Offline Rory

• View Profile
Google Earth
« on: June 22, 2017, 02:46:16 AM »
This is my first post, so greetings everyone!

I think the earth is round, and I have a strong background in conventional physics/engineering, but of course I'm open to the idea that it is all wrong, if you have a compelling alternative.

As for google earth - I think the existence of google earth (any atlas/highly detailed map of the globe really), along with so many people able to verify its accuracy at their home, is the strongest evidence for a round earth. I will assume that the earth is flat, or any other non spherical shape (so technically this reasoning doesn't disprove a hollow earth), and that google is in on the conspiracy and has practically infinite capabilities. They would have to build a false spherical model of the earth that is locally accurate everywhere that there are people who can search up their own address. They would find that it is impossible to stretch a flat surface around a round one without creating discontinuities like stretching and incorrect scaling in different places. There would end up being ripples or folds that have to be cut out of the model or moved around, and detail everywhere would have to be made up. Even placing a single small continent on the globe would be challenging because the perimeter would be too big to fit on a sphere without stretching it around.

This stretching problem I think is the same reason that there are no good detailed maps of the flat earth. It is impossible to create because every continent has a spherical surface, and would result in stretching if you tried to put it on a flat map. The existence of a map of the flat earth with road or maybe even town border level of detail would be proof of a flat earth, if the earth were flat. If you were to set off and start building a digital 3d map of the world, you would eventually find things not quite lining up, for example distances between landmarks far away from the center of your map would appear farther apart from each other.

I would like to know if anyone has a FET explination to how google has accomplished this global model if it is fake yet still lines up everywhere locally.

Re: Google Earth
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 08:07:32 PM »

I think the earth is round, and I have a strong background in conventional physics/engineering, but of course I'm open to the idea that it is all wrong, if you have a compelling alternative.

As for google earth - I think the existence of google earth (any atlas/highly detailed map of the globe really), along with so many people able to verify its accuracy at their home, is the strongest evidence for a round earth. I will assume that the earth is flat, or any other non spherical shape (so technically this reasoning doesn't disprove a hollow earth), and that google is in on the conspiracy and has practically infinite capabilities. They would have to build a false spherical model of the earth that is locally accurate everywhere that there are people who can search up their own address. They would find that it is impossible to stretch a flat surface around a round one without creating discontinuities like stretching and incorrect scaling in different places. There would end up being ripples or folds that have to be cut out of the model or moved around, and detail everywhere would have to be made up. Even placing a single small continent on the globe would be challenging because the perimeter would be too big to fit on a sphere without stretching it around.

This stretching problem I think is the same reason that there are no good detailed maps of the flat earth. It is impossible to create because every continent has a spherical surface, and would result in stretching if you tried to put it on a flat map. The existence of a map of the flat earth with road or maybe even town border level of detail would be proof of a flat earth, if the earth were flat. If you were to set off and start building a digital 3d map of the world, you would eventually find things not quite lining up, for example distances between landmarks far away from the center of your map would appear farther apart from each other.

I would like to know if anyone has a FET explination to how google has accomplished this global model if it is fake yet still lines up everywhere locally.

^^ what this guy said. 👏👏👏

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 02:18:36 PM »

This is the best proof.  Distances that are measured on the globe and flight times between points in the southern hemisphere show beyond a doubt that the earth is a globe and not flat.

As I write this Flight Aware shows 4 flights inbound to South America from New Zealand and Austrailia.  All are on an East or NE heading as they would flying a great circle route.

Flight Aware uses publicly available data that I use when I am flying and also when I am meeting someone at an airport.  This is real data that I have used many times.

Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 02:26:14 PM »
^^ what this guy said. 👏👏👏

Please refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. If you need more information then please see the rules. Warned.