Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #1640 on: June 08, 2017, 04:15:11 PM »
How odd...

The testimony is going on and Trump hasn't tweeted a word since yesterday.  Is... is his staff actually keeping his fingers off the phone today?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: June 08, 2017, 04:21:47 PM »
I believe Comey

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: June 08, 2017, 04:42:08 PM »
So... McCain just went on a "why is Hillary not being checked but is Trump is even though you were checking her e-mail server then finished it?  Why is she clear but Trump is not?"

I'm not even sure if he understood that the DNC hack was not related to the investigation into Hillary's e-mail server.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1643 on: June 08, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »
So... McCain just went on a "why is Hillary not being checked but is Trump is even though you were checking her e-mail server then finished it?  Why is she clear but Trump is not?"

I'm not even sure if he understood that the DNC hack was not related to the investigation into Hillary's e-mail server.

I missed that part.

So McCain basically just did a "But Her E-mails..." thing in a congressional hearing...?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: June 08, 2017, 10:12:04 PM »

I missed that part.

So McCain basically just did a "But Her E-mails..." thing in a congressional hearing...?
Yup.  He was the last speaker, I think.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: June 09, 2017, 03:21:10 AM »
I wanna share an email I just got from Trump Headquarters

Subject: HYPOCRITES
Dave,

James Comey stated under oath that President Trump was NOT under investigation by the FBI.

...So why has the Fake News Media spent so much time reporting on the so-called “Russia investigation?”

Democrats are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites inciting a WITCH HUNT to take down President Trump… And for one simple reason: He wants to put America FIRST.

Putting America First means special interests no longer get to sell out our country for their own personal gain. It means we no longer enter multinational agreements that surrender our sovereignty. It means we no longer funnel billions of American dollars to countries that hate us. It means we no longer let just anyone pour over our border.

Our winning movement ended an era of selling out American interests -- and the corrupt political class is FURIOUS.

The witch hunt won’t be over today. It won’t be over tomorrow. We MUST keep fighting. Our country is at stake.
[/size]CONTRIBUTE $1 TO DRAIN THE SWAMP[/color][/size][/font][/size]Thanks,Trump Headquarters

« Reply #1646 on: June 09, 2017, 07:05:44 AM »
I can only wish Australia had a leader that had the spine and balls of Trump.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: June 09, 2017, 08:57:27 AM »

What, like mounted on a plaque? A bit ghoulish!
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: June 09, 2017, 10:18:42 AM »
I can only wish Australia had a leader that had the spine and balls of Trump.

Spine and balls?  sure.
But not the brain.
Get something actually workable.

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: June 09, 2017, 02:01:02 PM »
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-06-08/paul-ryan-defends-donald-trump-hes-just-new-to-this

lol i can't even

"Look, he doesn't know anything about politics ok?  So just excuse his dictator like attitude.  He's used to busnesses he runs as the sole decision maker."

« Reply #1651 on: June 09, 2017, 08:52:46 PM »
Reporter: So he said those things under oath. Would you be willing to speak under oath to give your version of things.
Trump: 100%.
and. . .
I didn't say under oath . . . I hardly know the man. I am not going to say—I want you to pledge allegiance—who would do that? Who would ask a man to pledge allegiance under oath . . . I mean think of it. I hardly know the man. It doesn't make sense. No . . . I didn't say that, and I didn't say the other.

For fuck's sake

Does he like, not understand what under oath means?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 09, 2017, 11:08:23 PM »
Reporter: So he said those things under oath. Would you be willing to speak under oath to give your version of things.
and. . .
I didn't say under oath . . . I hardly know the man. I am not going to say—I want you to pledge allegiance—who would do that? Who would ask a man to pledge allegiance under oath . . . I mean think of it. I hardly know the man. It doesn't make sense. No . . . I didn't say that, and I didn't say the other.

For fuck's sake

It's a genius strategy. First you make sure they can only speak the truth, and then you tell them what to say. That way it becomes true!!!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 10, 2017, 04:38:11 AM »
and. . .

For fuck's sake

1. Has he never heard the pleadge of allegance?
2. I'm not sure what he's trying to say. Is he like... Saying he'd never ask for loyalty from someone who was under oath?  That whole thing is very confusing.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 10, 2017, 04:52:54 AM »
Why are you wasting your time and energy trying to analyze this? It's incoherent word salad, just like almost everything else Trump says.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 10, 2017, 08:28:39 AM »
Why are you wasting your time and energy trying to analyze this? It's incoherent word salad, just like almost everything else Trump says.
Sometimes one has to stare into the abyss to remind themselves that they really aren't that bad.  That there are people far worse.

Then you realize those people who are far worse are in a position of extremely high power.

« Reply #1656 on: June 10, 2017, 11:49:20 AM »
and. . .

For fuck's sake

1. Has he never heard the pleadge of allegance?
2. I'm not sure what he's trying to say. Is he like... Saying he'd never ask for loyalty from someone who was under oath?  That whole thing is very confusing.

I'm pretty sure he thinks the reporter who said "under oath" was referring to the "loyalty pledge" he allegedly made Comey take. AKA, he's a moron, and his team apparently didn't make sure he knew what "under oath" even meant before he started talking to the press. Leading him to inadvertently sort-of say he was 100% willing to speak under oath.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 11, 2017, 12:38:15 AM »
The statement makes perfect sense if you refrain from cherry picking quotes out of context: https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/videos/1853876347965720/

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 11, 2017, 08:02:15 AM »
The statement makes perfect sense if you refrain from cherry picking quotes out of context: https://www.facebook.com/NBCNews/videos/1853876347965720/

No, no it really doesn't. 

Not sure what cherry picking is being done.

Here's the relevant bit straight from Trump's buddies news site:

<blockquote>ABC’s JON KARL: I want to get back to James Comey’s testimony. You suggested he didn’t tell the truth in everything he said. He did say under oath that you told him to let the Flynn — you said you hoped you could let the Flynn investigation go.
TRUMP: I didn’t say that.
KARL: So he lied about that?
TRUMP: Well, I didn’t say that. I will tell you. I didn’t say that.
KARL: And did you ask you to pledge loyalty?
TRUMP: And there would be nothing wrong if I did say it read today but I did not say that.
KARL: And did he ask you for a pledge of loyalty from you?
TRUMP: No, he did not.
KARL: So he said those things under oath. Would you be willing to speak under oath and give your version of those events?
TRUMP: 100%. I hardly know the man. I’m not going to say I want you to pledge allegiance. What would do that? Who would ask a man to pledge allegiance under oath? Think of that. I hardly know the man. It doesn’t make sense. No, I didn’t say that, and I didn’t say the other.</blockquote>

The only context I can think of is he answers the question then goes back to rant about he original question, mixing "under oath" in there for some reason.

And look, at the end (of your link) he said he's not hinting about having recordings but we'll find out more soon.

So just like the evidence of Obama wiretapping him, he's got nothing.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:05:00 AM by Lord Dave »

« Reply #1659 on: June 11, 2017, 01:25:57 PM »
all the gop pearl-clutching over comey sharing his memos is fucking hilarious.  apparently sharing your own unclassified notes with someone is a greater moral evil than stealing private emails from a political party.

also this: https://takecareblog.com/blog/remarks-at-the-boston-march-for-truth
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 01:34:17 PM by garygreen »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.