Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: August 21, 2017 Solar Eclipse
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 05:00:39 PM »
NO! NO!! NO!!! The data would NOT be identical !!!! The data would NOT be PRECISELY identical !!!!!
NASA calculates solar eclipse information based on a spherical earth, with the moon revolving around it, in a heliocentric solar system !!!
I think you should add a few more "NO!"s and exclamation marks there. That'll make you more credible.

Either that or open a physics textbook and practice solving the same problem from multiple frames of reference.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 06:57:24 PM »
NO! NO!! NO!!! The data would NOT be identical !!!! The data would NOT be PRECISELY identical !!!!!
NASA calculates solar eclipse information based on a spherical earth, with the moon revolving around it, in a heliocentric solar system !!!
I think you should add a few more "NO!"s and exclamation marks there. That'll make you more credible.

Either that or open a physics textbook and practice solving the same problem from multiple frames of reference.

I don't think the heliocentrist model is capable of predicting everything in the known universe nor does any astronomer claim such a thing.   There is a lot that isnt know about even the "solar system".   There is enough known about  heliocentrist model to explain the moon phases, Lunar eclipses, solar eclipses, and tides.   The declared distances, rotational angles, orbits, and gravity measurements do allow the model to have a high level of ability to explain and predict.  NASA with their lies and incorrect knowledge is somehow still  able to make a contribution to society.  I haven't heard anybody from TFES explain what causes a solar eclipse. 

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2017, 07:44:44 PM »
Just for clarification, is there an explanation for solar eclipses other than the heliocentric model?

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2017, 10:49:52 PM »
I don't understand - why is a Round Earther trying to explain FET/Zeteticism to another Round Earther? You'd think you would have left it to someone who actually knows what they're talking about if you cared so much about truth over starting with a premise and saying whatever it takes to confirm it. ::)

That said, eclipses are cyclical. You can predict future eclipses by following the well-known and documented pattern. This is true for both FET and RET.
Not quite. The Mayans were very good at this prediction, but predictions far into the future did get a day or so out. There are slight perturbations that the Mayans did  not know about, let alone predict.
Quote from: Miriam Kramer
In fact, the Brickers found the astronomical calendar dated to the 11th or 12th century accurately predicted a solar eclipse to within a day in 1991, centuries after the Mayan civilization had ended.

From Ancient Maya Predicted 1991 Solar Eclipse
That is an amazing prediction, even so.

Dates can usually be predicted a reasonable time ahead "by following the well-known and documented pattern", but the details of exactly where they will occur is not so easy. Quite a number of Chinese astrologers ended up headless as a result.

But, if you have some better information, it would be very helpful.

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2017, 11:00:37 PM »
I don't understand - why is a Round Earther trying to explain FET/Zeteticism to another Round Earther? You'd think you would have left it to someone who actually knows what they're talking about if you cared so much about truth over starting with a premise and saying whatever it takes to confirm it. ::)

Maybe that is because no flat earthers have tried to explain it yet.   Seems like the flat earthers only moderate these forums rather than put forth explanations.

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 07:38:12 AM »

Maybe that is because no flat earthers have tried to explain it yet.   Seems like the flat earthers only moderate these forums rather than put forth explanations.
:)

Moderation or the usual ad hominem.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2017, 04:16:03 PM »

So then, since you have opened the texts books and looked at the problem from multiple frames of reference, what is your hypothesis for the solar eclipse?  I'm assuming that you have a hypothesis since you stated earlier that the two models would produce identical results.   I'd like to know your hypothesis of the causation of the solar eclipse that would produced theses identical results.

totallackey

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 05:33:56 PM »

I'll try again.

Were they reliably predicted?  Meaning they where able to get it right every time.  They knew exactly when and where they would be visible?  They knew if it was going to be full or partial?

That was not done successfully until the 1700's. It was the result of the work of three mathematicians who used a heliocentric RE model.

I think you are confused about what eclipses they were able to predict got right most times and wrong some times. Lunar eclipses and even then they where only able to predict when they were most likely to happen.  They had a good success rate with lunar eclipses as did other civilizations.

We will all visit the thread with our videos of the eclipse with the time observed and compare and that time.

For one, I remember quite vividly my disappointment in the predicted lunar eclipse of Fall/2015 and how it did not go off at the times predicted.

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 01:51:38 PM »
Has the FES been making any predictions or just using the data that is being generated by the spherical scientists?
The data would be precisely identical. What would be the point of hiring someone (and where would we get the funding?) to replicate someone else's work? There's plenty of more useful things we could be doing.
That's what all flat earthers such as you do. When you can't do something, you just say "What's the point anyway?"

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »
Not only that but the motions of the Sun, moon and Earth are not precisely periodic, nor even perfectly calculable very far into the future. This is probable the reason the Mayan prediction was a day out.

Why not? Doesn't the heliocentric model have the answer for everything? Isn't it known fact, sound science, absolute truth? It should be able to predict every motion in the solar system because it is the perfect representation of reality, right?
And the Flat Earth model's calculations are always perfect too?