Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: No Religion= Peace
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2017, 07:42:17 PM »

Oh hey, I'm wrong.

Jihad is actually Arabic for struggle, fight, battle.
http://www.freearabicdictionary.com/dictionary/search
Book: Arabic Dictionary.

Arabic for struggle ... and so what religion is exercising this term "Jihad" at this present time ?
Technically none of them and all of them.

A religion is an idea and can't do anything itself.  The people who keep the idea alive, however, are struggling, battling, and fighting.  You're a man of faith, yes?  Would you say you're struggling in some way?  Like... struggling to get us to realize your point of view?

If yes, then you too are having Jihad.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2017, 04:09:16 PM »
Technically none of them and all of them .. A religion is an idea and can't do anything itself. 
The people who keep the idea alive, however, are struggling, battling, and fighting.  You're a man of faith, yes? 
Would you say you're struggling in some way?  Like... struggling to get us to realize your point of view? .. If yes, then you too are having Jihad.

So if the Muslims are experiencing "Jihad" Internally (personal inward struggle) .... why are they murdering people all over the planet ?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:19:36 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 28, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »
Technically none of them and all of them .. A religion is an idea and can't do anything itself. 
The people who keep the idea alive, however, are struggling, battling, and fighting.  You're a man of faith, yes? 
Would you say you're struggling in some way?  Like... struggling to get us to realize your point of view? .. If yes, then you too are having Jihad.

So if the Muslims are experiencing "Jihad" Internally (personal inward struggle) .... why are they murdering people all over the planet ?

Clearly you need to watch more news.
Humans kill other humans all the time.  Religion has nothing to do with it.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #143 on: July 28, 2017, 05:35:51 PM »
Clearly you need to watch more news. Humans kill other humans all the time. 
Religion has nothing to do with it.

Clearly you need to educate yourself concerning the issue of Jihad as it pertains to the Muslim religion
the Satanic Inspired Religion has everything to do with it

==========================================
2017.07.28   Nigeria   Meme   1   0   Four suicide bombers manage to kill one other person.
2017.07.28   Iraq   Baghdadi   6   0   A suicide bomber exterminates two parents and their four children.
2017.07.28   Germany   Hamburg   1   4   A man yelling praises to Allah rushes into a supermarket and stabs five people, one of whom dies.
2017.07.27   Burkina Faso   Takeo   3   0   Three family members are gunned down by Jihadists.
2017.07.27   Iraq   Amiriyat al-Somoud   1   1   One other person is killed by a Shahid suicide bomber.
2017.07.27   Iraq   Binikani   2   3   Two women are obliterated by Islamic State shrapnel.
2017.07.26   Iraq   Kakai Kurds   4   4   Two woman are among four family members murdered in cold blood by the Islamic State.
2017.07.26   Iraq   Sinjar   1   0   A Yazidi is killed by an ISIS bomb planted in his home.
2017.07.26   Pakistan   Shabqadar   1   0   A religious scholar is shot dead by Islamic rivals outside a mosque.
2017.07.26   India   Yaripora   1   0   An off-duty cop is gunned down by Muslim terrorists.
2017.07.26   Cameroon   Sagme   2   3   A Boko Haram attack on a town leaves two dead.
2017.07.25   Mali   Doro   2   0   A Jihadi bomb blast claims two lives.
2017.07.25   Iraq   Tal Afar   10   0   Ten people are burned alive for attempting to flee the caliphate.
2017.07.25   Iraq   Mosul   37   0   Thirty-seven bodies, mostly women and children, are found executed by ISIS.
2017.07.25   Afghanistan   Karzali   26   13   Armed fundamentalists overrun a local military base, killing at least two dozen Afghans.
2017.07.25   Iraq   Mosul   4   0   Islamic State members attack a market, killing four guards.
2017.07.25   Mali   Menaka   4   0   A child and three others, some elderly, are slaughtered by Jihadists.
2017.07.25   Nigeria   Barno Yasu   48   10   Islamists ambush an oil exploration team, killing nearly fifty guards, drivers and civilians.

............................. etc etc etc
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:41:24 PM by Boodidlie »
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2017, 06:06:34 PM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_the_United_States

I fail to see your point.  Humans kill each other.  Claiming the set dressing is the source of the desire to kill is pointless as there are millions of examples of violence not linked to any religion.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #145 on: July 28, 2017, 06:27:41 PM »
No Religion= Peace

Can someone here explain to me what the term "Jihad" means ? and what "holy book" this term is attributed to ?
Its the same thing as a holy crusade: someome decides to go to war against another group and uses religion to convince people to fight in the war.

well .... we see how the term "Jihad" gets applied to Islam < Obvious ....
what would be the equivalent term that gets applied to Christianity producing the same affect ? as in "holy crusade" .... is holy crusade mentioned in the Christian New Testament ?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:45:19 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #146 on: July 28, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »
there are millions of examples of violence not linked to any religion

I agree .... so then how does "no Religion"= Peace ?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 28, 2017, 07:56:16 PM »

It does not. Nor have I ever stated it does.

You are the one stating that peace (or more peaceful) would be achived with the elimination on one religion.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »

It does not. Nor have I ever stated it does.

You are the one stating that peace (or more peaceful) would be achived with the elimination on one religion.

No ..... I'm just talking to the thread topic ...... "No Religion= Peace"
ALL are "Religious" even the "no-Religion" are religious .... and a World running from God will never know peace
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 09:28:59 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2017, 01:20:06 PM »
So tell me Atheists (No Religion) / Flat Earth and like minded Folks ..... what is the Religion that North Korea is threatening war in the name of ?
=================================================

* America and Japan Vow to take ‘all necessary measures’ to protect allies from North Korea
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:07:52 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2017, 03:27:29 PM »
Why are you trying to get most people on this forum to debate with you when most of us agree with you that no-religion does not equal peace?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2017, 03:32:57 PM »

I just think he hasn’t read what we put, we’re all sinners an he’s gonna preach.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »
I just think he hasn’t read what we put, we’re all sinners an he’s gonna preach.

Really ?? .... where did you get that from ?

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2017, 03:57:00 PM »
Why are you trying to get most people on this forum to debate with you when most of us agree with you that no-religion does not equal peace?

Pfft !! ... well then let those who disagree w/ me come debate .. ie: the instigator of this thread (Nightlover261) ..... GOSH !! :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:59:10 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »

Pfft !! ... well then let those who disagree w/ me come debate .. ie: the instigator of this thread (Nightlover261) ..... GOSH !! :)

Who hasn't posted since his first three on his first day over a month ago.

So...probably not coming back.

Rama Set

« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2017, 11:45:59 PM »
Who said North Korea was doing anything in the name of a religion? Just you?

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #156 on: August 01, 2017, 02:21:46 AM »
Who said North Korea was doing anything in the name of a religion? Just you?

oh, that would be atheism (No Religion) Threatening the world with death and destruction .... checkmate

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:15:29 AM by Boodidlie »

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2017, 07:22:43 AM »
You do realise that not only were you playing against yourself, but you barely understand the rules of the game. (queue’ smug self-delusional post with allied link to hideous person quoting crap from dead Jewish people)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 07:44:32 AM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2017, 08:39:11 PM »
Now HERE Ladies and gentlemen is a "Religion" (ideology/mindset) that does NOT = Peace

.. The Truth About Islam
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:35:01 PM by Boodidlie »

Rama Set

« Reply #159 on: August 02, 2017, 07:11:20 PM »
Pushing your post back to the top of the forum doesn't make it more worthy of responding to.