Poll

Do you support these questions in that they prove the Earth is round?

Yes
2 (22.2%)
Kind of yes
1 (11.1%)
Kind of no
0 (0%)
No
6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Offline TitanicShark

• Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    • View Profile
Explain these things
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:36:23 PM »
1: If Earth is moving down very fast wouldn't planes not be able to take off? Same with Helicopters
2: Humans would be crushed.
3: Where is the south pole? There are pictures. And don't you dare say they are fake. Your map says the south pole doesn't exist.
4: What is on the other side of the Earth?
5: Why when you dig down it gets hotter.
6: How would plate tectonics work?
7: Why when you are in a plane you can see the curviture of the Earth?
8: How would the atmosphere work?
9: Would the Sun even be able to heat the Earth?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:56:44 PM by Saturn »
π•Ώπ–Žπ–™π–†π–“π–Žπ–ˆπ•Ύπ–π–†π–—π–

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Explain these things
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:03:31 PM »
1: If Earth is moving down very fast wouldn't planes not be able to take off? Same with Helicopters
3: Where is the south pole? There are pictures. And don't you dare say they are fake. Your map says the south pole doesn't exist.
4: What is on the other side of the globe.

1. Acceleration has no more impact on the ability of airplane and helicopter to perform takeoffs than gravity. That is why it is called the 'Equivalence Principle.
2. No, humans would not be crushed. That is nonsense for the same reason as #1.
3. I would suggest reviewing the FAQ and wiki.
4. Given that earth isn't a globe in FET, that isn't a question we can answer.
5. Are you just making things up now?
6. The way we observe them to work.
7. You can't see the curvature of the earth from common commercial aircraft even in the round earth model.

I would suggest doing a bit of research on FET if you want people to actually have a discussion with you. It is clear based off of your questions that you have done no research.

Offline TitanicShark

• View Profile
Gotcha
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:07:30 PM »
Making stuff up? More like you are. Just answer it instead of trying to get away with not answering it. You also say that we would not move. Wouldn't we feel something? Plus you say gravity doesn't exist
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 10:09:31 PM by Saturn »

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:24:06 PM »
I agree with junker. I hate agreeing with junker. Why must you do this to me OP?

Offline TitanicShark

• View Profile
Why though?
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 10:29:18 PM »
You have no evidence for why? Watch videos. You people just make it look like the Earth is flat.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Gotcha
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 10:59:55 PM »
Making stuff up? More like you are. Just answer it instead of trying to get away with not answering it. You also say that we would not move. Wouldn't we feel something? Plus you say gravity doesn't exist

The questions you asked have been answered. Albeit I put only slightly more effort in answering them than you did asking, but that is because you refuse to do even the smallest bit of research. If you don't feel something was answered to your satisfaction, you should try being more specific. Also, it is more conducive to a discussion if you keep to one or two topics per thread. No one is going to take the time to address/argue 7 points repeatedly in one thread.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 02:03:11 AM »
I don't support the Flat Earth, but on most of these questions I agree with Junker!
Acceleration is indistinguishable from gravity over a limited region of space and Einstein used this concept in his development of General Relativity.

1: If Earth is moving down very fast
No, the FES does not claim that. It claims that the earth is accelerating upwards.

Quote from: Saturn
wouldn't planes not be able to take off? Same with Helicopters
The earth accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s2 would be indistinguishable from gravitation of 9.8 m/s2.
So, no humans, planes and helicopters would not behave any differently.

Well, I agree that the South Pole is a real single point, but then so do a number of Flat Earthers, notably Tom Bishop, Sandokhan and JRowe.
For an example look at this post for what one model might look like: at Earth Q&A / Re: Confused about circumnavigation Β« on: February 06, 2016, 06:19:56 PM Β»
or this post that shows both continental layouts Re: Confused about circumnavigation Β« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 05:35:24 AM Β».

Who knows or cares?

Why does it make a difference?

Really? Show us some convincing photographs.

Why would it work any differently?

Now, here I definitely have to agree with you!
The surface area of the Globe is 510.1 million km2 and,
if the diameter of the Flat Earth is 40,073 km (the 24,900 miles from "the Wiki"), the surface area of the Globe is 1261.2 million km2.
So the area of the Flat Earth is 2.47 times that of the globe, yet is supposedly heated by this tiny sun. It is much closer, but that does not help with the 3 x area problem.

Not only that, on the Unipolar (Ice-Ring) layout
         The area of the Northern Hemiplane is 314.6 million km2, while
         the area of the Southern Hemiplane is 943.9 million km2.

The big question the is: How does the sun heat 3 times the area in the Southern Hemiplane as in the Northern Hemiplane, when
the sun spends the same time over each Hemiplane.

Yes, this question definitely needs an answer, and as yet I have seen nothing in "the Wiki" or in Rowbotham's ENaG.

<< spelling >>
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:48:10 AM by rabinoz »

totallackey

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »

Wth are you writing about?
The South Pole does not exist.

Are you going to double dare or even triple dog dare me now?
I do not know.
Dirt is a good insulator.
Seems there are pockets under the crust on which individual bits of land can slip and slide.
You can't.
Why not?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:48:32 PM by totallackey »

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 08:47:06 PM »

What a negative useless way to answer an apparent newcomer!

You categorically state "The South Pole does not exist." with no evidence and quoting no sources other than your own dubious authority!

Maybe you should have been more circumspect are said that you, personally do not believe that the South Pole exists.

You do know Tom Bishop I suppose. He knows more about the Flat Earth and its theory than you can imagine, yet he says that there is a North Pole and a South Pole!
The continental layout he supports is this:

Another alternative model descripting Antarctica as a distinct
continent. There is still an "ice wall" in this model, but it not Antarctica.
Beyond the rays of the sun the waters will naturally freeze.

And here are just a few of the at least 20 posts where he brings it uo:
Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Coriolis effect in FETΒ« Message by Tom Bishop on January 16, 2015, 06:45:38 AM Β»
Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Ask Tom Bishop Β« Message by Tom Bishop on September 13, 2015, 06:49:58 PM Β»
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Pros and Cons for a flat Earth Β« Message by Tom Bishop on September 23, 2015, 05:57:37 AM Β»
Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Coriolis effect in FET Β« Message by Tom Bishop on February 01, 2016, 01:43:32 AM Β»

And it is not just Tom Bishop, but at least two more Flat Earth believers that have continental layouts that include a South Pole.

You really have a lot to learn about even the Flat Earth.

Re: Why though?
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 09:48:41 PM »
You have no evidence for why? Watch videos. You people just make it look like the Earth is flat.

What videos? I have never advocated that the earth is flat. Quite the opposite in fact. I just think your arguments are poor/lazy.

Offline TitanicShark

• View Profile
Actually
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 11:20:02 PM »
First off not all of my questions have been answered. Only like 3. Also the South Pole exists. Look at their original map

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
Re: Actually
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 02:48:41 AM »
First off not all of my questions have been answered. Only like 3. Also the South Pole exists. Look at their original map
Well, I can't help at all. I don't believe that the earth is flat either and those questions are questions about the Flat Earth that I have never seen answered.

But when it comes to the South Pole, I answered that with:
Well, I agree that the South Pole is a real single point, but then so do a number of Flat Earthers, notably Tom Bishop, Sandokhan and JRowe.
For an example look at this post for what one model might look like: at Earth Q&A / Re: Confused about circumnavigation Β« on: February 06, 2016, 06:19:56 PM Β»
or this post that shows both continental layouts Re: Confused about circumnavigation Β« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 05:35:24 AM Β».

You'll have to rely on answers from Flat Earthers for the rest and as you have seen, those do not seem to be forthcoming.

totallackey

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 11:54:30 AM »

You categorically state "The South Pole does not exist." with no evidence and quoting no sources other than your own dubious authority!

Maybe you should have been more circumspect are said that you, personally do not believe that the South Pole exists.

You do know Tom Bishop I suppose. He knows more about the Flat Earth and its theory than you can imagine, yet he says that there is a North Pole and a South Pole!

Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Coriolis effect in FETΒ« Message by Tom Bishop on January 16, 2015, 06:45:38 AM Β»
Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Ask Tom Bishop Β« Message by Tom Bishop on September 13, 2015, 06:49:58 PM Β»
Flat Earth Debate / Re: Pros and Cons for a flat Earth Β« Message by Tom Bishop on September 23, 2015, 05:57:37 AM Β»
Flat Earth Q&A / Re: Coriolis effect in FET Β« Message by Tom Bishop on February 01, 2016, 01:43:32 AM Β»

And it is not just Tom Bishop, but at least two more Flat Earth believers that have continental layouts that include a South Pole.

Nope, do not know Tom Bishop.

I do not agree with Tom Bishop.

Any sources quoted on this site are simply argumentum ad populum, especially in regard to the existence of South Pole.

The Earth has one magnetic center.

It is a live example of a monopole.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »

Nope, do not know Tom Bishop.

I do not agree with Tom Bishop.
As I said, you have an awful lot to learn about the flat earth!

Quote from: totallackey
Any sources quoted on this site are simply argumentum ad populum, especially in regard to the existence of South Pole.
And why do you claim that? I might not agree with them but they make a lot more sense than you proclamations.

If those are argumentum ad populum then yours are obviously argumentum ad ignorantiam, while all mine are Argumentum a testimonio.

As you have no sources and no evidence to back up any of your claims, I think we can safely dismiss them.

Quote from: totallackey
The Earth has one magnetic center.

It is a live example of a monopole.
Rubbish! No isolated magnetic monopoles exist! If you claim there is, come up with the evicence!

Please come up with some independent evidence for all you totally unfounded claims.
Your word alone is worth nothing!
You are nothing but a troll that goes around rubbishing anything without ever offering anything wit any evidence to back it up.

Re: Actually
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2017, 03:38:47 PM »

Anyone who believes the earth is flat already believes that much photographic evidence is faked. If pictures of earth from space, the moon landings, and mars can all be faked,  pictures of a snowy landscape labelled as "Antarctica" aren't going to be given much credit either.

If you want to convince someone that their entire worldview is wrong, you need to start from a truth that you can both agree on.

totallackey

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 06:42:30 PM »

As I said, you have an awful lot to learn about the flat earth!

I question your qualifications to make this assessment.

And why do you claim that? I might not agree with them but they make a lot more sense than you proclamations.

Granting and conceding this is strictly an issue of subjective interpretation.

If those are argumentum ad populum then yours are obviously argumentum ad ignorantiam, while all mine are Argumentum a testimonio.

As you have no sources and no evidence to back up any of your claims, I think we can safely dismiss them.

You and I have discussed this before...

You pull the word "we," out of your _ _ _ like you are some sort of spokesperson or you are relying on some mythical order of precedence you have posted in the form of a desk nameplate or door plaque.

I have my own understanding and interpretation of those things I have witnessed personally and those things I have read.

The difference between you and I primarily being this:

When I read the words, "scientists theorize..." I assign that as much weight as I do to your writing on the topic, that being...

You treat it is gospel.

Rubbish! No isolated magnetic monopoles exist! If you claim there is, come up with the evicence (sic)!

Please come up with some independent evidence for all you totally unfounded claims.
Your word alone is worth nothing!
You are nothing but a troll that goes around rubbishing anything without ever offering anything wit any evidence to back it up.

The Earth is the evidence.

Do you deny the Earth exists?

You are nothing but a troll that goes about calling people (who you deem to be, "less than," to begin with) names, on some obscure flat earth forums, acting all high and mighty as if you are accomplishing some great mission.

I have provided an accurate picture of you for the benefit of the membership:

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 09:05:18 PM »

The Earth is the evidence.

Do you deny the Earth exists?

You are nothing but a troll that goes about calling people (who you deem to be, "less than," to begin with) names, on some obscure flat earth forums, acting all high and mighty as if you are accomplishing some great mission.

I have provided an accurate picture of you for the benefit of the membership:
Still no evidence!

I use "we" to refer to the rest of the Globe's population that realises the stupity of the claims made by a few malcontents that don't have the eyes to see that the earth is a Globe.

Antarctica is real and the earth has been circumnavigated North-South by air at least times as well as some times by land and sea!

The expedition including "Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Charles Burton (both UK) of the British Trans-Globe Expedition" is credited with being the first to circumnavigate both geographic poles. First circumnavigation via both Poles, surface
A better description is in Transglobe expedition: Ranulph Fiennes β€˜Vertical’ Circumpolar Navigation of the World

Route of first circumnavigation via both Poles, surface

There are numerous genuine photographs of earth taken from space.

In his total ignorance Totallackey thinks that:
"The images presented of the Earth as supposedly seen from space are simply artist renderings and the issue raised by your OP proves this."

They must have some pretty fast artists up there at JMC! These two images were downloaded within 15 minutes of the time the were captured by the Himawari-8 satellite.

Himawari-8 Real-Time Image, True Colour, 21:00 UTC 01 February 2017
Downloaded 21:15 UTC 01 February 2017

Himawari-8 Real-Time Image, True Colour, 21:10 UTC 01 February 2017
Downloaded 21:23 UTC 01 February 2017

And the only explanation you can give is that they "are simply artist renderings and the issue raised by your OP proves this."

You keep coming out with this rubbish, with only you words to back it up!

Please explain how I can get a custom image downloaded almost immediately I request it.
I can select:
various regions, including only Australia, these images are "full disk",
various combinations of sensor channels, Himawari-8 has 16 "optical" channels, the above were RGB "Truecolor" and
select times, in 10-minute intervals, over the past 24 hours, these were the most recent at the time downloaded.

Mr Totallackey, please explain how and why JMA would bother to provide such a service if it was all faked.

Still, you'd believe any fiction to prop up you imaginary flat earth!

Satellites are real and used by many countries for DBS TV, Internet coverage and satellite phones.

To connect to satellite internet or satellite TV you need a satellite dish, satellite receiver, then an ordinary router, maybe with WiFi.

Something like this
Quote from: NBN Satellite for Australia
Regional NBN Satellite Uses
Internet access will help workers migrate to regional and remote areas of Australia.
Economic development can improve for these areas.
Tourists and Grey Nomads can gain Internet access. Social media updates promoting local areas can be made.
VOIP telephony call can be made (1/2 second latency).
Charge up devices while you are onsite. Stay longer in regional centres.
Allow for smartphone/tablet notification updates even without 3G / 4G coverage.
Download smartphone podcast (digital audio series files) updates for next leg for traveller.
eBook / Library eBook / digital newspaper / digital magazine access. Keep up to date and learn faster.
Download new emails. Send emails while onsite.
Remote tutoring / education / distant education. E.g. Online TAFE, online University, massive open online course (MOOC).
Teleworking. Access remote companies and provide digital services. E.g. Elance, Airtasker, Freelancer.
eCommerce. Sell physical and digital products worldwide. E.g. Fulfillment by Amazon (remote warehouse and sales), iStockphoto (digital media sales).
Access remote cloud computing resources such as online backup, online accounting and cloud business applications.
Remote health consultations. This could include wearable health device data reviews. Share high resolution images with specialists.
Internet of Things. River levels, water tank levels, groundwater levels, climate monitoring, soil moisture content, rainfall, wind speed.
Extend Internet access coverage with WiFi point to point wireless links.
Access online Government services.

The satellite dish requires 2 coaxial cables for receiving and transmitting.
The satellite receiver has a 12 volt 20 watt maximum power supply.
A Ethernet cable (category 5) connects the satellite receiver with your Wifi Router WAN socket.
A basic Wifi Router can use a 12 volts 6 watts maximum power supply.

NBN Satellite Connection with solar power

The calculations are based on a Northern Australia satellite connection with 3 days of power storage.
Solar panel is 200 watts or more.
Deep cycle batteries are 2 x 6 volt 180 Ah in series. This was chosen for weight reasons. 32 kilograms each.
The solar controller is 30 Amps with Maximum power point tracking (MPPT). This controls solar input, battery charging and power to load.
USB charging from a 12 volt source could keep tablets, smartphones and other devices charged in remote areas.
The satellite receiver and Wifi router should be kept below 40 degrees by careful design.

Much more in NBN Satellite for Australia.

Mr Totally Crappy, in Australia we have very large expanses with no phone towers no microwave dishes and in these places satellite communication is real and necessary.

So keep your silly ideas to yourself.
It it interesting that many say that Muslims claims that the Qur'an teaches that the earth is flat so why then do all these Muslim countries have their own satellites?
Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, United Arab Emirates,  Iran, Kazakhstan (70% Muslim), Azerbaijan, Qatar, Iraq and Turkmenistan (89% Muslim).

There's an unlimited amount more physical evidence that the earth is a rotating globe, but I'll keep that till later!

But you never provide evidence, you just expect us to believe you, FAT CHANCE!

Offline TitanicShark

• View Profile
Are you stupid?
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »

A'chem I never said the South Pole didn't exist. It does.

Offline TitanicShark

• View Profile
Junker is stupid
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2017, 03:11:49 PM »
Junker, when was the last time you checked the FAQ?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »
Junker, when was the last time you checked the FAQ?

Irrelevant