Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Is there a map that most Flat Earth proponents agree upon?
« on: January 23, 2016, 07:41:05 PM »
I've been to the wiki, where under the heading of "Layout of the Continents" there are two very different maps presented:  http://wiki.tfes.org/Layout_of_the_Continents  The wiki does not take a side, nor does it suggest that these are the only two options.  My question is: does one of these maps (or maybe a third one not shown on the wiki) enjoy the support of MOST of the FE community?  Enough support, so that when you and I talk about "the flat earth map" we can be sure we are talking about the same thing?
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Misero

• Evidence, Evidence, Evidence, and more Evidence.
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a map that most Flat Earth proponents agree upon?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 10:55:33 PM »
No, there is no map made with physical observations of most places. There was an expedition to be planned, however.
EDIT: Sorry, fixed it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 12:10:33 AM by Misero »
Nobody should ever follow my standard.  I am the worst moderator ever.
Yes, I'll still keep that in mind on this forum too.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:08:28 PM »
no
Hello, Round Earther, please refrain from answering questions on behalf of Flat Earthers, especially if you're going to be unhelpful.

I've been to the wiki, where under the heading of "Layout of the Continents" there are two very different maps presented:  http://wiki.tfes.org/Layout_of_the_Continents  The wiki does not take a side, nor does it suggest that these are the only two options.  My question is: does one of these maps (or maybe a third one not shown on the wiki) enjoy the support of MOST of the FE community?  Enough support, so that when you and I talk about "the flat earth map" we can be sure we are talking about the same thing?
I'm fairly sure that the FE community at large prefers this map over others:

(with some minor variants; e.g. Ferguson's or Gleason's maps)

This will be particularly true if you look beyond the Flat Earth Society. However, there are no "official" sources on the matter - it's just what I've gathered from researching the subject and following the more influential FE'ers online. In other words: yes, but your mileage will vary.

However, I would generally recommend to refrain from talking about "the" Flat Earth map. The opponents of that model will take serious offence if you do, and it's just not worth the hassle. It's better to be specific.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Misero

• Evidence, Evidence, Evidence, and more Evidence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 12:10:52 AM »
Sorry, fixed it.
Nobody should ever follow my standard.  I am the worst moderator ever.
Yes, I'll still keep that in mind on this forum too.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 01:55:58 AM »
Sorry, fixed it.
Right, so you went from a lie to a non-answer. The OP wasn't asking whether or not you - a pretentious RE'er - like the map, or whether or not you think it's accurate. He was asking what the most-supported map is among FE'ers. Could you just go away now?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume