The Earth is Round
« on: December 29, 2016, 10:00:17 PM »
Here is the only needed evidence to prove that the earth is round:

1) Gravity exists | We can observer the gravity exists from the tides rising when the moon or sun is overhead. The gravity from the sun or moon will exert its gravitational pull on the water, causing the level of the water to rise.

2) Gravity intends to pull everything into a sphere like object (a spheroid) | Just look at any celestial body (eg. the moon). Any body with enough mass will intend to pull itself into a spheroid. The moon, sun, and every other planet is a spheroid because of their gravitational pull.

3) The earth is massive enough to be classified to be a planet | We can observe the affect of the earth's gravity on the moon, and you can calculate that the earth is roughly 6 time larger than the moon. If the moon has enough gravity to pull itself into a sphere, then the earth should have more than enough gravity to pull itself into a sphere.

In conclusion, because gravity exists and gravity will always attempt to pull a massive object (like the earth) into spheroid (just like every other object in the solar system), the earth is sphere shaped.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: The Earth is Round
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 10:23:23 PM »
Gravity intends to pull everything into a sphere like object

Scary! When?!!
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 12:05:56 AM »

Scary! When?!!

Gravity has existed since 10^-43 Seconds after the big bang, and has caused matter to cluster into spherical stars and planets about 100 million years after the big bang.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 09:21:32 AM »
Gravity has existed since 10^-43 Seconds after the big bang, and has caused matter to cluster into spherical stars and planets about 100 million years after the big bang.
Prove it.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »
Prove it.

Some guys looked into a telescope and did some abtract math on a chalkboard, it checks out lol

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 11:11:18 PM »
Prove it.

Some guys looked into a telescope and did some abtract math on a chalkboard, it checks out lol

A more precise statement would be that our current theory of gravity doesn't work before 10-43 seconds after the big bang. There is no reason to think that gravity didn't exist before then. We just have no idea how it behaved.

Edit: I know you were just being sarcastically dismissive of a subject you have almost no knowledge of, but... the math actually does not check out. That's why they say the theory doesn't work before 10-43 seconds after the big bang.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:28:18 PM by TotesNotReptilian »

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »
Prove it.

A more precise statement would be that our current theory of gravity doesn't work before 10-43 seconds after the big bang. There is no reason to think that gravity didn't exist before then. We just have no idea how it behaved.

Edit: I know you were just being sarcastically dismissive of a subject you have almost no knowledge of, but... the math actually does not check out. That's why they say the theory doesn't work before 10-43 seconds after the big bang.

Thanks for the information. I admit I do not know much about the big bang, but I also don't know much about dragons and unicorns.

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 02:00:34 AM »

Scary! When?!!

LOL - It's called the "middle age spread"
Everyone get rounder as they get older !!!
Keep eating as much junk food as you like folks... it's gravity that makes you rotund !!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

Offline Venus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 02:03:21 AM »
Here is the only needed evidence to prove that the earth is round:

1) Gravity exists | We can observer the gravity exists from the tides rising when the moon or sun is overhead. The gravity from the sun or moon will exert its gravitational pull on the water, causing the level of the water to rise.

2) Gravity intends to pull everything into a sphere like object (a spheroid) | Just look at any celestial body (eg. the moon). Any body with enough mass will intend to pull itself into a spheroid. The moon, sun, and every other planet is a spheroid because of their gravitational pull.

3) The earth is massive enough to be classified to be a planet | We can observe the affect of the earth's gravity on the moon, and you can calculate that the earth is roughly 6 time larger than the moon. If the moon has enough gravity to pull itself into a sphere, then the earth should have more than enough gravity to pull itself into a sphere.

In conclusion, because gravity exists and gravity will always attempt to pull a massive object (like the earth) into spheroid (just like every other object in the solar system), the earth is sphere shaped.

IMHO the ONLY evidence you need is that Polaris can't be see from the southern hemisphere.
No flat earther has ever been able to explain that !!
Because I live on the 'bottom' of a spinning spherical earth ...
*I cannot see Polaris, but I can see the Southern Cross
*When I look at the stars they appear to rotate clockwise, not anti-clockwise
*I see the moon 'upside down'
I've travelled to the Northern Hemisphere numerous times ... and seen how different the stars and the moon are 'up' there!
Come on down and check it out FE believers... !!

Offline Rekt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 02:15:15 PM »

Scary! When?!!
Yeah! I'm watching out now!

Elusive Rabbit

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »
Your premise of disproving flat earth theory rests upon the existence of gravity, which most of us reject.

Look into other models such as Universal Acceleration.

geckothegeek

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 06:32:56 PM »
Your premise of disproving flat earth theory rests upon the existence of gravity, which most of us reject.

Look into other models such as Universal Acceleration.

The premise of a flat earth, which is not even a theory, rests on the existence of the earth being flat, which it is not.
Most flat earthers reject just about anything realiistic. LOL.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 09:04:54 PM »
The premise of a flat earth, which is not even a theory, rests on the existence of the earth being flat, which it is not.

geckothegeek, Flat Earth Debate is a serious forum. If you do not have serious flat-earth related points to make, then may I suggest you visit our lovely lower forums where you can jab and joke to your heart's desire. Otherwise please refrain from submitting posts of little to no content. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 09:08:41 PM by Pongo »

geckothegeek

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 09:52:26 PM »

geckothegeek, Flat Earth Debate is a serious forum. If you do not have serious flat-earth related points to make, then may I suggest you visit our lovely lower forums where you can jab and joke to your heart's desire. Otherwise please refrain from submitting posts of little to no content. Thank you.

That wasn't intended to be a joke. The earth is round. That is no joke. Disregard the LOL, if that is your objection.
But, for just one example, don't most flat earth beleivers reject many scientiific facts, such ss the horizon,  and the means to compute the distance to it ?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:16:35 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 03:27:43 AM »
It's not a serious discussion board.   The only thing discussed by those who support the flat earth theory are how rounders don't post the forums properly.   The flat earthers here don't answer questions, they don't post data about their observations, they don't hypothesis or give explanations about their conclusions.   In the end, they complain about how rounders post to this forum.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 03:56:46 AM »
It's not a serious discussion board.   The only thing discussed by those who support the flat earth theory are how rounders don't post the forums properly.   The flat earthers here don't answer questions, they don't post data about their observations, they don't hypothesis or give explanations about their conclusions.   In the end, they complain about how rounders post to this forum.

Hi there. Please refrain from off-topic and low-content posting in the upper fora. Please review the rules for more information. Warned.

Offline Azuel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 06:29:52 PM »
Prove it.
Prove that it doesn't exist, or is it that the Earth just so happens to be flying through space at a coincidental 9.8 m/s². This site is probably one of the biggest jokes I have seen in my life. We have video evidence that the Earth is round and spherical. Do you have video proof of a flat earth?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 11:27:47 PM »
Prove it.
Prove that it doesn't exist, or is it that the Earth just so happens to be flying through space at a coincidental 9.8 m/s². This site is probably one of the biggest jokes I have seen in my life. We have video evidence that the Earth is round and spherical. Do you have video proof of a flat earth?

I think he meant for the person making the extraordinary claim "Gravity has existed since 10^-43 Seconds after the big bang, and has caused matter to cluster into spherical stars and planets about 100 million years after the Big Bang" to prove that claim. Oddly enough, said user chose not to (likely because said user was just repeating things he head before).

I'm actually not sure what was hard to understand about the request. When someone makes a claim, the burden of proof resides with that person.

Also, who is this "we" you are referring to? And is video evidence no longer subject to scrutiny? I could show you video of all kinds of things that look real.

Anyway, have fun.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »

I could show you video of all kinds of things that look real.

And there's the rub, there are countless videos/Photographs of what the various space agencies from differing countries have done or are doing, all fake apparently, but where are the (leaked or otherwise) images of our flat world hanging against a starry back ground?
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »

I could show you video of all kinds of things that look real.

And there's the rub, there are countless videos/Photographs of what the various space agencies from differing countries have done or are doing, all fake apparently, but where are the (leaked or otherwise) images of our flat world hanging against a starry back ground?

Who said they're all fake?