To any flat earther...
« on: June 05, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
If you guys are 100% "woke", intelligent, "not brainwashed", smarter than 99% of the world etc, etc....Why exactly do you choose to waste your time & superior knowledge trying to prove it to everybody (which is impossible) instead of moving on and solving the biggest real world problems?

If it's flat it's flat, you guys won & NOTHING will ever change that, so why not just move on to problems that can be changed? Like HUMAN SUFFERING? Why play the "I'm right you're wrong" game nonstop with those "sheep" sphere earth believers like you're all a bunch of kids? When you know for a fact flat earth is true?

I personally knew 9 people who were victims of either the gun, or a disease (I wasn't born in a 1st world country if that number surprises you) how is flat earth gonna stop me from being next?

And why keep talking about it if you solved it already? You're never gonna convince everybody, especially people like me, who thinks about bigger problems than the earths shape.

Your movement is gonna always look 10000% pointless to somebody like me, and I represent 99% of society anywhere.

But If you want me, and the rest of society to seriously care, solve any problem bigger than the earths shape to prove your claims of intelligence, and THEN tell us the earth is flat when you become a celeb for curing cancer. We're sheep, we love our celebs.

But seriously though, until you guys get off the internet and actually use your "intelligence", to benefit society in a major way, you're always gonna be as relevant as the graffiti you see on walls, you're saying something but you're not really important. Therefore your words cannot be trusted. If flat earth is true, come together and use your superior reasoning skills to save us sheep from the problems we suffer from, due to our ignorance and we will believe anything you say.

I'm not even trying to be funny, this is literally the only way somebody like me who has bigger problems than conspiracies, the earths shape, etc, is ever gonna believe this theory. Sphere earth makes perfect sense the science is all there, the math is all there, and all the debunking videos, or math I have seen you guys do are all false, and it's either due to the "debunkers" own ignorance on the topic, or they're simply choosing to lie to you all, or following a lie already made up.

You guys need to seriously research sphere earth the same way you did with flat earth, there is no simple answer to anything, that's why people are in collage right now studying for 4 years straight. All you have to do is research it, and if that's too hard to do, like I said before, cure any disease you want or end poverty it doesn't matter...Then go tell me the earth is flat. Nobody is gonna really care until you guys have credentials, that's how the world works.

geckothegeek

Re: To any flat earther...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »
If you guys are 100% "woke", intelligent, "not brainwashed", smarter than 99% of the world etc, etc....Why exactly do you choose to waste your time & superior knowledge trying to prove it to everybody (which is impossible) instead of moving on and solving the biggest real world problems?

If it's flat it's flat, you guys won & NOTHING will ever change that, so why not just move on to problems that can be changed? Like HUMAN SUFFERING? Why play the "I'm right you're wrong" game nonstop with those "sheep" sphere earth believers like you're all a bunch of kids? When you know for a fact flat earth is true?

I personally knew 9 people who were victims of either the gun, or a disease (I wasn't born in a 1st world country if that number surprises you) how is flat earth gonna stop me from being next?

And why keep talking about it if you solved it already? You're never gonna convince everybody, especially people like me, who thinks about bigger problems than the earths shape.

Your movement is gonna always look 10000% pointless to somebody like me, and I represent 99% of society anywhere.

But If you want me, and the rest of society to seriously care, solve any problem bigger than the earths shape to prove your claims of intelligence, and THEN tell us the earth is flat when you become a celeb for curing cancer. We're sheep, we love our celebs.

But seriously though, until you guys get off the internet and actually use your "intelligence", to benefit society in a major way, you're always gonna be as relevant as the graffiti you see on walls, you're saying something but you're not really important. Therefore your words cannot be trusted. If flat earth is true, come together and use your superior reasoning skills to save us sheep from the problems we suffer from, due to our ignorance and we will believe anything you say.

I'm not even trying to be funny, this is literally the only way somebody like me who has bigger problems than conspiracies, the earths shape, etc, is ever gonna believe this theory. Sphere earth makes perfect sense the science is all there, the math is all there, and all the debunking videos, or math I have seen you guys do are all false, and it's either due to the "debunkers" own ignorance on the topic, or they're simply choosing to lie to you all, or following a lie already made up.

You guys need to seriously research sphere earth the same way you did with flat earth, there is no simple answer to anything, that's why people are in collage right now studying for 4 years straight. All you have to do is research it, and if that's too hard to do, like I said before, cure any disease you want or end poverty it doesn't matter...Then go tell me the earth is flat. Nobody is gonna really care until you guys have credentials, that's how the world works.

You are right on all points, but at least some of us "round earthers" take these FES websites as "spoofs" and come to these websites for the entertainment. What ideas (they call them "flat earth theories") are they going to come up with next ? LOL.
Everyone knows that the earth is a globe......But maybe there are really those who only THINK that it isn't ? But could they just be pretending ?
If only they would be a bit more polite about it......Sigh........
There is a lot of good stuff on the Internet......but then there are things like the FES.
But then again there are good points to these FES websites....Interesting "RE" facts and evidence.
They have prompted me to do some research, and I have learned a few things in the process.
One thing I have learned : You never stop learning !
But don't mention your credentials ! That's a "No-No"  !
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:27:19 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »
If you guys are 100% "woke", intelligent, "not brainwashed", smarter than 99% of the world etc, etc....Why exactly do you choose to waste your time & superior knowledge trying to prove

Had to stop you there because no one tries to prove anything.   Sparsely populated WIKI and FAW that's spoken of as if it's a bible etc.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 03:17:18 PM »
How is truth a waste of time?

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 03:38:46 PM »

On the FES it is. LOL.

geckothegeek

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 03:45:32 PM »
If you guys are 100% "woke", intelligent, "not brainwashed", smarter than 99% of the world etc, etc....Why exactly do you choose to waste your time & superior knowledge trying to prove

Had to stop you there because no one tries to prove anything.   Sparsely populated WIKI and FAW that's spoken of as if it's a bible etc.

ENAG and "The Sacred Texts" are the flat earth bibles. Written by the Prophet and Saint Sir Samuel Birley Rowbotham, PhD, MD , in the 19th Century.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »
If you guys are 100% "woke", intelligent, "not brainwashed", smarter than 99% of the world etc, etc....
Nice strawman.

You are right on all points, but at least some of us "round earthers" take these FES websites as "spoofs" and come to these websites for the entertainment. What ideas (they call them "flat earth theories") are they going to come up with next ? LOL.
Everyone knows that the earth is a globe......But maybe there are really those who only THINK that it isn't ? But could they just be pretending ?
If only they would be a bit more polite about it......Sigh........
There is a lot of good stuff on the Internet......but then there are things like the FES.
But then again there are good points to these FES websites....Interesting "RE" facts and evidence.
They have prompted me to do some research, and I have learned a few things in the process.
One thing I have learned : You never stop learning !
But don't mention your credentials ! That's a "No-No"  !

On the FES it is. LOL.

I have asked you repeatedly to knock it off. I am not sure why you insist on acting like a petulant child after so many warnings. I've been more than patient with you, have a month off.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 04:45:42 PM »
If you guys are 100% "woke", intelligent, "not brainwashed", smarter than 99% of the world etc, etc....Why exactly do you choose to waste your time & superior knowledge trying to prove it to everybody (which is impossible)
Most of us don't try to prove anything to anyone at all. We set up a society for like-minded individuals to enjoy. A small group of social outcasts keeps coming here to demand that we prove things. You'll notice that we find many of them completely not worth our time.

instead of moving on and solving the biggest real world problems?

You seem to think that we can't be doing both at the same time. The existence of a forum on the World Wide Web does not stop most people from being productive members of society.

It's not. It's not trying to in the first place. Neither is music, or applied linguistics. Should we abandon any and all intellectual activity that doesn't directly fight disease?

And why keep talking about it if you solved it already?
Because we enjoy it.

You're never gonna convince everybody, especially people like me, who thinks about bigger problems than the earths shape.
That's great. Carry on with your life, we'll carry on with ours.

Actually, I represent 99.5% of society and you're wrong.

I don't think anyone who spent 4 years making collages is going to have much to add to this conversation. You're thinking of college.

But yeah, quite a few of us have degrees. Big whoop, it's kind of the norm in the modern world.

And people already care. That's why we're getting media attention, and that's why you're here :)
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »
If you guys are 100% "woke", intelligent, "not brainwashed", smarter than 99% of the world etc, etc....Why exactly do you choose to waste your time & superior knowledge trying to prove it to everybody (which is impossible)
Most of us don't try to prove anything to anyone at all. We set up a society for like-minded individuals to enjoy. A small group of social outcasts keeps coming here to demand that we prove things. You'll notice that we find many of them completely not worth our time.

I completely understand that you might not represent 100% of flat earthers, for example the ones on YouTube who post their video "evidence" nonstop trying to convert people, but there isn't a forum on flat earth more popular than this one which is why I'm even here.

instead of moving on and solving the biggest real world problems?

You seem to think that we can't be doing both at the same time. The existence of a forum on the World Wide Web does not stop most people from being productive members of society.

Obviously I'm not just talking about a forum, and no I'm not gonna believe people who spend a lot of time talking on forums or making videos about something they already know the answer to, really do care about societies biggest problems, I fully believe that if you did, you would simply just accept your "facts" about the earth being flat and just move on to more serious topics.
Like I said if it's really flat you guys are 100% the most brilliant people on earth, and you should be using those reasoning skills to help with bigger problems. More people will follow or trust a flat earther with serious credentials. The most famous flat earthers on earth are NBA players...

It's not. It's not trying to in the first place. Neither is music, or applied linguistics. Should we abandon any and all intellectual activity that doesn't directly fight disease?

Like I said, I know you probably don't represent 100% of FE believers, so almost everything I said in my statement is directed at the people who do waste their time trying to prove it to people, like the ones posting nonstop on YouTube.
I don't have a problem with intellectual activity, but seeing smart people staying on a topic that has already been solved, just seems like a complete waste of time to me. And yes the same thing applies to me, but I'm just curious as to why alot  of you behave like like typical cult/conspiracy group members on the web.
I believe in God and nobody is ever gonna convince me otherwise, so I moved on, the same thing goes with my sphere earth beliefs.

And why keep talking about it if you solved it already?
Because we enjoy it.

You're never gonna convince everybody, especially people like me, who thinks about bigger problems than the earths shape.
That's great. Carry on with your life, we'll carry on with ours.

Actually, I represent 99.5% of society and you're wrong.

1% Of the world is around 70 million and I seriously doubt there will ever be that many FE believers. If the day ever comes that I start believing in FE and I actually try to convince the people where I'm from that it's true, I'm 100% sure they're all gonna look at me like I'm stupid, simply because of the fact that there are bigger problems out there I could be focusing on.
And I'm pretty sure 9/10 people you try to talk about it to in real life is gonna give you the exact same response. Maybe lower it to 8/10 if you're living in the USA alot of Americans I've met are ignorant of the the world's problems, it's understandable though, because your media influences almost everything, and you guys don't really have those issues.
And before anybody says "why are you here then?" like I said I just want to know the reason for the 1000s of videos or pages I see on social media that basically worship flat earth. It just seems like a waste of your superior reasoning skills to me.

I don't think anyone who spent 4 years making collages is going to have much to add to this conversation. You're thinking of college.

You're 100% right here, I'm typing from mobile sorry.

But yeah, quite a few of us have degrees. Big whoop, it's kind of the norm in the modern world.

With that statement, is it ok to assume you're American? Of course correct me if I'm wrong and I'm not trying to be offensive.
And also I never tried to say degrees have anything to do with intelligence, only that a lot of the things you're taught in college or any school grade, start out basic and always add up to something complex, which is exactly how knowledge should be learned.
Most FE believers I've talked to say the easy and simple explanation is always the best and I just think that's ridiculous.
Btw like I said I do believe I God, even without there being any evidence, so don't try to tell me I'm "close-minded" like other FE believers have before, because yes I do think outside the box.

And people already care. That's why we're getting media attention, and that's why you're here :)

The only media I've seen you guys get attention on is either social, or YouTube, like every other conspiracy group out there. That doesn't mean society cares, you guys are just another meme to most people.

And Like I said I'm only here because I'm curious as to why you guys are this dedicated to a topic you already solved, being the worlds smartest people, you should also be smart enough to know when to move on. I believe in God and nobody is ever gonna convince me otherwise I moved on, the same thing goes with my sphere earth beliefs.

So if it's really just like you said, you just "enjoy it", please tell me again so I can move on, because that explanation basically puts you in the same boat as other groups who only care about their own enjoyment such as.....(I really don't know any other way to put this so I seriously apologize to anybody offended)
Racists, devil worshipers, anti religion groups, radical religious groups....Basically any any anti society group that only does what they do for enjoyment. And I can't take groups like that seriously.
I don't believe in God or the sphere because I enjoy it, I simply accept the facts pertaining to both and move on to other problems.

And like I said I like to think outside the box, so if flat earth is true, you guys are literally the most reasonable human beings on the planet and I believe you should be using those skills to solve bigger problems now, and if none of you can actually do that, then either you guys are 100% just completely misguided conspiracy theorists, or you're simply choosing to waste away that intelligence, which could be put to use on saving millions.

There are 1000s of videos of people on the web "proving" and explaining all sorts of nonsense. You guys need to either make the group popular, by saving lives and becoming celebrities/politicians or just seriously consider flat earth being false. Conspiracies exist but everything isn't a conspiracy.

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 12:02:54 AM »
The truth shall set you free

There is no cause more great and noble than the pursuit of truth

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 02:18:04 AM »
The only media I've seen you guys get attention on is either social, or YouTube, like every other conspiracy group out there.
This is factually incorrect, but I understand why you'd want to believe that. :)

And Like I said I'm only here because I'm curious as to why you guys are this dedicated to a topic you already solved, being the worlds smartest people, you should also be smart enough to know when to move on.
I already answered your question: this is primarily a place for like-minded individuals to relax and enjoy a conversation. If you look at where most of the conversations occur, you will find it's not in the FE-related boards.

So if it's really just like you said, you just "enjoy it", please tell me again so I can move on, because that explanation basically puts you in the same boat as other groups who only care about their own enjoyment such as.....(I really don't know any other way to put this so I seriously apologize to anybody offended)
Racists, devil worshipers, anti religion groups, radical religious groups....Basically any any anti society group that only does what they do for enjoyment. And I can't take groups like that seriously.
I don't believe in God or the sphere because I enjoy it, I simply accept the facts pertaining to both and move on to other problems.
You seem awfully confused about this. I don't know how to help you.

And like I said I like to think outside the box, so if flat earth is true, you guys are literally the most reasonable human beings on the planet and I believe you should be using those skills to solve bigger problems now, and if none of you can actually do that, then either you guys are 100% just completely misguided conspiracy theorists, or you're simply choosing to waste away that intelligence, which could be put to use on saving millions.

There are 1000s of videos of people on the web "proving" and explaining all sorts of nonsense. You guys need to either make the group popular, by saving lives and becoming celebrities/politicians or just seriously consider flat earth being false. Conspiracies exist but everything isn't a conspiracy.
Again, you seem convinced that we can't be doing both at the same time. The existence of this forum should in no way affect people's ability to do good in the world.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume