Offline TitanicShark

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
If Antarctica is an ice rim...
« on: May 25, 2017, 07:00:47 PM »
If Antarctica is an ice rim then why can you see solid rock sometimes below and around the ice. Also can you explain the mapping of what's under the ice and what's in the ice?
π•Ώπ–Žπ–™π–†π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ•Ύπ–π–†π–—π–

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: If Antarctica is an ice rim...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 10:53:26 PM »
If Antarctica is an ice rim then why can you see solid rock sometimes below and around the ice. Also can you explain the mapping of what's under the ice and what's in the ice?

Do you have a photo of this in mind?   I can't think of ever seeing rock in photos of the coast of Antarctica.

I'm not sure it makes a difference to FE vs RE though.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline TitanicShark

• View Profile

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 02:40:28 AM »
I'm not an FE proponent - but if I were, I'd probably say:

Obviously there are some normal pieces of land that lie against the ice wall (indeed these are clearly shown on the FE map on the Wiki) - so one would expect that if you landed there and marched inland, you'd eventually run into the ice wall...unless a UN patrol caught you trying...and then...

You know that's an interesting question!

I don't know what the FE folks claim would happen to you if the UN patrol catches you trying to get to the ice wall...we're told there are a patrols - but not what they do when you're caught.  Do they politely say "Nothing to see here!  Head back the way you came please!"...or do they "disappear" people into jail...maybe brainwash them into thinking that they spent three months at the South Polar Research Station - then let them go?

Does anyone here know?
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline TitanicShark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »

Do you have a photo of this in mind?   I can't think of ever seeing rock in photos of the coast of Antarctica.

Good point, but would they answer if you ask them questions about it or if you try to get permission to study it?

Offline 3DGeek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 12:52:15 PM »

Good point, but would they answer if you ask them questions about it or if you try to get permission to study it?

"I'm sorry, the continent of Antarctica is closed today - we value your business, please fill out our customer satisfaction survey as you leave the antarctic."