The Sun
« on: February 19, 2017, 01:10:01 AM »
I would like to know what force is moving the sun and moon in a circle above the earth? If "gravity doesn't exist" then what causes the sun follow the circular path that the flat earth model describes? I have not yet seen an explanation for this.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: The Sun
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:36:10 AM »
I would like to know what force is moving the sun and moon in a circle above the earth? If "gravity doesn't exist" then what causes the sun follow the circular path that the flat earth model describes? I have not yet seen an explanation for this.

Unknown.

geckothegeek

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 03:44:12 PM »

Unknown.

The usual FE answer. LOL
On the flat earth, the earth stands still and the sun and the moon move around the earth.
IF the earth WAS flat, that is. Paraphraising the old Will Rogers saying, "All I know is what I read in the flat earth wiki and that's my excuse for ignorance." There are quite a few things that are "unknown" to FE's.
They are both 32 miles in diameter and 3,000 miles above the earth, just under the ice dome above the earth.
They don't collide with each other since  " they wobble up and down."
I have also read that it has something to do with "the celestial gears."
On the round earth , the sun stands still and the earth  moves around the sun and the moon  moves around the earth . IF the earth IS round, that is.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:14:41 PM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:55:35 PM »
I have read one FE statement that the moon is transparent and you can see stars behind it in a "New Moon" or "The Dark Of The Moon."
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:00:42 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 09:02:20 PM »

Unknown.

The usual FE answer. LOL
On the flat earth, the earth stands still and the sun and the moon move around the earth.
IF the earth WAS flat, that is. Paraphraising the old Will Rogers saying, "All I know is what I read in the flat earth wiki and that's my excuse for ignorance." There are quite a few things that are "unknown" to FE's.6
They are both 32 miles in diameter and 3,000 miles above the earth, just under the ice dome above the earth.
On the round earth , the sun stands still and the earth  moves around the sun and the moon  moves around the earth . IF the earth IS round, that is.

Why do we have to know everything?

geckothegeek

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 09:16:01 PM »

Unknown.

The usual FE answer. LOL
IF the earth WAS flat, that is. Paraphraising the old Will Rogers saying, "All I know is what I read in the flat earth wiki and that's my excuse for ignorance." There are quite a few things that are "unknown" to FE's.6

Why do we have to know everything?
Sorry. I thought you flat earthers had an answer to and for everything ? Except an accurate flat earth map ?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:51:21 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 01:58:03 AM »
Sorry. I thought you flat earthers had an answer to and for everything ? Except an accurate flat earth map ?

Our yearly budget is probably negative $250, or however much it costs to run this website for a year. We don't have the funds to explore the world and gather all of these answers.

geckothegeek

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 02:07:12 AM »

Since I haven't seen an  answer from the flat earth side, I am going to venture my guess as to your question.
If this is wrong, hopefully someone from The Flat Earth Society will correct me.

I am just assuming, according to flat earth , that everything within and beneath the the dome (including the earth, the moon, the sun and the stars - there seems to be some disagreements amonst flat earth as to whether or not the planets exist - but let us just include them for the sake of ilustration) would be accelerating at the same rate of 9.8 meters per second per second since they are all contained  within the confines of the dome and would continue to maintain  their height above the earth, their spacing and their paths , et cetera, et cetera,and so forth, over the earth.

Just my guess, which admittedly could be all wrong, but just based on what I have read. 
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:09:31 AM by geckothegeek »

geckothegeek

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 02:15:11 AM »

Our yearly budget is probably negative $250, or however much it costs to run this website for a year. We don't have the funds to explore the world and gather all of these answers.

Surely there should be some public service spirited volunteers in TFES who are experts in these fields who would donate their services at no cost as a public service to answer these questions ?

Now if these were "round earth" questions there are plenty of sources to get answers for free. For example, I have  visited and exchanged e-mails with Mc Donald Astronomical Observatory. They have always been ready,  willing and eager to answer questions.

Surely the FES would have similar places for information ?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 02:35:07 AM by geckothegeek »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 11:18:08 AM »

Surely there should be some public service spirited volunteers in TFES who are experts in these fields who would donate their services at no cost as a public service to answer these questions ?

Now if these were "round earth" questions there are plenty of sources to get answers for free. For example, I have  visited and exchanged e-mails with Mc Donald Astronomical Observatory. They have always been ready,  willing and eager to answer questions.

Surely the FES would have similar places for information ?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that the Mc Donald Astronomical Observatory doesn't have a budget of negative $250 a year.

totallackey

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 11:43:45 AM »
On the round earth , the sun stands still...

Oh, really...

The Sun is motionless in RE?

totallackey

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »

You might want to check into issues of electromagnetism.

Nature is chock full of electromagnetic forces.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 12:17:44 PM »

You might want to check into issues of electromagnetism.

Nature is chock full of electromagnetic forces.
Please give some references to these "electromagnetic forces" that "nature is chock full of". It sounds interesting, unless it's just made up rubbish like your usual posts.
Never any real evidence. Are we really just expected to take your word for it?

geckothegeek

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2017, 05:51:35 PM »

Oh, really...

Moving through space but motionless in reference to the earth and the planets.
In relation to the planets, the sun is motionless to the planets. The planets revolve around the sun.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:03:03 PM by geckothegeek »

totallackey

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 11:45:46 AM »
Please give some references to these "electromagnetic forces" that "nature is chock full of". It sounds interesting, unless it's just made up rubbish like your usual posts.
Never any real evidence. Are we really just expected to take your word for it?

Have you ever been outside in a thunderstorm?

totallackey

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 11:50:04 AM »

Oh, really...

In relation to the planets, the sun is motionless less to the planets. The planets revolve around the sun.

Oh, so the Sun is not moving relative to the, "planets," but it is moving through space.

At the same time while the Sun is moving the, "planets," are revolving around the Sun.

Interesting...

Do you have any proof of this wild cockamamie claim?

If the Sun is motionless relative to the, "planets," as you claim, how is it the Sun's motion could be detected?

Do you even read what you write?

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 02:22:59 PM »

Oh, really...

In relation to the planets, the sun is motionless less to the planets. The planets revolve around the sun.

Oh, so the Sun is not moving relative to the, "planets," but it is moving through space.

At the same time while the Sun is moving the, "planets," are revolving around the Sun.

Interesting...

Do you have any proof of this wild cockamamie claim?

If the Sun is motionless relative to the, "planets," as you claim, how is it the Sun's motion could be detected?

Do you even read what you write?

There are 3 predominate ways that we know our solar system is moving.
1) We look at the light from old stars through a prism and see red shift and blue.
2) We look at the microwave background and see consistent shift in two directions indication movement.
3)   Observations of the edge of the heliosphere for waves indicating movement.

You can Google search these things for more info on how the observations are made and what they mean.

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »

No one has explained to me how Gravity makes things revolve around each other indefinitely either.

1) We look at the light from old stars through a prism and see red shift and blue.
2) We look at the microwave background and see consistent shift in two directions indication movement.

You can Google search these things for more info on how the observations are made and what they mean.

Seems a little far fetched to me, then again I started getting lost about half way through the movie Interstellar.

totallackey

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 07:10:05 PM »

The claim: "Moving through space but motionless in reference to the earth and the planets."

So, you attempt to resolve this contradiction by stating it is not motionless relative to the Earth through "observation."

That seems to support an argument the Earth is indeed flat and motionless.

Another victory for FE!

geckothegeek

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 01:34:27 AM »

The claim: "Moving through space but motionless in reference to the earth and the planets."

So, you attempt to resolve this contradiction by stating it is not motionless relative to the Earth through "observation."

That seems to support an argument the Earth is indeed flat and motionless.

Another victory for FE!

No-no.....It is the sun that stands still in relation to the earth and it is the earth that moves around the sun.
Not the other way around.