Best and most concrete proof.
« on: June 15, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »
Why don't we raise money to  send some of our respected people on a filmed trip to the ice wall or edge of the world to prove the earth is flat? If you can't get to china from california by traveling west, wouldn't a filmed trip help prove the point?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Best and most concrete proof.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »
If you can't get to china from california by traveling west
???

Why don't we raise money
Sure thing, go right ahead.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 09:45:46 PM »
Why don't we raise money to  send some of our respected people on a filmed trip to the ice wall.

Many so called respected people know exactly whats going on.
Take Mythbusters for example, you cannot trust them to be objective.
(But I still really like those guys, one of my favorite shows)

I think Billboards are a good idea, "Research Flat Earth" there is enough material online.
People can do their own research, at least for the moment they can.
Truth will either win or be suppressed, and its not being suppressed right now.

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 11:00:16 PM »
Why don't we raise money to  send some of our respected people on a filmed trip to the ice wall.

Many so called respected people know exactly whats going on.
Take Mythbusters for example, you cannot trust them to be objective.
(But I still really like those guys, one of my favorite shows)

I think Billboards are a good idea, "Research Flat Earth" there is enough material online.
People can do their own research, at least for the moment they can.
Truth will either win or be suppressed, and its not being suppressed right now.

In all sincerity, an accurate flat earth map would be the proof you need to spread the word.

Mythbusters:  I saw Adam Savage and Michael Stevens  Brain Candy Tour a couple of months ago and it was great.   Their respective  Youtube channels are great of you are a geek.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 12:25:11 AM »
Their respective  Youtube channels are great of you are a geek.

I love watching their youtube channels,
Adams walking spider and Jamie's flying chain saw (that didn't quite work out)
Love it when they test new things like the remote drones, just excellent. +++

Apologies for derailing the thread somewhat   ::)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:27:22 AM by Dither »
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 12:47:54 AM »
People won't believe just a map. That's why I want somebody to travel to the edge and filming it. If they can see a physical edge, then they'll believe. If enough people get a kickstarter together, then people will wake up.

Offline Dither

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 06:36:09 AM »
People won't believe just a map. That's why I want somebody to travel to the edge and filming it. If they can see a physical edge, then they'll believe. If enough people get a kickstarter together, then people will wake up.

You better take a small army with you and be prepared for a fight to the death.
Don't forget the UN's so called Antartica Treaty is there to stop anyone and everyone.
Other solo explorers have died there recently, Just be careful what you wish for.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »

People would believe a map that covered the issues with the maps all over the internet.  If you can come up with a map that explains flight times in the southern hemisphere that would go a long way.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Oami

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 08:08:22 AM »

I have seen the edge. There was a bunch of pirates going over it with their pirate ship. And then they found an another pirate who looked like Johnny Depp.

And, sorry to say, I didn't believe it. But that doesn't change the fact that the film exists and I saw it. And I'm pretty much sure that if I see the edge again, filmed by someone else, I'm not going to believe that either.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 06:48:52 AM by Oami »

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 01:26:29 AM »

The reason why nobody will do it is because the edge does not exist.

You better take a small army with you and be prepared for a fight to the death.
Don't forget the UN's so called Antartica Treaty is there to stop anyone and everyone.
Other solo explorers have died there recently, Just be careful what you wish for.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support the idea that there is some kind of military force protecting the supposed massive border preventing people from seeing this non-existent edge.  Do you know how many people it would take to be effective at keeping people out over a distance this large?

Also, you are more than welcome to visit both poles.  Look it up.  With all of the followers of FET, you should have no problems raising enough money to fund this trip.

I have seen the edge. There was a bunch of pirates going over it with their pirate ship. And then they found an another pirate who looked like a Johnny Depp.

And, sorry to say, I didn't believe it. But that doesn't change the fact that the film exists and I saw it. And I'm pretty much sure that if I see the edge again, filmed by someone else, I'm not going to believe that either.

The fact that there isn't even an attempt to falsify a picture of this edge should be an indication that it doesn't exist.