Stars in Northern and Southern Hemisphere
« on: October 29, 2016, 01:09:30 AM »
I have asked this before, but if the Flat Earth model were to be true, please explain the stars only seen in the northern or southern hemisphere?

I waited for an answer... And I didn't get one.
Any Flat Earthers there willing to answer?

(By the way, I don't see the answer for my question anywhere in the wiki.)
"Science never solves a problem without creating ten more." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 03:49:59 AM »
Do you have evidence to support your claim?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 04:09:33 AM by junker »

Re: Stars in Northern and Southern Hemisphere
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 04:17:19 AM »
The people who live outside the fish bowl have LED lights hanging and choose when to turn them on

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 04:37:41 AM »
I myself can testify to this claim.  I served for six years in the US Navy, and made several cruises to the Southern Hemisphere.  During which we could no longer see such Northern Hemisphere stars as Polaris, but could see Southern Hemisphere stars such as the Southern Cross.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 04:57:26 AM »
What would you accept as evidence?
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 05:12:32 AM »

Evidence would be a good start...

Maybe something beyond an anecdote.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 08:09:39 AM »
Rowbotham claims
MOTION OF STARS NORTH AND SOUTH.

IT has often been urged that the earth must be a globe, because the stars in the southern "hemisphere" move round a south polar star; in the same way that those of the north revolve round "Polaris," or the northern pole star.[/size]

Well, I live in the Southern Hemisphere and all I have to do is look out th back door and see the Southern Cross (Crux) almost any time on any night. I am a bit close to the  equator to see it all of every night. I cannot see Sigma Octantis (it is too faint), but I can see that the Southern Cross does rotate about a point around 30° above the horizon.

And I most certainly cannot see Polaris at any time.

So, as far as I am concerned the "Southern Stars" certainly do rotate about a single point due south. But then Rowbothan claims
But if the earth is a globe, Sigma Octantis a south pole star, and the Southern Cross a southern circumpolar constellation, they would all be visible at the same time from every longitude on the same latitude, as is the case with the northern pole star and the northern circumpolar constellations. Such, however, is strangely not the case; Sir James Clarke Ross did not see it until he was 8° south of the equator, and in longitude 30° W.

He incorrectly claims that "the Southern Cross a southern circumpolar constellation . . . . . . . . . would . . . be visible at the same time from every longitude on the same latitude".
No-one claims that the Southern Cross is "visible at the same time from every longitude on the same latitude", it is about 30° from the South Celestial Pole, so can only be seen at all times (at night of course) at latitudes further south than 30° S.

So, this is my evidence, I can see the Souther Cross, and the location of the South Celestial Pole and I can never see Polaris.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2016, 11:26:52 AM »

Evidence would be a good start...

Maybe something beyond an anecdote.

We have people who live in the southern hemisphere personally confirming that they can see the Southern Cross and cannot see Polaris. Is that beyond an anecdote? If one of them had the equipment to take a picture and post it would you consider that beyond an anecdote? Rabinoz has read up on what Rowbotham has to say about it and offered a rebuttal. In my experience that is how an actual discussion works.

I still want to know what you would accept as evidence and I am interested in what your actual response is to the point Rabinoz made regarding Rowbothan's claims.

Also this.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:35:13 AM by Boots »
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2016, 10:52:43 PM »
Let's now take this discussion to the next level because there is TRUTH out there, but it's scattered all over the place and scattered like a puzzle and we have to put the pieces together.

It is a known fact that all the pyramids around the world, flat or round perfectly align with certain stars in the sky.  Every Continent including Antarctica have Pyramids and LOT's of them.  China has a ton that they are hiding.

I took a nap and when I woke up, Youtube was playing random stuff and this Video was playing.   I'm going to start watching it and it has almost 3 Million views. 

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2016, 01:18:22 AM »
We have people who live in the southern hemisphere personally confirming that they can see the Southern Cross and cannot see Polaris. Is that beyond an anecdote?
No... it's basically the definition of the word...

If one of them had the equipment to take a picture and post it would you consider that beyond an anecdote?
Yes, quite literally.

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2016, 02:03:25 AM »
We have people who live in the southern hemisphere personally confirming that they can see the Southern Cross and cannot see Polaris. Is that beyond an anecdote?
No... it's basically the definition of the word...

If one of them had the equipment to take a picture and post it would you consider that beyond an anecdote?
Yes, quite literally.

If you're north of the equator but south of a latitude of about 25 degrees, which is around say Hawaii and parts of northern Africa, you can still see the Southern Cross.

"But unlike us in the Southern Hemisphere, you won't see it all year round"

"If you were in Hawaii and looking south in May/June, you would see the cross, standing upright and pointing towards the South Pole," says Watson.

So why can't you see the Southern Cross any further north, or all year round for that matter?

The curvature of the Earth gets in the way.

"Constellations move in the sky as your latitude changes, so you see different parts of the sky for different lengths of time," explains Watson.

"That's why you see the Southern Cross all year long in the Southern Hemisphere, for only six months at the equator, and for shorter and shorter periods of time the further north you go."

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2016, 02:21:12 AM »
Sucks to be you that you live in a location that has too much LIGHT POLLUTION.   I live in Nevada and can see the stars better than you.   More proof then next you want someone to give you money to fly to that location to see yourself, but knowing your logic you'll just keep the money

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:23:09 AM by Sirius_Gulf201 »

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 02:32:33 AM »
With all the wonderful hacking going on in the world today.  14yo kids able to hack NASA and The Pentagon who spend endless Millions and Billions on Network Security which always can get hacked.  How come no one in Africa or lower hemisphere able to hack into the same Satellite and listen to Sirius/XM Radio using the same device ?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:46:37 AM by Sirius_Gulf201 »

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 02:40:41 AM »

Yes, quite literally.

Can any of you Southern Hemispherian members take a picture of the night sky including the Southern Cross and post it? I would attempt it myself but I am in the Northern Hemisphere. I may be in the Southern Hemisphere in about a year and could try it then but it would be nice if someone posted one sooner. I could find one and post it but I doubt that would be acceptable. It might not be considered anecdotal but I'm quite sure it would be rejected for some reason or other. (FWIW I have been in the southern hemisphere and have personally observed the southern stars.)

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 02:46:45 AM »
Oh yea, I happen to own several thousand shares of Nokia stock.  Nokia bought out Lucent Technology which owns all those Fiber Cables running under the Sea and the Sirius/XM is not the way to tap into and it's from Satellite.  Last news I heard is this comming November 2nd, Nokia will purchase the X remaining shares of Lucent and fully 100% own all of Lucent.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 02:52:31 AM »
Sucks to be you that you live in a location that has too much LIGHT POLLUTION.   I live in Nevada and can see the stars better than you.   More proof then next you want someone to give you money to fly to that location to see yourself, but knowing your logic you'll just keep the money

Where would that be? I have literally been all over Nevada. I've stayed outside of Tonopah, Goldfield, Yerington, Fallon, Reno, Carson, Tahoe, and more. While there are good views of stars, I've never seen a vivid view of the Milky Way.

Given your nonsensical conjecture, and absolute lack of proof, there's no reason to believe anything you say. So, please, feel free to keep making up stories. It makes for good entertainment.

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 02:55:50 AM »
LOL, you see their logic, Santa Claus could have painted any of those pictures according to their logic.    I've already now established Ground vs Satellite Communication. 

junker is a complete liar to say she has been to those locations and not seen any good views, not to mention the Southern Cross which you obviously can not see from Nevada

I say junker is a she because she will never show any substantial proof that she is really a man.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 03:05:52 AM by Sirius_Gulf201 »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 03:48:58 AM »
LOL, you see their logic, Santa Claus could have painted any of those pictures according to their logic.    I've already now established Ground vs Satellite Communication. 

junker is a complete liar to say she has been to those locations and not seen any good views, not to mention the Southern Cross which you obviously can not see from Nevada

I say junker is a she because she will never show any substantial proof that she is really a man.

Yikes... I hope you realize how foolish you are making yourself look right now. You've crossed well past the line of intellectual dishonesty at this point.

I never mentioned anything about the Southern Cross, so that's simply irrelevant. I also specifically said there are good views. Given that you continue to deflect and refuse to provide any details, everyone can easily assume you are making up nonsense.

Anyway, once you decide to act like an adult, maybe we can have an actual discussion. If you actually live anywhere near Nevada and find yourself in Vegas let me know. I'd be happy to buy you a beer and bury the hatchet.

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2016, 05:08:14 AM »

I've never seen a vivid view of the Milky Way.
[/quote]

Whatever your definition of vivid is irreverent and a lie. 

Sorry, but you are being setup and used as the sacrificial lamb.  I've cracked the code of the whole basis of the psychological mind f-uk games that goes on in this forum.

The point is it does not matter what proof you show me personally nor does it prove if 10 people in this forum have been given personal proof.  The point of matter is educating the masses and any future visitors of this forum to all agree on the same founding basis and agreeing the answer is true.

You can have all the proof in the world but you will never have any substantial proof to prove anyone and have everyone agree you are a Male Human on this Internet message board   :-*

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 05:12:17 AM »
Wow, I managed to crack the BS code here in under 30 posts.  Granted I may have had 5 SPAM picture posts that I deleted, but I do not have 4299 posts and soon to have 4300+ post history on this mind F-uk message board

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 05:57:42 AM by Sirius_Gulf201 »