ruler, or a straight, flat stick against the TV. There is absolutely no curvature whatsoever, the horizon is as flat as the flat ruler. You can even see it with one eye if you just put your face close to the TV so you can eye the earth's horizon. It IS unquestionable FLAT.. Only at first they manipulate the shot with their most beloved fish-eye lens to make it seem like the earth is round...HA!
At that particular time, (20:18:56) or just a few seconds after that, they start switching back to command center where we ALL can see how the phonies who work there aren't doing a damned thing, but just sitting there not knowing what the hell to do because they all know it's a bunch of bullshit. After a few seconds of the command center, they switch back to the flight video, but again, only for a few seconds, cause then again they switch back to the command center shot, with that, right away I knew for sure why they did that, and it is because many Flat Earthers and others, will see that the earth is indeed very FLAT
Check it out my fiend and see what you think. Please post this info at other forums if you don't mind. Even though there might already be someone in this site who has already noticed and posted something similar, but as I said, I'm fairly new at this and just want to get more familiarized with the posting options, rules and terms before I can post some more stuff. You think you can do that? I would really appreciate it very much. Thanks so much and Best regards.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:07:28 AM by pizaaplanet »

Hello there! I'm New to the forum, so maybe you can help a bit by posting my reply to others who may even at this time be debating the FLAT EARTH theory.  The latest rocket-launch, which was just yesterday April 14th, 2015, and which URL is:

TOTALLY reveals the truth...that the earth is indeed FLAT!!! Just watch this video my friend, and you will see at the 20:18:56 or so on the rocket-timer during the flight itself, not the video timer, but the timer from the rocket flight and command post, you can CLEARLY see, and even verify for yourself, how the earth is really FLAT, by just placing a ruler, or a straight, flat stick against the TV. There is absolutely no curvature whatsoever, the horizon is as flat as the flat ruler. You can even see it with one eye if you just put your face close to the TV so you can eye the earth's horizon. It IS unquestionable FLAT.. Only at first they manipulate the shot with their most beloved fish-eye lens to make it seem like the earth is round...HA!
At that particular time, (20:18:56) or just a few seconds after that, they start switching back to command center where we ALL can see how the phonies who work there aren't doing a damned thing, but just sitting there not knowing what the hell to do because they all know it's a bunch of bullshit. After a few seconds of the command center, they switch back to the flight video, but again, only for a few seconds, cause then again they switch back to the command center shot, with that, right away I knew for sure why they did that, and it is because many Flat Earthers and others, will see that the earth is indeed very FLAT
Check it out my fiend and see what you think. Please post this info at other forums if you don't mind. Even though there might already be someone in this site who has already noticed and posted something similar, but as I said, I'm fairly new at this and just want to get more familiarized with the posting options, rules and terms before I can post some more stuff. You think you can do that? I would really appreciate it very much. Thanks so much and Best regards.
What actually is it that you believe the horizon is? RET would say that it is the boundary between the earth and space, and yet FET seems to have only an infinite ice  wall, and no boundary with space. What is the horizon then, in your system of beliefs?

Offline Misero

• Evidence, Evidence, Evidence, and more Evidence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 02:48:59 AM »
The general idea is that air gives the illusion of limited vision due to curvature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nobody should ever follow my standard.  I am the worst moderator ever.
Yes, I'll still keep that in mind on this forum too.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 08:50:42 AM »
The general idea is that air gives the illusion of limited vision due to curvature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As in, the clear boundary in the video of a line which has the earth on one side, and the blackness of space on the other, is somehow an illusion?

Offline Misero

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 03:24:19 PM »
I'm not a FE'r, the ISS photos are fake, according to them. But the horizon is an illusion, from refraction.

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 04:21:22 PM »
I'm not a FE'r, the ISS photos are fake, according to them. But the horizon is an illusion, from refraction.
How could refraction let you see a clear boundary, with blackness on the other side? That's just not how it works...

Offline Misero

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »
Expect a strawman from FE'rs when this question is asked.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
How could refraction let you see a clear boundary, with blackness on the other side? That's just not how it works...

That's exactly how it works.

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2015, 06:01:12 AM »

That's exactly how it works.
Let us, for a moment, compare the round earth and flat earth view of what is happening: RET) you can see stars behind the earth because there are stars behind the earth.
FET) you can see stars behind the earth because light somehow refracts 360 degrees around so the viewer, in a spaceship, can see them (this is, incidentally, impossible)
please provide a) further explanation, and b) proof of your theory (as the burden of proof, due to the improbability of your theory, is on you)
Thanks.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2015, 09:41:27 AM »
RET) you can see stars behind the earth because there are stars behind the earth.
And yet, hilariously enough, no "photographs" of the round Earth show any stars behind it. What a convenient coincidence.

FET) you can see stars behind the earth because light somehow refracts 360 degrees around so the viewer, in a spaceship, can see them (this is, incidentally, impossible)
Sorry, what the heck are you talking about?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »
The exposure settings needed to give clarity to the earth in the pictures would not pick up the fainter stars, to pick them up you would have a completely white'd out earth, basic camera knowledge surely?
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 05:12:07 PM »
The exposure settings needed to give clarity to the earth in the pictures would not pick up the fainter stars, to pick them up you would have a completely white'd out earth, basic camera knowledge surely?
I'm well aware of that. Now that we've established the necessary absence of the most obvious (photographic) evidence, how exactly is Mostlyharmless proposing that "you can see stars behind the earth because there are stars behind the earth."

Has Mostlyharmless personally seen the stars behind the Earth, or did he see a photograph that (due to basic camera characteristics, as you helpfully pointed out!) couldn't possibly exist without CGI? In what capacity, exactly, can "you" see the stars behind the Earth?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 05:27:54 PM by pizaaplanet »

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2015, 06:52:22 AM »
I'm well aware of that. Now that we've established the necessary absence of the most obvious (photographic) evidence, how exactly is Mostlyharmless proposing that "you can see stars behind the earth because there are stars behind the earth."

Has Mostlyharmless personally seen the stars behind the Earth, or did he see a photograph that (due to basic camera characteristics, as you helpfully pointed out!) couldn't possibly exist without CGI? In what capacity, exactly, can "you" see the stars behind the Earth?

If I, in fact, posted a picture of the earth that had stars behind it, would you claim it was shopped?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2015, 07:11:46 AM »
If I, in fact, posted a picture of the earth that had stars behind it, would you claim it was shopped?
Given that it should be technically impossible to take such a picture (as Jura reminded us after my prompt), I would first ask for clarification on how the image was produced. If you could offer such an explanation, I'd have to evaluate it.

Assuming you have no explanation, CGI would be the most likely scenario.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 05:10:12 PM »
Given that it should be technically impossible to take such a picture (as Jura reminded us after my prompt), I would first ask for clarification on how the image was produced. If you could offer such an explanation, I'd have to evaluate it.

Assuming you have no explanation, CGI would be the most likely scenario.
Okay, if I found a video, made by amateur near space balloonists, that showed the earth, and then a white contrast change that made the earth look white and let you see the stars, what would you say?