Some Questions From A New Member
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:52:31 PM »
I just joined this forum and don't yet know what to think. I have a couple of questions about the Flat Earth model that I am confused about.
1. Are other planets flat too or is it just Earth? What about the Moon and the Sun?
2. Why do toilets flush the other way in the "southern" hemisphere?
3. How thick is the flat Earth? Could we drill down and fall through it?

Thanks! I have never thought about these things before and am really excited to learn the truth.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: Some Questions From A New Member
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:17:24 AM »
I just joined this forum and don't yet know what to think. I have a couple of questions about the Flat Earth model that I am confused about.
1. Are other planets flat too or is it just Earth? What about the Moon and the Sun?

Thanks! I have never thought about these things before and am really excited to learn the truth.
I'm not a flat-earther (but I'm interested in their theories) - but I've gotta tell you that (2) is an urban legend - it's not true in either Flat or Round earth.  In Round-earth, people say that the swirl of water is due to the coriolis effect - but at those small scales, the coriolis force is vastly too small to be noticeable.   Coriolis only happens noticeably for very large systems like hurricanes.  However, where precision really matters (such as snipers shooting over long ranges) - it can be enough to be measurable.

In Flat Earth theory - there is no coriolis.  (I don't know how they explain the behavior of either hurricanes or sniper rifles).
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

geckothegeek

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 05:06:56 AM »

I'm not a flat earth either, but I find this website interesting for the explanations of how things are on a flat esrth.
If you would like some information on my "round earth" qualifications, send me a PM and I will be glad to answer.
I have listed them frequently, but I have been warned by one moderator to not do that any more.
The answers to your questions would be answered better by a flat earther, so although I know what the flat answers are, it would be best if I left it to the FE's to answer them.
The usual answer is to read the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), the flat earth wiki and ENAG (Earth Not A Globe, written by Samuel Birley Rowbotham, an English author who claimed to have both PhD and MD Degrees) or "The Sacred Texts."  Much of the flat earth information comes from Rowbotham's writings, written in the 19th Century.

I have also heard that the swirl of water in the toilet is just due to the design of the toilet.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 05:24:12 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »
Opinions differ, but most of us agree that planets are round.

You fell victim of an urban legend. There is no connection between a toilet's or sink's location and what way the direction in which the water will swirl. A quick Google search will bring up plenty of articles like this one to confirm this.

The Earth is at least 6400km thick, and drilling through it would cause you to reach its molten layer. Beyond that, it becomes somewhat meaningless.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

geckothegeek

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 08:32:02 PM »

You fell victim of an urban legend. There is no connection between a toilet's or sink's location and what way the direction in which the water will swirl. A quick Google search will bring up plenty of articles like this one to confirm this.

The Earth is at least 6400km thick, and drilling through it would cause you to reach its molten layer. Beyond that, it becomes somewhat meaningless.

(1) I have  read that some FE's said that planets do not exist ?
How large are the planets ?
How far above the earth are they ?

(2) The toilet swirl question seems to be just due to the design of the toilet itself.About a bath tub, shower stall, sink, or lavatory , etc. drain ? Same thing- "just the design of the object" affects the direction of the swirl.

3)How has it been measured ?
What method ?
What's on the underside ?
What's beyond , or what's under ,  the underside ?
Is there a reference to these questions in the FAQ, wiki, ENAG , etc. ?
In the words of James Thurber, "You could look it up." ?

Here is another question.
Putting aside the question of hitting the molten core of the flst earth.
If you drilled that hole and you jumped into it , would the upward acceleration just come up and stop you ?
Just like jumping off that chair and the floor accelerating upward to meet your feet ?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:11:56 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 09:31:07 PM »
That's great, I'm very happy for you. Now, why don't you go back to Complete Nonsense and Angry Ranting where you belong?

geckothegeek

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 10:01:07 PM »
That's great, I'm very happy for you. Now, why don't you go back to Complete Nonsense and Angry Ranting where you belong?

I'm going to try to stop posting "round earth answers" and try to concentrate on just asking "flat earth questions."
I'm just interesting in seeing questions and will try to refrain from making any comments from now on.
I'll leave that to the others.
Some questions do seem to go unanswered though.

But don't you agree that if this is a website for free thinkers that the opinions of other flat earth believers who believe that there are no planets should be respected just as much as those who believe that there is an ice ring ?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:09:32 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 10:28:52 PM »

I am in agreement with you about the problem of what would happen if you drilled deep enough to to reach the moltrn core.
Question :
What is below the molten core ?
If you drilled deep enough to reach the molten core would it erupt and cause a volcano due to the upward acceleration ?
Something like an oil well gusher or a geyser ?
Of course this is all problematical. It's very doubtful if such a hole could be drilled in the first place ?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 05:25:15 PM »
But don't you agree that if this is a website for free thinkers that the opinions of other flat earth believers who believe that there are no planets should be respected just as much as those who believe that there is an ice ring ?
Sure. As soon as they arrive here and start speaking, they're welcome to have their opinions respected here. I do, however, have a problem with you distorting Flat Earth beliefs by claiming that you've spoken to people who most likely do not exist. They need to represent themselves, if they really are out there.

What is below the molten core ?
Indeterminate and meaningless.

If you drilled deep enough to reach the molten core would it erupt and cause a volcano due to the upward acceleration ?
Honestly, this is all extremely hypothetical and impractical. If a volcano were to form, I would suspect it would have more to do with the difference in densities and a rapid decompression than UA. However, more likely than not groundwater would have filled the hole as it was being drilled. That in turn would obviously start getting heated up extremely quickly.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 03:55:16 PM »
Honestly, this is all extremely hypothetical and impractical. If a volcano were to form, I would suspect it would have more to do with the difference in densities and a rapid decompression than UA. However, more likely than not groundwater would have filled the hole as it was being drilled. That in turn would obviously start getting heated up extremely quickly.
[/quote]

As a practical matter - the deepest hole ever drilled (some Russian guys did it) is called the "Kola Superdeep Borehole" - it's 9 inches in diameter, and about 40,000 feet deep (about 7.5 miles).  It took them 20 years to drill that deep - and it's only halfway down to the "mantle" layer (in RET...dunno in FET).

Trouble is the deeper you go, the more friction there is on the drill pipe - so the slower you have to drill to avoid snapping the darned thing...every bit they go deeper, they go slower and slower...so it's unlikely anyone will try to go deeper than that any time soon.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?