Offline truth

• View Profile
History questionning
« on: November 08, 2016, 07:30:26 AM »
How's that people thought the earth to be flat while it so obvious the sun is setting everyday, were they in the middle ages and before so dumb to think that the sun sink in the sea ?, it should be a big sage for people all over the world to debate why the hell the sun going to down every dawn.

Second they could see their ships do similar thing as the sun, as we all know, so why people were so ignorant and did not consider the option of convex earth ?

Those are simple question for common people not scientific one, please tell me how those people couldn't do the right "math".

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: History questionning
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
Are you asking about modern folks, contemporaries of you and me, or people from some historical period?
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 08:57:01 PM »
How's that people thought the earth to be flat while it so obvious the sun is setting everyday, were they in the middle ages and before so dumb to think that the sun sink in the sea ?, it should be a big sage for people all over the world to debate why the hell the sun going to down every dawn.

Second they could see their ships do similar thing as the sun, as we all know, so why people were so ignorant and did not consider the option of convex earth ?

Those are simple question for common people not scientific one, please tell me how those people couldn't do the right "math".
It's a myth that the earth was generally believed to be flat. That whole string of thought is fairly modern.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:47:46 PM »

It's a myth that the earth was generally believed to be flat. That whole string of thought is fairly modern.

It's a myth that that's a myth.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 09:06:29 PM »

It's a myth that that's a myth.
No, it's a myth that it's a myth that that's a myth. And, before you ask for evidence, I gave just as much as you did -  none!

By the way on November 03, 2016 at 04:42:07 PM, you the following quite demanding request:

Please post any and all scientific evidence that the Earth is a ball moving through space around the Sun.

By scientific, I obviously mean something with the highest standard of scientific method, something with reproducible results from here on Earth. Not equations, hypotheses, or pictures from space, not just observations twisted to support any particular world-view. Something that involves an actual experiment, has been peer reviewed.

I'm looking for any scientific experiment that proves the Earth is actually moving, in particular. Thanks in advance.

Others made replies, which you, as always, deemed inadequate.
Any sort of complete answer to questions which took some 2,000 years to resolve would be impossible, but I did make an effort at a short version i this post:
Scientific evidence that the Earth is a ball moving through space around the Sun « Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 02:11:35 AM »

So far I have not seen the slightest hint that you even bothered to look at it, let alone a comment.

I should have realised that putting any effort into answering your posts isn't worth the effort, as any time you deign to reply it's with nothing more than a brush off.

You're just the "perpetual agnostic", never prepared to commit yourself,

Well goodbye, have a nice day. I'll know better next time and not bother!