Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Shots Fired at republicans!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:01:33 PM »
This poor man probably just wanted to mess up the Republican baseball team so that the Democrats could finally win something.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:11:38 PM »
More violence from the right I see.  :-\

But hey they were GOP so they deserved it. Their hate speech and refusal to outright ban AR-15's brought this upon themselves.

So ironic that the left, as the Champions for Women's rights, always finds a way to blame the victim.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:14:13 PM by TheTruthIsOnHere »

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »

But hey they were GOP so they deserved it. Their hate speech and refusal to outright ban AR-15's brought this upon themselves.

So ironic that the left, as the Champions for Women's rights, always finds a way to blame the victim.

who is blaming the gop for getting shot at?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 03:49:52 PM »
CNN: "Was this a deliberate attack?"

"Well it sure as hell wasn't an accident"

-Mo Brooks (R) Alabama, who was there when it happened, currently on the phone with CNN.

ayy lmao

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 03:59:52 PM »
We don't know much of anything yet.

It was a 66 year old white guy.  He apparently was heavy into anti republican groups online.  And that's about it.

It's probably too much to ask but I hope they don't exploit this for political reasons. 

ie

"Well maybe they'll take gun control seriously now"

or

"See! Republicans are being persecuted!  Liberals are evil!"

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 04:03:16 PM »

All the people who invariably are going to call for stricter gun laws as a result of this.

The media has been insinuating that conservatism is racist, sexist, and a threat to society. They paint our President as Hitler and a Russian spy. They say that pulling out of the Paris agreement will make seas rise and pestilence spread. They are basically (not so) subtly inciting violence, that the right maniac will think is righteous and believe to be justified.

Yet again, it becomes increasingly clear that most of the violence, hatred, and intolerance is coming from the supposed peaceful tolerant left.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 05:13:48 PM »

All the people who invariably are going to call for stricter gun laws as a result of this.

The media has been insinuating that conservatism is racist, sexist, and a threat to society. They paint our President as Hitler and a Russian spy. They say that pulling out of the Paris agreement will make seas rise and pestilence spread. They are basically (not so) subtly inciting violence, that the right maniac will think is righteous and believe to be justified.

Yet again, it becomes increasingly clear that most of the violence, hatred, and intolerance is coming from the supposed peaceful tolerant left.
From the gun hating left?

Also, wasn't it trump who said we should punch people?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 05:53:32 PM »
yeah this is definitely the nyt's fault.

btw the belief that gun control is good because it would prevent gun violence is actually perfectly consistent with the belief that shooting people is bad.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 06:22:26 PM »
yeah this is definitely the nyt's fault.

btw the belief that gun control is good because it would prevent gun violence is actually perfectly consistent with the belief that shooting people is bad.

The issue isn't about whether shooting people is bad, it's about whether law abiding citizens should have a right to defend themselves (they do).

If you don't see how, through decades of demonizing and dehumanizing conservatives, the liberal media could be possibly encouraging this kind of thing then I don't know what else good you think would come from trying to convince roughly 50% of this country that other 50% are racist nazis hell bent on world destruction.

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 06:59:33 PM »
i believe gun control is good.  i believe murdering republicans is bad.  those two things aren't in conflict.  they're actually mutually supporting.  reasonable people can disagree about what forms of self defense should be legal, and agree that murdering republicans is always morally evil.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 07:23:44 PM »
i believe gun control is good.  i believe murdering republicans is bad.  those two things aren't in conflict.  they're actually mutually supporting.  reasonable people can disagree about what forms of self defense should be legal, and agree that murdering republicans is always morally evil.

No one is debating whether or not those two things are mutually exclusive, but you.

The questions is: Is it morally right to, through the media, basically incite violence against opposing idealogies.

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 07:36:41 PM »
No one is debating whether or not those two things are mutually exclusive, but you.

The questions is: Is it morally right to, through the media, basically incite violence against opposing idealogies.

i don't think it's ever morally right to incite violence.

advocating gun control and/or criticizing gop public policy is not inciting violence.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 07:51:27 PM »
Both sides of the political aisle are guilty of using hyperbole to denigrate their opponents or exaggerate the consequences of their policies, and have been for many years. To try and pin it all on one side is insane.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 08:27:43 PM »
Both sides of the political aisle are guilty of using hyperbole to denigrate their opponents or exaggerate the consequences of their policies, and have been for many years. To try and pin it all on one side is insane.

Sanders to faithful: Take down Trump, take over Democratic Party

I'm not pinning it on one side. I'm just stating the obvious that the mainstream media has had a role in inciting this violence more today than in any time in the past. You have the media and the losers from the democrat party openly, literally, calling for Resistance. The traditional connotation for Resistance doesn't exclude violence and terrorism as an acceptable method.

When you convince people of lies like repealing Obamacare will cause millions of deaths (it fucking wont) than are you really surprised when someone impressionable acts upon those irrational fears.

This is almost identical to how ISIS, and other major Islamic terror groups work now. It's not about direct plot or a connection, its about providing a narrative, and a playbook. With the internet and 24/7 media, anyone can be radicalized, anywhere.

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 08:48:47 PM »
bernie is a us senator encouraging liberals to vote and be politically active.

you seem to want to paint any criticism of the gop, or political activism by the dnc, as some kind of hate-mongering.  that's asinine.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 03:40:19 AM »

Literall Trump on the campaign tail.

Also, if Americans should have the right to defend themselves, why are different ideologies not a threat?
I mean, if a bunch of people were trying to push islamic law into government, shouldn't Americans fight back?
If the liberals are pushing control and violence, shouldn't the right fight back?

It seems to me that if the liberals are trying to push their ideology, then its the right of Americans to fight back.  With violence if necessary.  Don't you agree?

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 08:15:46 AM »

no one deserves to get shot unless they are a lethal threat first of all. Secondly, the guy used an SKS which the configuration he used can only shoot ten rounds. Thirdly, what makes you think banning ARs would solve anything?
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »
It seems to me that if the liberals are trying to push their ideology, then its the right of Americans to fight back.  With violence if necessary.  Don't you agree?

Not if they're not pushing their ideology with violence.

if a bunch of people were trying to push islamic law into government, shouldn't Americans fight back?

If they started 'The American Shariah Party' and pushed their ideology by taking out ads and making public speeches about the benefits of shariah then your fightback should be in the form of counter-arguments and your own ads. If, by engaging with the system, they found that they had majority support to push shariah laws through the legislature, then the fightback would be to get anti-shariah politicians elected to vote those kind of bills down.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 11:50:29 AM »

Not if they're not pushing their ideology with violence.

if a bunch of people were trying to push islamic law into government, shouldn't Americans fight back?

If they started 'The American Shariah Party' and pushed their ideology by taking out ads and making public speeches about the benefits of shariah then your fightback should be in the form of counter-arguments and your own ads. If, by engaging with the system, they found that they had majority support to push shariah laws through the legislature, then the fightback would be to get anti-shariah politicians elected to vote those kind of bills down.
No, America is about violence.  We were founded by violence, we stayed together through violence, our economy recovered because of violence, so why should we stop now?