Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
Re: Zetetic Council Election Thread.
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2013, 03:58:25 AM »
If all the winners do not accept their nomination in time, I will accept my position as runner up and default winner first. Also who voted for me? :D I didn't even vote.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 04:03:15 AM »
Secret User  1
Gee, I wonder who that was.  ::)

I'll vote for Secret User, then.

:-\

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 04:06:02 AM »
How could you not vote for your girlfriend?  What a douche.
Secret User  1

Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 04:13:31 AM »
How could you not vote for your girlfriend?  What a douche.
Secret User  1

But I did.  Squevil is worse than the state of Florida at the whole voting thing...

Tom Bishop
Secret User
Thork

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 04:19:02 AM »
Or Blanko was just being a dick.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 04:24:04 AM »
Or Blanko was just being a dick.

I think it was just missed because it was posted, and not PM'd.  Wouldn't have changed anything.

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 04:33:23 AM »
I wasnt missed. I only counted pms. Those who cant read the rules dont deserve a vote ;)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2013, 05:18:00 AM »
Those who cant read the rules dont deserve a vote ;)
What rules? We still have no idea what people voted for. Also, voting via PM means we have no actual record of the votes, so you could have made it up for all we know.

I don't want to get involved in this, and if you tell me to shoo off, I will, but here's an idea:

Stop being retarded. Use a POLL for voting so we can all see the counts without having to rely on you. Set the election up AFTER we agreed what positions we're even voting for, and what they will do. As it stands right now, the council means absolutely nothing because it has absolutely no power, nor duties.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2013, 05:29:06 AM »
Stop being retarded. Use a POLL for voting so we can all see the counts without having to rely on you.
He volunteered.  Do you not trust him?  The votes seem representative of what most rational people would've expected.

Set the election up AFTER we agreed what positions we're even voting for, and what they will do.
Who is the "we" that will agree on these things?

As it stands right now, the council means absolutely nothing because it has absolutely no power, nor duties.
Really, the council has no power anyway.  This is a temporary group of people to figure out all these things.  If they don't, it fails.  Maybe I am wrong, but it all works for me.

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2013, 05:33:38 AM »
I asked Parsifal to verify the votes by reading my pms but he said he didnt want to invade my privacy. You do have a clear record if you wish to view it and you have my permission to do so. The were rules for voting posted in this thread in the OP. I did this as a 3rd party with no interest in the results. I did not even vote myself. I thought this way would be better than a poll.
We should simply scrap the whole thing if there is too much disagreement.
I will leave the rest to those who want to push this further. People voted and it was fair and honest. It is quite clear what the next step is as it has been said quite a few times already.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2013, 05:35:45 AM »
We should simply scrap the whole thing if there is too much disagreement.

Stop being so submissive  >o<

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2013, 05:39:32 AM »
Im just easy going, like you stated I just volunteered to handle to votes and get things moving.

It seems there is a split here; those who are fully on the ball like yourself and those who are quite confused and the same questions are being asked. 'We' could go on indefinitely back and forth.
Id like to see the council that the people voted for, now show some ideas and an agenda and try to show those who seem confused what the point is.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2013, 06:20:48 AM »
There was a thread on what the Zetetic Council is:

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=850.0

Ok, so to set up a Zetetic Council, we don't really need a lot from the administrators. Literally just a forum we can post into. We'd also need an agreement from the administrators that any vote from the council that is passed is binding and that they will endevour to do whatever they can to make it possible whether they agree with it or not. The Zetetic Council should have absolute power. Not Parsifal and PizzaPlanet. That's kind of weird and frankly could be destabalising.

Rules - cos we all like rules.

Ideas will be put into the new forum and discussed by those in the council.
Votes will be publically cast for transparency.
A resolution needs 50% or more the votes in order to be passed.
Nothing can be voted on twice in the same month. Saves repeated lobbying.
Any member of the council that isn't voting regulalry can be dropped from the council as this will prevent making 50%. This is no big deal, they can always be added again if they start posting again.
It isn't to become a clique like the old beliebers club was. If you stop posting, you are off the council until you return. We don't want it just the same 10 people from now until forever. That is irritating.
The forum for discussion should be public, but only accessible to the members of the council.
Being a flat earther is not a pre-requisite. Just a hardcore member of the forum with the society's best interests at heart. 

Ok, what do people think?

I'd expect the council to be voting mostly on matters of FET and how to promote it. Whther to appoint presidents, have memberships, what goes into a goodie bag, should we contact such and such a media outlet, who should respond to whatever event, - that kind of thing.
I wouldn't expect too many votes for technical stuff, because frankly our technical team know better than we do. But the council's vote has to be binding, otherwise there is no point in the council.

Is this something people are interested in?
Do the administrators agree to this?

Other suggestions welcome.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2013, 06:33:51 AM »
He volunteered.  Do you not trust him?  The votes seem representative of what most rational people would've expected.
Well, I also voted for Secret User, so it sounds like she's at least at 3 by my count, but...

It shouldn't matter whether or not I trust him. There's a way of doing this without anyone having to rely on anyone at all. There already is controversy about some people supposedly voting by posting instead of PMing and thus being ignored. Why not have a system that simply works, free of manual counting and the vote-counter making personal calls?

Who is the "we" that will agree on these things?
That is one of the things that has yet to be agreed upon.

Really, the council has no power anyway.  This is a temporary group of people to figure out all these things.  If they don't, it fails.  Maybe I am wrong, but it all works for me.
Fair enough. Like I said, I do want to stay out of this. It just irks me when I see people taking a dump on democracy like this.

There was a thread on what the Zetetic Council is:

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=850.0
Yes. I think it's sensible to say that this thread should reach a conclusion before we vote, wouldn't you agree? Alternatively, if you feel everything that should be concluded has already been agreed upon, we should probably action these agreements. One of the important points in this thread was that the Constitution must come before the elections. That did not happen. We agreed on going with preferential voting. That also didn't happen. This election has been ran prematurely and not in accordance to what we've managed to establish in the thread you quoted.

Id like to see the council that the people voted for, now show some ideas and an agenda and try to show those who seem confused what the point is.
You're the one that's confused here. You ignored what everyone agreed upon and now you're acting like your decision has any legitimacy. Read through the damned thread and do things according to procedures we've come to accept.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 06:38:07 AM by pizaaplanet »

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2013, 06:36:56 AM »
ITT: The council is DOA

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 07:49:46 AM »
Democracy is bunk anyway. I am a communist and if I had my way there wouldn't even be an election.  I will double check my pms again later anyway.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2013, 12:22:03 PM »
Seriously? That's all the council does? I came up with the video idea and no one voted for me. Cunts.

Thork

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2013, 12:26:32 PM »
I accept the position. I suspect most people will be busy over the Xmas period and I will certainly be looking to get more involved in the new year.

For now though if the admins would be so good as to set up a Zetetic Council sub-forum and give access to the 5 appointees, that would be marvellous.  :D

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2013, 12:43:26 PM »
For now though if the admins would be so good as to set up a Zetetic Council sub-forum and give access to the 5 appointees, that would be marvellous.  :D
Not until the election is no longer contested. We will likely have to re-host it with proper democratic measures in place.

Thork

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
Not until the election is no longer contested. We will likely have to re-host it with proper democratic measures in place.
wat? Why? The people have spoken.