The transit of Venus and lunar eclipses need explination
« on: January 08, 2017, 10:24:52 PM »
Aloha!  In june 2012, after 5 years of patience from having read about it, I saw the transit of Venus with my own eyes from Hawai'i.  This phenomenon is rare and was only observed 7 times, in 1639, 1761, 1769, 1847, 1882, 2004 and 2012 as Venus, while retrograding, passed in front of the Sun's face.  How can Venus leave the Firmament and fly on this side of the Sun? 
What about the lunar eclipses, which appear twice a year?  What shadows the moon if the Earth doesn't move to pass between the Sun and Moon?
Having been an astrologer for almost 20 years, I have a keen understanding of the solar system's clockwork.  Now thanks to Flatearthers who blew my mind, I have to re-learn all those logics.  Please solve these ones for me, because I realy enjoy telling people about how flat the world is and looking educated in the process

geckothegeek

Re: The transit of Venus and lunar eclipses need explination
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 12:15:12 AM »
Aloha!  In june 2012, after 5 years of patience from having read about it, I saw the transit of Venus with my own eyes from Hawai'i.  This phenomenon is rare and was only observed 7 times, in 1639, 1761, 1769, 1847, 1882, 2004 and 2012 as Venus, while retrograding, passed in front of the Sun's face.  How can Venus leave the Firmament and fly on this side of the Sun? 
What about the lunar eclipses, which appear twice a year?  What shadows the moon if the Earth doesn't move to pass between the Sun and Moon?
Having been an astrologer for almost 20 years, I have a keen understanding of the solar system's clockwork.  Now thanks to Flatearthers who blew my mind, I have to re-learn all those logics.  Please solve these ones for me, because I realy enjoy telling people about how flat the world is and looking educated in the process

This is what I have read for the Flat Earth Theory ("FET") explanation of a Lunar Eclipse.
The moon and the sun are both 32 miles in diameter and 3000 miles above the earth and orbit around the earth. The earth does not move.
The sun acts like a spot light and shines directly down on the earth so no light reaches the moon .
The moon is self illuminated by itself.  Some say this is caused  by "bio-luminescent" (spelling ?) creatures which move back and forth to cause the phases  of the moon.
Some call these creatures "moonshrimp" or "moonshramp."
Lunar eclipses are caused by a "shadow object" or "dark object" , which is 5 or 10 miles in diameter, apparently like a giant black ping-pong paddle, which comes between the earth and the moon and blots out the moon. It can not be seen since it is always in the glare of the sun.
It would seem that a transit of this object across the sun would be observed, but I haven't read any "FET" about that.

I haven't read anything "FET"  about the transit of Venus.
Some flat earthers believe the planets do not exist. Of course the earth is not a planet either.
Some Flat Earthers say those photos you see of Mars, Venus, Saturn with its rings, etc. are fakes and just "pretty pictures" drawn by a staff of NASA artists. So is the "blue marble."

Hopefully, some Flat Earther will post better explanations of the above and make corrections to any of my errors to the above ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:58:52 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 11:55:40 AM »
1.  Planets do not exist and that is just something crossing between us and the Sun.

2. At least two planets exist. Mercury and Venus orbit the Sun so can be observed passing in front of the Sun.

3. Planets exist, are smaller then we are told, but that is something else and not venus transiting the Sun.

4. Any pictures or videos of transits are faked.

FE has trouble with the motion of the planets.  So did astronomers for a long time with transits and retrograde motion until the heliocentric model was accepted.

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 07:05:23 PM »
Any comments, Louis ?
Has this been of any help in answering any questions you may have ?

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
I still hope to get a more savy reply.  I only had internet access for 5 month, to find out about all the crazy theories they post on youtube.  Before, I relied on a few books of astronomy, astrology and my ephemeris to understand and follow the celestial activities.  I have been eye watching the motion of the moon and 5 closest planets throughout this new millenium to confirm my understanding.  Explaining the clockwork to many educated people about astological birthcharts and comparing personnality traits according planetary positioning never left me in error and misinterpretation.  I get satisfactory readings of pleople I don't even know.  I don' t claim to have any psychic ability to support my success, when I hear how precise my readings are.  I only follow the guidelines of the knoledge I learned.
I always look up to the sky to confirm the celestial bodies positions, that correspond to the old print out of my ephemeris and the match is there.  The moon's light always correspond with its angle to the Sun.  I have trouble picturing how the Sun's light doen't reach the moon in anyway.  And those blooming organism on the Moon always cover the same zones precicely, every month?
The firsts observations of the transit of Venus were done in a dark room with a pin hole through the wall to project the Sun's light onto an other wall.  No telescope, no camera, no Nasa, unless you tell me the book I read was made up!  When I saw the transit taking place, I was sitting on the beach with my wife, kids and some friends and we were sharing this eclipse goggle, we got from the Keck observatory office.  On our way back home, we stopped at the Canada-France-Hawai'i observatory office to look through the telescopes they set up.  It was the same image seen from the goggles.  I saw Venus as it first came from the Sun's rim, up to 4 hours later, but not the rest of its passage accross the Sun's face, which lasted a few more hours.
I can accept the Flat Earth model watching videos on maps, flat horizons, long distance sighings of ships, debunking Nasa's falsifications, Admiral Byrd's interview, but the celestial activity models seems a little far fetch.
Please, give me some solid clarity and stump my view well!

Nibiru
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 06:36:00 PM »
Does anyone in FE society ever included the Nibiru factor in our plane of existance?  The ancient Sumarian tablets have the whole solar system carved in the right proportions and what could be Nibiru, added to the cluster.  Doesn't this part of history ever reach our present realm?  There are probably as many people looking out for this phenomenon as their are for Flat Earth.  Do any of you compare notes, or every statement is dumped down the fake drain?  I can imagine the Nasa falsifiying computer images like Secchi or HI1 and HI2 observators.  But what about all the photos and videos of the sunsets and sunrises taken by people accross the world, showing extra heavenly spheres, the blue or green planet or even the glimpses of the Fresnel lense, trying to hide the show (not to mention the spew of chemtrails).  I have been looking up too, trying to get my own view of it all.  On 12-24, my wife, kids and friends went for a sunset beach gathering.  When the Sun was just about over the horizon, one fat cloud slipped in front to cover it well.  My wife and I could defenately see two spheres on the left and one bigger dark sphere over and to the right of the Sun.  I was so happy to finaly see it happen with my own eyes.  This topic sure has something in common with Flat Earth: "They" are working real hard at keeping our attention away from it!