Re: Veganism is a handicap of the religions
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 03:44:36 AM »
Plus, have you seen alpacas after they've been sheared? That shit is hilarious. Their necks are all skinny but their heads are still poofy c:

İntikam

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 12:07:06 PM »
Increasing the number of the vegans probably makes the foods cheaper and accessible. some of this is relevant caused by the free market economy.

I don't fully agree with you there. Demand obviously plays a role, but there are some regions where vegan food is simply less accessible.

For instance, I went to high school in a tiny town in the mountains. The area was dry and often cold. There were ranches, but agriculture wasn't really a thing. That means that produce had to be shipped in from other places, or you had to spend gas money to drive to a city and get it. Even if all ~1000 citizens happened to be vegan, you can't get around the fact that acquiring vegan food will cost more money. And the quality and variety of that food won't be great either.

I'm thinking that you don't understand the "free market economy". much in demand causes an increase in production. production causes increasing competition. the increased competition lowers prices and increases the diversity.

what you said however, is valid only when food production is insufficient. we, we don't live in that world. if you have the money or if is there enough demand, then anything the amount you want can be produced.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 12:09:37 PM by İntikam »

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 09:42:00 PM »
Every time I see a baby animal I think about how horrible it is to eat them when they grow up.

That's funny because whenever I see a baby cow my stomach starts rumbling.

Seriously though you should try to get over this. Animals eat other animals, it's a natural part of life.

I think it's more so the fact that those cute little piglets completely trust and rely on you until the day you decide to have pork chops for dinner. A gazelle knows the lion is going to try to it eats ass. We've lulled these wild animals into domestication and this false sense of comfort, so I guess it's more a violation of the trust those cute little piggies have for us that bothers me lol.

Pigs can be dangerous. They are known to kill and eat people. And a pissed off bull, (it does't take much) is well, I've been known to take one step then jump and clear a 6 foot fence. And I'm not alone. Fear is a GREAT motivator at times.

Humans are omnivores. God gave us teeth for ripping and chewing meat. I am NOT about to tell God He got it wrong.

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 04:01:06 AM »
Every time I see a baby animal I think about how horrible it is to eat them when they grow up. Every being is basically sharing the same experience, which is basically just trying not to die. Who are we to decide what lives and dies.

But then I think about Bacon.

We have observed that the lifeless corporeal husk of a piglet remains on this material plane after it has demonstrated a continuous lack of response to stimuli, turning into bacon.

Life begins its irrevocable bond with death the moment it begins. There is no exception for pigs.

Which came first the bacon or the pig?

İntikam

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 08:40:41 AM »
Every time I see a baby animal I think about how horrible it is to eat them when they grow up.

Seriously though you should try to get over this. Animals eat other animals, it's a natural part of life.

I think it's more so the fact that those cute little piglets completely trust and rely on you until the day you decide to have pork chops for dinner. A gazelle knows the lion is going to try to it eats ass. We've lulled these wild animals into domestication and this false sense of comfort, so I guess it's more a violation of the trust those cute little piggies have for us that bothers me lol.

Pigs can be dangerous. They are known to kill and eat people. And a pissed off bull, (it does't take much) is well, I've been known to take one step then jump and clear a 6 foot fence. And I'm not alone. Fear is a GREAT motivator at times.

Humans are omnivores. God gave us teeth for ripping and chewing meat. I am NOT about to tell God He got it wrong.

this should be a joke.

did you choose the pig as dangerous animal? so what about the lion the crocodile? or is a lamb is too dangerous?

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 10:23:53 AM »

this should be a joke.

did you choose the pig as dangerous animal? so what about the lion the crocodile? or is a lamb is too dangerous?

You might read the entire set of posts you quoted in your response before you decide to pull the "holier than thou" routine. Or do you like going out of your way to take a post out of context?

At any rate I responded about pigs, because pigs and only pigs were the subject of the post I was responding to.

Lambs? I don't recall eating lamb. I do know that lamb is eaten in both the Old and New Testament. What have you got against God and Jesus?

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 03:55:44 AM »

this should be a joke.

You might read the entire set of posts you quoted in your response before you decide to pull the "holier than thou" routine. Or do you like going out of your way to take a post out of context?

At any rate I responded about pigs, because pigs and only pigs were the subject of the post I was responding to.

Lambs? I don't recall eating lamb. I do know that lamb is eaten in both the Old and New Testament. What have you got against God and Jesus?

Lamb is my favorite meat. Serve it in vinegar and its heaven on earth. I haven't tasted deer meat though.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 10:54:06 AM »

this should be a joke.

Lamb is my favorite meat. Serve it in vinegar and its heaven on earth. I haven't tasted deer meat though.

I like Mule Deer better than White Tailed Deer. Never tasted Elk. But the best member of the deer family I've eaten is Moose.

İntikam

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 08:56:44 PM »
You are not ready to learn everything but still you are deflecting.

Human don't need to eat the animals. But somebody claim it as a religion. This is not fair and appropriate.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:58:37 PM by İntikam »

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 09:11:18 PM »

Human don't need to eat the animals. But somebody claim it as a religion. This is not fair and appropriate.

I dont understand your stance.

Do you think eating meat is bad, or good?

İntikam

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 09:39:26 PM »

Surely eating meat is bad. how is it be a good thing?

To kill a creature and eat it. This is not fair and ethical. What we feel if another animal continuesly kills and eats our friends and our family members? This is a terrible atrocity.

As a human we have strong so we can easily kill and eat other animals. I said that this is not fair and ethical. To see it requires a bit empathy.

Religions allow to do it, but here there is a mistake according to ethical values, human values, moral values.

Offline Round fact

• View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 09:57:00 PM »

To kill a creature and eat it. This is not fair and ethical. What we feel if another animal continuesly kills and eats our friends and our family members? This is a terrible atrocity.

As a human we have strong so we can easily kill and eat other animals. I said that this is not fair and ethical. To see it requires a bit empathy.

Religions allow to do it, but here there is a mistake according to ethical values, human values, moral values.

Let me understand what your are saying. NOT believing in a Flat Earth is going against God and He will come and kill me and take me to hell. BUT telling God He is wrong about the teeth He gave me for eating meat is fine and dandy?

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 10:02:32 PM »

But it's nature, dude. I don't understand where you get the idea that humans eating meat started with religion (if that is what you're saying? ?). We evolved as omnivorous creatures; questions about the ethics of how we treat the animals we farm aside, it's no more unethical for us to eat meat than it is for a cat to eat a mouse (or a cow to eat grass for that matter) .
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 01:36:30 AM »

this should be a joke.

I like Mule Deer better than White Tailed Deer. Never tasted Elk. But the best member of the deer family I've eaten is Moose.

I've tasted caribou (aren't they similar?) and it tasted a lot like steak. Moose reminds me of unseasoned lamb but maybe that's because of how it was served. I don't think they put Any seasoning on it.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 01:39:53 AM »

Wait, I thought in OP you was saying that vegan ism is wrong. Unless there's a third choice out there. Aliens? Anyway what ethical values? Why should I care?

İntikam

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2016, 08:30:57 PM »

Wait, I thought in OP you was saying that vegan ism is wrong. Unless there's a third choice out there. Aliens? Anyway what ethical values? Why should I care?

When did i say veganism is wrong? I don't remember anything i said that mean.

İntikam

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 08:36:49 PM »

Let me understand what your are saying. NOT believing in a Flat Earth is going against God and He will come and kill me and take me to hell. BUT telling God He is wrong about the teeth He gave me for eating meat is fine and dandy?

Am i talking myself?

I didn't say God is wrong on this matter. I told that religions encourage the killing and eating to animals. This don't means God saying to kill the animals.

I everytime say that God don't make mistake but human changes his words with their ideas.

For example.

One of the ten Commandments is that:

"Thou shalt not kill". (Where is men?)

Also you can't show me god saying on bible, torah or quran that "kill that animal". It is impossible. But if most of men thinking like this, this is not God's mistake.

Do you see on it a word like "human?" No. But man comments that "God said don't kill human". Look to original source, it doesn't writing "don't kill human" Its just: "Thou shalt not kill". (Where is human?)

Like this example.

I told there is a mistake but to find out the problem is not my job. There is good scholars on the world. They should to solve problem, not me.

Look it: Number 6: "Do not murder."

LOOK THE ORIGINAL FORM TO UNDERSTAND THE GAME!

Thou shalt not kill   13[28]   17[28]

But human changes the mean "murder" and giving it a mean "murder so talking about human". No. It's just "DONT KILL ! (HUMAN OR ANIMAL) because kill word has broad mean contains man and animals of all. "

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:53:26 PM by İntikam »

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 09:15:53 PM »

Am i talking myself?

I didn't say God is wrong on this matter. I told that religions encourage the killing and eating to animals. This don't means God saying to kill the animals.

I everytime say that God don't make mistake but human changes his words with their ideas.

For example.

Also you can't show me god saying on bible, torah or quran that "kill that animal". It is impossible. But if most of men thinking like this, this is not God's mistake.

Do you see on it a word like "human?" No. But man comments that "God said don't kill human". Look to original source, it doesn't writing "don't kill human" Its just: "Thou shalt not kill". (Where is human?)

Like this example.

I told there is a mistake but to find out the problem is not my job. There is good scholars on the world. They should to solve problem, not me.

But human changes the mean "murder" and giving it a mean "murder so talking about human". No. It's just "DONT KILL ! (HUMAN OR ANIMAL) because kill word has broad mean contains man and animals of all. "

It might say that as one of the commandments but there are literally chapters worth of things related to not only which animals you should or shouldn't eat but how to sacrifice them to God.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2016, 09:29:48 PM »

When did i say veganism is wrong? I don't remember anything i said that mean.

Your first post here. You were saying how veganism can destroy poor economies. Unless I read that wrong.

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2016, 09:33:25 PM »

Am i talking myself?

For example.

Like this example.

It might say that as one of the commandments but there are literally chapters worth of things related to not only which animals you should or shouldn't eat but how to sacrifice them to God.

Right. In context it's saying "thou shalt not murder". There are also plenty of verses (which the skeptics love to use) that condones and even commands the killing of certain people in either war, punishment, or self defense.