Rama Set

Cool Hard Logic - Testing Flattards - Part 1
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »

Cool Hard Logic begins a 4 part series debunkning FE Theory.  Right off the bat, it looks like did not research much here, because he is missing some of the more sophisticated solutions to the problems he points out.  Still some good points are made and he is a funny dude.

Other than his derision of FEers, what do members think are the good/bad points he makes in this video?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
Re: Cool Hard Logic - Testing Flattards - Part 1
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 08:22:10 AM »

I think he should of gone less on the outright derision, more for the humour. When you are shooting fish in a barrel it's a bit crass to shout insults.
Look forward to the rest though.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:43:34 PM »

I think he should of gone less on the outright derision, more for the humour. When you are shooting fish in a barrel it's a bit crass to shout insults.
Look forward to the rest though.
There are quite a few series on this theme.
Many contain good material, but I rarely quote them, partly for your reasons, but also for the excessive use of foul language.
I know many here might use said language, but would still ignore a video against their beliefs using too much of it.
A few of these series are:
          "Jeranism- FLAT Wrong!" by Reds Rhetoric
          "The Earth Is Flat, Rory Cooper Says So! Part I: The Polaris Conundrum." by Mahrai Ziller
          "The Earth is Flat, Rory Cooper says so! Part II: The Horizon" by Mahrai Ziller
          "Revisting the Pole Stars Conundrum" by Mahrai Ziller
          "Flat Out Stupid, The Jeranism Files: Episode 1" by SciStrike ! - long!
          "Return of Flat Out Stupid: SpaceX" by Flat Out Stupid - The Jeranism Files: Antarctica - long!

Some contain useful information in "The Horizon", especially about not rising to eye-level.

Offline fliggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 08:42:21 AM »

Cool Hard Logic begins a 4 part series debunkning FE Theory.  Right off the bat, it looks like did not research much here, because he is missing some of the more sophisticated solutions to the problems he points out.  Still some good points are made and he is a funny dude.

Other than his derision of FEers, what do members think are the good/bad points he makes in this video?

Brilliantly done and funny as.  its not like it is hard to debunk flattards, but he did it with great humor.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 09:08:50 PM »
Right off the bat, it looks like did not research much here, because he is missing some of the more sophisticated solutions to the problems he points out.

Seems to make a lot of assumptions as well. Most notably that we are all religious nuts. It's hard to effectively insult someone on the grounds of stupidity when you yourself are standing on a pile if ignorant assumptions.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 11:14:35 AM »
CHL is always entertaining, but he has the unfortunate tendency to say what the groups he's addressing "must" believe rather than what they *do* believe. He ends up debunking a strawman, and his follower base is not critical enough to verify his assumptions.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 12:18:41 PM »
CHL is always entertaining, but he has the unfortunate tendency to say what the groups he's addressing "must" believe rather than what they *do* believe. He ends up debunking a strawman, and his follower base is not critical enough to verify his assumptions.
I'm not at all keen on his attitude,
He's a bit too much like those terrible videos from Eric Dubay, Jeranism and TheMorgile for my liking, though these are full of so many errors of simple fact that they lose all credibility.

I came here partly to escape those videos and find a more reasoned approach to the flat earth.

Rama Set

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 03:28:37 PM »

In that vein of video I think Potholer54 does a much better job of just dealing with facts and claims.

Offline fliggs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 05:10:24 AM »
I'm not at all keen on his attitude,
He's a bit too much like those terrible videos from Eric Dubay, Jeranism and TheMorgile for my liking, though these are full of so many errors of simple fact that they lose all credibility.

I came here partly to escape those videos and find a more reasoned approach to the flat earth.

Isnt the entire notion of a 'reasoned approach to flat earth' ridiculous in its own right? If reasons comes even close the FE the entire thing is demolished.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 05:43:16 AM »
Isnt the entire notion of a 'reasoned approach to flat earth' ridiculous in its own right?

No.

If reasons comes even close the FE the entire thing is demolished.

Objectively false. It's always cute when round earthers who barely have an understanding of their own model come here and make an assessment along these lines.

Offline fliggs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 08:47:30 AM »
Isnt the entire notion of a 'reasoned approach to flat earth' ridiculous in its own right?

No.

Objectively false. It's always cute when round earthers who barely have an understanding of their own model come here and make an assessment along these lines.

And always funny to hear FEers talk about Rounders not understanding 'their model' as if it is a model based on some kind of faith. Spherical earth is a fact  and not subject to reinterpretation or faith. Damn it, you can even SEE the curvature of the earth if you possess eyesight and a double-digit IQ. In the meantime, FEers dont even agree on their model. They cant create a map, cant explain the sun, the moon, the horizon or explain how a billion people in 'the conspiracy' can keep quiet about it, nevermind explain WHY it would be kept quiet.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 02:41:09 PM »

And always funny to hear FEers talk about Rounders not understanding 'their model' as if it is a model based on some kind of faith.

That's a nice strawman you've made. A pretty common RE tactic.

Spherical earth is a fact

Well it sure is tough to argue with that irrefutable logic.

Damn it, you can even SEE the curvature of the earth if you possess eyesight and a double-digit IQ.

Where and how can you see the curvature? And how is IQ related?

In the meantime, FEers dont even agree on their model.

It's almost like different people can have different thoughts or opinions...

They cant create a map, cant explain the sun, the moon, the horizon

Actually, FEers have created several maps. The sun, moon, and horizon have been explained. You should try searching the forum.

or explain how a billion people in 'the conspiracy' can keep quiet about it, nevermind explain WHY it would be kept quiet.

Why would there be a billion people involved in a conspiracy?

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 06:33:25 PM »

No.

Please refrain from low content posting and so on and so forth.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 07:43:19 PM »

No.

Please refrain from low content posting and so on and so forth.

Actually, you are the one here making low-content posts. You are also not a moderator, so please refrain from acting like one. Warned.

Offline fliggs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 10:21:21 PM »

And always funny to hear FEers talk about Rounders not understanding 'their model' as if it is a model based on some kind of faith.

That's a nice strawman you've made. A pretty common RE tactic.

Spherical earth is a fact

Well it sure is tough to argue with that irrefutable logic.

Damn it, you can even SEE the curvature of the earth if you possess eyesight and a double-digit IQ.

Where and how can you see the curvature? And how is IQ related?

In the meantime, FEers dont even agree on their model.

It's almost like different people can have different thoughts or opinions...

They cant create a map, cant explain the sun, the moon, the horizon

Actually, FEers have created several maps. The sun, moon, and horizon have been explained. You should try searching the forum.

or explain how a billion people in 'the conspiracy' can keep quiet about it, nevermind explain WHY it would be kept quiet.

Why would there be a billion people involved in a conspiracy?

I will answer two of your questions. Curvature. yes, you can see it and it has been witnessed about a gazillion times. But I have noticed that FEers cant see it no matter how pronouced. We see it from aircraft - but FEers dont. We see it from space, but FEers dont. We see it on very large fat areas, but FEers dont.  So yes, billions of people have seen the curvature.

Low IQ.  It is an observation that FEers tend to be poorly educated and of below-average intelligence and/or have mental health challenges. EVERY SINGLE ONE. If you can find me a prominent scientist who is a FEer I will retract that claim forthwith.  ad when I mean scientist I mean university educated and qualified, not some self-proclaimed 'scientist' with a year 8 education

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 10:30:27 PM »

I will answer two of your questions. Curvature. yes, you can see it and it has been witnessed about a gazillion times. But I have noticed that FEers cant see it no matter how pronouced. We see it from aircraft - but FEers dont. We see it from space, but FEers dont. We see it on very large fat areas, but FEers dont.  So yes, billions of people have seen the curvature.

What were the conditions which you have seen it from an aircraft? Do you know what would be required to notice curvature assuming a round-earth? Also, where do you see it on "very large fat areas?" I am actually interested in your response. This goes back to my previous statement that many of you round earthers don't understand your own model, but sure to like to repeat things they've heard from others. I'd like for you to prove me wrong.

Low IQ.  It is an observation that FEers tend to be poorly educated and of below-average intelligence and/or have mental health challenges. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Going to need some evidence for this one, champ.

If you can find me a prominent scientist who is a FEer I will retract that claim forthwith.  ad when I mean scientist I mean university educated and qualified, not some self-proclaimed 'scientist' with a year 8 education

This request is irrelevant. Other than satisfying your own arbitrary conditions, it is also a logical fallacy.

So far, there is only one person I have seen in this thread guilty of what you are claiming, and that is you. It seems you have some issues with projection. You might want to work on that. You should also work on providing evidence for your bold claims, otherwise it is simply nonsensical conjecture.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 10:32:17 PM »
We see it from aircraft - but FEers dont. We see it from space, but FEers dont.
Well, yes, that would be a geometric impossibility bearing in mind the size of the round Earth model, and the altitudes at which aircraft fly. If you can see curvature from aircraft, then you have just dismissed the scientific consensus. Welcome aboard, brother!

Low IQ.
Interesting. I would never brag about my Mensa membership, but... ;)

It is an observation that FEers tend to be poorly educated and of below-average intelligence and/or have mental health challenges. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
I hold a Master's degree, and I'm currently in very early stages of my PhD (much to Jura's dismay).

If you can find me a prominent scientist who is a FEer I will retract that claim forthwith.
Eh, I guess you'll have to give me like 10 years before I get there. Watch this space.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 10:35:10 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline fliggs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 01:22:25 AM »

What were the conditions which you have seen it from an aircraft? Do you know what would be required to notice curvature assuming a round-earth? Also, where do you see it on "very large fat areas?" I am actually interested in your response. This goes back to my previous statement that many of you round earthers don't understand your own model, but sure to like to repeat things they've heard from others. I'd like for you to prove me wrong.

Low IQ.  It is an observation that FEers tend to be poorly educated and of below-average intelligence and/or have mental health challenges. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

If you can find me a prominent scientist who is a FEer I will retract that claim forthwith.  ad when I mean scientist I mean university educated and qualified, not some self-proclaimed 'scientist' with a year 8 education

This request is irrelevant. Other than satisfying your own arbitrary conditions, it is also a logical fallacy.

So far, there is only one person I have seen in this thread guilty of what you are claiming, and that is you. It seems you have some issues with projection. You might want to work on that. You should also work on providing evidence for your bold claims, otherwise it is simply nonsensical conjecture.

Like shooting fish in a barrel.  if FE had any credbility as a viable alternative model, there would be at least ONE reputable scientist who supports it or gives it credence. All I asked is that you show me ONE.  But naturally you declined.

And my claim is that Flat Earthers are of low IQ and poorly educated. Now if you wish to dispute that then show me evidence that disproves it. For the vast majority of people, belief in FE itself is evidence of poor education and low IQ.

Over to you to see if you can offer any evidence or proof to counter my claims.  I dont expect much for the aforementioned reasons.

Offline fliggs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 01:24:10 AM »
We see it from aircraft - but FEers dont. We see it from space, but FEers dont.
Well, yes, that would be a geometric impossibility bearing in mind the size of the round Earth model, and the altitudes at which aircraft fly. If you can see curvature from aircraft, then you have just dismissed the scientific consensus. Welcome aboard, brother!

Low IQ.
Interesting. I would never brag about my Mensa membership, but... ;)

It is an observation that FEers tend to be poorly educated and of below-average intelligence and/or have mental health challenges. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
I hold a Master's degree, and I'm currently in very early stages of my PhD (much to Jura's dismay).

If you can find me a prominent scientist who is a FEer I will retract that claim forthwith.
Eh, I guess you'll have to give me like 10 years before I get there. Watch this space.

Master degree in what? Gender Studies?  How about you claim you have a science degree and doing a PhD in a science discipline.  If anything you say is even remotely true it will be an Arts Degree where you havent touched maths or science since primary school.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Cool Hard Logic - Testing Flattards - Part 1
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 01:49:07 AM »

Like shooting fish in a barrel.  if FE had any credbility as a viable alternative model, there would be at least ONE reputable scientist who supports it or gives it credence. All I asked is that you show me ONE.  But naturally you declined.

So you have no evidence for your claims. Gotcha

And my claim is that Flat Earthers are of low IQ and poorly educated. Now if you wish to dispute that then show me evidence that disproves it. For the vast majority of people, belief in FE itself is evidence of poor education and low IQ.

You really don't understand how burden of proof works, do you? It isn't my job to provide evidence to counter your baseless, nonsensical claims. It your job to prove your claims. Of course you can't prove it, so you try to deflect. I do appreciate you showing everyone that you lack a grasp of simple logic, though.

Over to you to see if you can offer any evidence or proof to counter my claims.  I dont expect much for the aforementioned reasons.

Sorry friend, you've failed again. I would suggest doing some research to understand the basics of how logic works. You clearly don't understand it, and your failures are making you look worse with every post. Good luck, friend!