Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Shaquille O'Neil believes that the earth is flat
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2017, 01:11:48 AM »
Regardless, I still don't see how a doctorate in education or human resources makes one an authority on the shape of the earth.

A doctorate in education makes one an authority on education.
Then you agree that Shaq's degree in education does not make him an authority on the shape of the earth.  Good to know.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
Re: Shaquille O'Neal believes that the earth is flat
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2017, 01:17:04 AM »
I wonder why Shaq's capstone project was never released to the public.  I'm a project manager.  I'd love to know when I need to whip out my humor or my aggression to get things done. 

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2017, 02:07:21 AM »
I wonder why Shaq's capstone project was never released to the public.  I'm a project manager.  I'd love to know when I need to whip out my humor or my aggression to get things done.
Maybe it wasn't the slam dunk that he was hoping for.

*ducks*
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2017, 03:24:09 AM »
http://thecomicscomic.com/2013/03/05/leadership-through-humor-a-comedy-theory-by-dr-shaquille-oneal-ph-d/

“Happy employees = happy customers. Happy customers = happy shareholders.”

That’s what Shaquille O’Neal told CBS News he had learned by May 2012, when he received his Doctorate in Education degree from Barry University, a private Catholic college in Miami.

lol i take back my concession about shaq's allegedly deep knowledge of the educational system.  he studied the use of humor as a leadership trait.  who cares.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2017, 05:05:32 AM »
Shaq has observed far more of the plane than most anyone.
Certainly, anyone posting here.
Incorrect.  Those of us (myself among them) who served in the Navy have observed more of the GLOBE than he.  And by "observed" of course I mean "conducted observations with our own eyes, observations that had real world consequences for navigation of billions of dollars of naval vessel" not whatever the 360° angle nonsense was that Shaq talked about.

Really, you have evidence there are currently thousands of people with the same credentials?
Sounds more like hyperbole to me.
Advanced degrees in education are available from hundreds of colleges.  Each of which awards multiple degrees, in multiple years.  To be a teacher requires more and more degrees and certifications all the time, so YES, there are certainly thousands with the same Ed.D credentials.  Probably tens of thousands.

Are you saying that a Doctor of Education doesn't know anything about education?
Others have said exactly that.  In many cases, the Ed.D isn’t worth the paper it is printed on:
Nothing shows how downright phony the game is than the Ed.D.s — the Doctors of Education. I have seen administrators who have had trouble writing clear letters home to parents and who murdered the English language in public go about brandishing their degrees and insisting on being called “Doctor.”

Mostly though, what I’m saying is this ‘doctorate’ of his gains him zero insight into the shape of the earth.  No more than it would gain him insight into the events of 9/11, the efficacy of vaccines, the fate of D. B. Cooper, or the identity of Nicole Brown Simpson’s real killer.  It's fine for him to have opinions on these matters, it's fine for him to talk about those opinions, it's fine that you agree with him.  His degree is irrelevant to any of it, is what I'm saying.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »
Mostly though, what I’m saying is this ‘doctorate’ of his gains him zero insight into the shape of the earth.  No more than it would gain him insight into the events of 9/11, the efficacy of vaccines, the fate of D. B. Cooper, or the identity of Nicole Brown Simpson’s real killer.  It's fine for him to have opinions on these matters, it's fine for him to talk about those opinions, it's fine that you agree with him.  His degree is irrelevant to any of it, is what I'm saying.
A lot of what he said had to do with how people are being deceived - that is very relevant to his doctorate. In fact, the substance of what he says about FET is minimal - he doesn't say much more than "yeah, it's flat, it looks flat". The public deception bit is where his expertise comes into play.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2017, 04:58:49 AM »
The fact that people CAN be deceived does not mean they ARE being deceived about one specific topic.   
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Shaquille O'Neil believes that the earth is flat
« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2017, 06:32:30 AM »
In order to discredit Shaq as a source of authority you would need to show that he cheated in his classes or something

If Shaq came out tomorrow and said it was just a joke and he actually believed the earth was a globe I'm sure you would become a GE since he has the qualifications to know! LOL

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 08:37:43 AM by Boots »
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2017, 07:28:08 AM »
Shaq obviously caved in to pressure since the story went world wide and was hurting his brand and the NBA. If this is his joking style show us where he has ever made a similar "joke".

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2017, 08:14:18 AM »
LOL
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2017, 08:25:33 AM »

Shaq obviously caved in to pressure since the story went world wide and was hurting his brand and the NBA. If this is his joking style show us where he has ever made a similar "joke".

Really Tom? Really?

I mean, I know it hurts that all of you used Shaq's statement and tried to fuel your position in the public with being" backed by a celebrity". Now this is a conspiracy too, and Shaq "obviously" caved in to pressure.

I guess the joke is on you.

Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2017, 08:36:44 AM »
And Tom, we should listen to him, he has a doctorate.

Also are you saying that believing in "The Truth" hurt his brand?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:02:27 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2017, 01:20:41 PM »
Shaq obviously caved in to pressure since the story went world wide and was hurting his brand and the NBA.

yeah just like kyrie irving

https://solecollector.com/news/2017/03/nike-kyrie-irving-3-best-selling-basketball-sneaker
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2017, 03:23:17 PM »
Shaq obviously caved in to pressure since the story went world wide and was hurting his brand and the NBA.

yeah just like kyrie irving

https://solecollector.com/news/2017/03/nike-kyrie-irving-3-best-selling-basketball-sneaker

So? Shaq's managers would perceive what he said as being negative. Do you think they saw the world mocking him and said that it would make them millions of dollars?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:32:36 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2017, 03:27:31 PM »
Really Tom? Really?

I mean, I know it hurts that all of you used Shaq's statement and tried to fuel your position in the public with being" backed by a celebrity". Now this is a conspiracy too, and Shaq "obviously" caved in to pressure.

The entire world was mocking him. He was going to either go with it, or backtrack and try to save face. When you question the status quo you are mocked and ridiculed.

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2017, 03:31:52 PM »
Really Tom? Really?

The entire world was mocking him. He was going to either go with it, or backtrack and try to save face. When you question the status quo you are mocked and ridiculed.
How is that a more relevant point when it comes to Shaq, but not the other celebrities supposedly backing FES?

You're just looking for excuses, Tom. You guys got played and you jumped in feet first.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2017, 03:37:55 PM »
How is that a more relevant point when it comes to Shaq, but not the other celebrities supposedly backing FES?

You're just looking for excuses, Tom. You guys got played and you jumped in feet first.

It was to be expected that something was going to break with that kind of overwhelming ridicule, either Shaq's career, or some kind of backtrack on his position. Shaq chose to try and save his career.

Again, if this is his joking style, where has he made a similar "joke"?

« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »

It was to be expected that something was going to break with that kind of overwhelming ridicule, either Shaq's career, or some kind of backtrack on his position. Shaq chose to try and save his career.
Yes, keep telling yourself that. Or, maybe you guys just didn't know the character of Shaq really well and jumped the gun on bragging about his support.

If it makes your life easier that he succumbed to the pressure, fine. Have it your way. I'm telling you though, you got played. Period.

Either way, it makes you look even more stupid. You defending this makes it even worse on you as an individual. For each reply of yours in this thread, you're making a lot of people's Friday very, very enjoyable, including mine. Gotta say.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2017, 04:11:19 PM »
Or, maybe you guys just didn't know the character of Shaq really well and jumped the gun on bragging about his support.
I'm fairly familiar with Shaq and this was quite obviously out of character for him. The media (who follow him quite closely) have pointed out this much, too. But hey, something something if it makes your life easier, right?

I'm telling you though, you got played. Period.
Dude, saying "period!!!!" as the be-all-end-all of a conversation is so outdated. You should be saying "*drops mic*" these days. It will make you seem more right, especially if you're just presenting baseless claims.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2017, 05:01:24 PM »

I can't quite work out which is the most tragic, insisting that the 7 foot multi millionaire has been bullied into retraction or Sexpest trying to come across as king cool.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.