Re: what does the flat earth look like mapped out?
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 04:49:47 PM »
There are no scientists/engineers/physicists/astronomers who are flat earthers

This feels like a fantastic generalization.  What evidence do you have to support this claim?

What evidence do you have that there are any ?

I don't recall making a claim... surely you can back your claim up with evidence.

I haven't seen any evidence that there were some flat earth scientists, engineers, physicists, astronomers, et cetera, et cetera and so forth.........So-o-o-o-o-o-o..........I just assumed there weren't any........And surely if there was a flat earth cartographer, we would have seen an ACCURATE flat earth map by now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 05:00:04 PM by geckothegeek »
Stick close to your P.C's and never go to sea
And You All may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Yes, Never, Never, Never go to sea
Just look out your windows,
Flat ! Flat ! Flat !
Is all that you shall see !

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »
I haven't seen any evidence that there were some flat earth scientists, engineers, physicists, astronomers, et cetera, et cetera and so forth.........So-o-o-o-o-o-o..........I just assumed there weren't any........And surely if there was a flat earth cartographer, we would have seen an ACCURATE flat earth map by now.

How are any aspiring Flat Earth Cartographers supposed to explore the world without the support of the public to fund its ventures like they do for other fields?

Offline Flatout

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 07:53:06 PM »
I think if those within the flat earth community were making discoveries that lead to changes in engineering, navigation, and science there would be funding.  There is no funding because presently there is only discourse about how deceptive every authoritative agency is.

Offline Rama Set

• Round and round...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 07:54:55 PM »
How are any aspiring Flat Earth Cartographers supposed to explore the world without the support of the public to fund its ventures like they do for other fields?

Why are you making excuses?  Find private donators.  There are wealthy people who recently have made comments supporting the FE idea, no doubt there are others who have no made public comments.  Stop hiding and actually do something!
FE'ism requires suspension of disbelief...

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 09:51:33 PM »

Crowd-fund it, if people were willing to pledge £87,000 to build Minas Tirith in England and this community is growing as much as Pinky & the Brain have been crowing, then it should be a breeze.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

No one infers a god from the simple, from the known, from what is understood, but from the complex, the unknown, and the incomprehensible. Our ignorance is God; what we know is science. Robert Green Ingersoll

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 01:09:11 AM »
Getting back to the original subject, I would think that the very first thing that the Flat Earth Society should do would be to produce an accurate flat earth map of the entire flat earth, reasonably accutrate in all areas.

Or.........Here is a radical idea for The Flat Earth Society.:
Just admit that the fact is that the earth IS a globe and let TFES be a society for study and for exchange of ideas on how things would have to be if the earth WAS flat.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:24:53 AM by geckothegeek »

Flat ! Flat ! Flat !

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2017, 01:35:53 AM »

Why are you making excuses?  Find private donators.  There are wealthy people who recently have made comments supporting the FE idea, no doubt there are others who have no made public comments.  Stop hiding and actually do something!

If "The Flat Earth Movement" is growing as enormously and rapidly as has been suggested, surely there should be a multitude of persons eager and willing to freely donate their money , time, energy and effort in its behalf ?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 01:38:19 AM by geckothegeek »

Flat ! Flat ! Flat !

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2017, 01:49:10 AM »
Getting back to the original subject, I would think that the very first thing that the Flat Earth Society should do would be to produce an accurate flat earth map of the entire flat earth, reasonably accurate in all areas.

Or.........Here is a radical idea for The Flat Earth Society.:
Just admit that the fact is that the earth IS a globe and let TFES be a society for the study and for the exchange of ideas on how things would have to be if the earth WAS flat.
TFES could be something like The National Geographic Society....
The National Planographic Society  ?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 10:27:03 PM by geckothegeek »

Flat ! Flat ! Flat !

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2017, 07:37:19 AM »
There are no scientists/engineers/physicists/astronomers who are flat earthers

This feels like a fantastic generalization.  What evidence do you have to support this claim?

What evidence do you have that there are any ?

I don't recall making a claim... surely you can back your claim up with evidence.

I don't know why you don't just admit to making a baseless generalization.  I mean, really, you actually use the word "assumed" to describe what you were doing in your very attempt at justifying it.
Electro-Theologist, Poet, Philosopher, Musician, Etymologist, Egyptologist, Astro-Theologist, Geocentrist, Flat Earther, and Collector of Rare Books.