Re: Cool Hard Logic - Testing Flattards - Part 1
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »
And you can confirm this is an unedited image? Those blue marble photos look so different over the years:

Not a valid point.

Making that point using this image is evidence that you don't understand basic geometry.

Those photos are taken at different distances.

What isn't a valid point? I think you are confused. I'd suggest going back and reading again but that never seems to help you.

I simply asked the user I was responding to if he could confirm that the image was unedited. The only other thing I said is that earth looks different in the images from the compilation I linked. Are you suggesting that they don't look different?
Nice try, im not going to let you bait me into stooping to that level by applying semantics. Even though you're a mod I take it the rules apply to all of us, no? There's no reason to be juvenile.

But then again, you believe the earth is flat.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2016, 07:05:19 PM »
And you can confirm this is an unedited image? Those blue marble photos look so different over the years:

Not a valid point.

Making that point using this image is evidence that you don't understand basic geometry.

Those photos are taken at different distances.

What isn't a valid point? I think you are confused. I'd suggest going back and reading again but that never seems to help you.

I simply asked the user I was responding to if he could confirm that the image was unedited. The only other thing I said is that earth looks different in the images from the compilation I linked. Are you suggesting that they don't look different?
Nice try, im not going to let you bait me into stooping to that level by applying semantics. Even though you're a mod I take it the rules apply to all of us, no? There's no reason to be juvenile.

But then again, you believe the earth is flat.

Bait you into what? I'm really not sure what you're getting at here, but I'll let you keep at it. Maybe add something to the thread if you're going to continue, though.

And yes, the rules apply the same to everyone.

geckothegeek

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2016, 09:12:11 PM »

DUH !
If you took pictures of something at different times and from different angles, wouldn't you expect them too look different ?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2016, 09:16:42 PM »

DUH !
If you took pictures of something at different times and from different angles, wouldn't you expect them too look different ?

Of course they would look different. Where did I suggest otherwise?

geckothegeek

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2016, 09:19:19 PM »

DUH !

So what's the point ?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »

DUH !

So what's the point ?

The point was me asking the user I replied to if they could confirm the authenticity of the image they were providing as evidence to support their claim. I'm not sure what's so hard for some of you to understand about that simple request.

geckothegeek

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2016, 10:21:30 PM »

DUH !

So what's the point ?

The point was me asking the user I replied to if they could confirm the authenticity of the image they were providing as evidence to support their claim. I'm not sure what's so hard for some of you to understand about that simple request.

We just don't understsand the reason for your paranoia....or whatever you call it.......when you are presented with simple facts snd evidence.
I would trust NASA more than TFES. Period. Of course, I am biased. I have been a U.S. Government Employee : ROTC, USN, FAA

IF some one would post a photo of a flat earth, would you question its authenticity ? The AEP won't do.LOL.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:23:56 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Cool Hard Logic - Testing Flattards - Part 1
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2016, 10:26:27 PM »
We just don't understsand the reason for your paranoia....or whatever you call it.......when you are presented with simple facts snd evidence.
I would trust NASA more than TFES. Period. Of course, I am biased. I have been a U.S. Government Employee : ROTC, USN, FAA

What paranoia? It was a simple question. You round earth logicians seem to be out of sorts recently. Not sure what's going on, but it really wasn't that hard of a question.

IF some one would post a photo of a flat earth, would you question its authenticity ? The AEP won't do.LOL.

I would ask literally the same question I asked to the user above.

geckothegeek

« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2016, 10:28:48 PM »
I will be honest, I regard TFES as a bit ridiculous......Just like the rest of the world. LOL.
The earth is a globe.Get real !

OK. Let's see a photo of a whole flat earth first.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:33:13 PM by geckothegeek »

Rama Set

« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2016, 10:46:56 PM »
You asked if they were unedited, not if they were authentic and then went on to make some vague and irrelevant comment about how different the blue marble has looked over the years.  After you and Fliggs engaged in less than savory conversation, why should your request be taken in good faith?  Or why should anyone try and read in to your request something that isn't there?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »
You asked if they were unedited, not if they were authentic and then went on to make some vague and irrelevant comment about how different the blue marble has looked over the years.  After you and Fliggs engaged in less than savory conversation, why should your request be taken in good faith?  Or why should anyone try and read in to your request something that isn't there?

You're right, I should've used a different word than 'unedited'(as I did in later posts), but the intent of the request was still the same. Fliggs ignored the request anyway, just as he did for every other request for evidence to support the claims he was making.

Why wouldn't it be taken in good faith? It was a simple request that could have been clarified further if needed, but Fliggs had no intention on actual discussion (at least based on the posts so far).

What is there to read into? What "isn't there?" It really was an easy question.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2016, 11:04:11 PM »

You ask: "And you can confirm this is an unedited image?", It has obviously been edited numerous times and not necessarily by NASA. NASA never released that image at all! So, no I won't even try!

But,
(1) Some of the earlier photos were composites - NASA said so. A photo of the Globe from much closer than geosynchronous altitude misses a lot of the surface, so earlier photos had to be composites, so what?

(2) Of course photos of the globe will look different. The image you get depends very much on the distance, and which part of the globe is in view.

(3) And the look of the photo depends on the colour treatment. All photos are taken on three or more colour channels and mixed later. Even in the days of the trusty Kodachrome we all know how much colour could vary.

Here are three "satellite" photos (one is from DSCOVR) showing all of these variations.

Russian Satellite Photo (around midday) - December 2015

Himawari-8 20160705120000fd

DSCOVR EPIC 187_1003703_africa
One thing that your and all other flat earthers just have to realise is that NASA and the numerous other space agencies are not the slightest bit interested in proving that the earth is a Globe, that was settled long, long ago.

And that picture of yours asks "Why is there never any real video of the earth spinning, only still?" Well, it would be a very, very boring video unless sped up a lot, the earth only spins at 0.007 rpm and any "time lapse" video will be claimed as "fake"!

So here is a time-lapse of the spinning earth, along with Not Again! Along with the claim "Another NASA Fake" by MrThriveAndSurvive to save you the trouble of "debunking" it!
It does not take much to pick holes in MrThriveAndSurvive's arguments, like the perennial cry "I can't see any atmosphere" - big deal, the atmosphere is effectively about 7 km thick, and the earth 12,742 km, you work it out.
Why is it that so many flat earthers, and MrThriveAndSurvive in particular, are so completely devoid of any sense of perspective or proportion?

If you are  ;D interested  ;D in the "original", all 19 secs of it, here is a link to it EPIC View of Moon Transiting the Earth

PS If Sexmaniac thinks I am making the pictures small to deceive him, let him, I couldn't care less. I am not trying to present any detail in any photos anyway, Go chase up the originals if you don't like these.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2016, 11:11:32 PM »

You ask: "And you can confirm this is an unedited image?", It has obviously been edited numerous times and not necessarily by NASA. NASA never released that image at all! So, no I won't even try!

My question was about the image Fliggs posted, not mine. Mine was just a poke at him to see his response. I shouldn't have done that because he just got angry and went off on other, unrelated tangents.

But,
(1) Some of the earlier photos were composites - NASA said so. A photo of the Globe from much closer than geosynchronous altitude misses a lot of the surface, so earlier photos had to be composites, so what?

(2) Of course photos of the globe will look different. The image you get depends very much on the distance, and which part of the globe is in view.

(3) And the look of the photo depends on the colour treatment. All photos are taken on three or more colour channels and mixed later. Even in the days of the trusty Kodachrome we all know how much colour could vary.

Here are three "satellite" photos (one is from DSCOVR) showing all of these variations.

One thing that your and all other flat earthers just have to realise is that NASA and the numerous other space agencies are not the slightest bit interested in proving that the earth is a Globe, that was settled long, long ago.

And that picture of yours asks "Why is there never any real video of the earth spinning, only still?" Well, it would be a very, very boring video unless sped up a lot, the earth only spins at 0.007 rpm and any "time lapse" video will be claimed as "fake"!

So here is a time-lapse of the spinning earth, along with Not Again! Along with the claim "Another NASA Fake" by MrThriveAndSurvive to save you the trouble of "debunking" it!
It does not take much to pick holes in MrThriveAndSurvive's arguments, like the perennial cry "I can't see any atmosphere" - big deal, the atmosphere is effectively about 7 km thick, and the earth 12,742 km, you work it out.
Why is it that so many flat earthers, and MrThriveAndSurvive in particular, are so completely devoid of any sense of perspective or proportion?

If you are  ;D interested  ;D in the "original", all 19 secs of it, here is a link to it EPIC View of Moon Transiting the Earth

PS If Sexmaniac thinks I am making the pictures small to deceive him, let him, I couldn't care less. I am not trying to present any detail in any photos anyway, Go chase up the originals if you don't like these.

What does any of this have to do with the discussion?

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2016, 12:51:31 AM »

My question was about the image Fliggs posted, not mine. Mine was just a poke at him to see his response. I shouldn't have done that because he just got angry and went off on other, unrelated tangents.

But,

What does any of this have to do with the discussion?
Every bit as much as your post had to do with the OP, "Cool Hard Logic - Testing Flattards - Part 1".

And it seemed quite relevant to

the post i was responding to.

Images reduced to save space.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2016, 02:12:56 AM »

Every bit as much as your post had to do with the OP, "Cool Hard Logic - Testing Flattards - Part 1".

I admit that the recent posts weren't relevant to the OP. However, I'm not the one who took it in that direction. It seemed like some decent conversation could've come from it, too bad that didn't happen.

And it seemed quite relevant to

the post i was responding to.

Images reduced to save space.

I think you're confused about the order of operations in my quote. I suppose I could've separated it better, but the first part of what you quoted from me was in response to Fliggs' single image posting. I already explained that above if you'd take the time to read the thread. If you're trying to make some other point, I apologize because I don't see it.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2016, 03:00:02 AM »
I think you're confused about the order of operations in my quote. I suppose I could've separated it better, but the first part of what you quoted from me was in response to Fliggs' single image posting. I already explained that above if you'd take the time to read the thread. If you're trying to make some other point, I apologize because I don't see it.

And you are more interested in the details of debating, than in facts.
The points I were making were that
(1) even NASA claimed that the early ones were composites of satellite photos taken from low earth orbit and that the clouds were "pasted in", so what.

(2) there are good reasons for NASA's photos being different.

(3) contrary to the claims in that image there is video of the rotating earth from space, not "real time", that would be a bit useless, and none from geostationary weather satellites - for obvious reasons.

But, since this does fit into your debating ideas, just forget I posted it!

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2016, 03:14:37 AM »

And you are more interested in the details of debating, than in facts.
The points I were making were that
(1) even NASA claimed that the early ones were composites of satellite photos taken from low earth orbit and that the clouds were "pasted in", so what.

(2) there are good reasons for NASA's photos being different.

(3) contrary to the claims in that image there is video of the rotating earth from space, not "real time", that would be a bit useless, and none from geostationary weather satellites - for obvious reasons.

But, since this does fit into your debating ideas, just forget I posted it!

I wasn't debating any of the points you're trying to make here. You round earth logicians sure read a lot into such a short statement. Oh well, you keep doing you.

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2017, 12:17:33 AM »
This thread seemed to turn away from the original post. Ignoring his condescension, does anyone have any refuting evidence/math against CHL's video?

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2017, 04:18:25 AM »
This thread seemed to turn away from the original post. Ignoring his condescension, does anyone have any refuting evidence/math against CHL's video?
Not I!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2017, 10:22:55 AM »
Master degree in what? Gender Studies?  How about you claim you have a science degree and doing a PhD in a science discipline.  If anything you say is even remotely true it will be an Arts Degree where you havent touched maths or science since primary school.
Whoops, I missed that question. Computer science. My PhD is likely going to attempt to develop a novel approach to sentiment analysis.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume