religion
« on: June 07, 2015, 07:44:22 PM »
Does the reason that you believe the earth is flat have to do with religion?

Thork

Re: religion
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 08:06:53 PM »
No. It is based on the probabilities of evidence.

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 09:02:42 PM »

For some, it may be religiously motivated, or it was religion that made them peer past our taught bias.
Personally speaking, however, the scientific method made me arrive at the conclusion. It simply makes less assumptions.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:45:11 PM »
It depends on the person to whom you speak. The majority of persons in this site, FE and RE, seem to be atheist. Rowbotham, the father of mdern FET, quoted Scripture at length. Voliva was head of a church. So, religion isn't necessary to hold FE ideas, but it can inspire that in certain persons.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 01:24:19 PM »

For me, it's not based on religion at all.

Offline naildownx

• Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
    • A Silent Noise
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 03:42:37 AM »
It is all about a "relationship" for me with God. Not a religion.

I would hope that those who have "religion" would some day get to experience what I am referring to.

But to answer your question, it was that relationship and through studying the Holy Bible that gave me an inspiration to look beyond what man has taught me through science alone and look to the Creator for my relevance in this world. In doing so, I am learning that the more I dig into science, the more I discover a Creator. This is why the flat earth theory is a winning solution for me because it validates many inner thoughts and patterns I have witnessed over the years of my life and from the testimony of others I love and care about.

Take care!  8)
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.