Starting to think about it now...
« on: January 15, 2016, 11:39:26 AM »
Having always been told the earth was round I just took it at face value, I mean as a kid I only understood what was I saw. I saw a flat earth so just thought it was flat, its only years of being told its round from various sources that made me change my mind. Been reading this site and you pose some good questions. However its made me think what else has science told us that is either wrong or a lie.

It got me thinking about the sky. I mean its blue during the day, but that can't be the sun, because the sun is yellow. Then I started thinking the sea is blue right? Maybe the sky is another ocean? Like really high up? I know it goes black at night but that is easily explained by the sun going under the flat earth, or us going over it, however that works.

Looking forward to some good debate guys!

Re: Starting to think about it now...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »
Hi dontbelievetheflies,

I too have been thinking about this recently - a lot of these threads here have a very good supporting arguments and my current "beliefs" only come from what I've been told in life. In regards to your sky theory I can think of only 2 possible theories (although I'm willing to hear others :))
-From looking at maps I can see there is a lot of water on the earth. I suspect the sky may be reflective which is showing the same color as the sea - I live by the ocean and don't get out of town a whole lot so this is where I base the theory.
-Alternatively we know that water turns into steam when heated (I've seen this from boiling water in my kitchen) so potentially, the sky is like an ocean of evaporated sea water above the earth!

But back to my post - another question that interests me is if we have any idea how deep the earth is?

Any answers would be greatly appreciated :)

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »
Having always been told the earth was round I just took it at face value, I mean as a kid I only understood what was I saw. I saw a flat earth so just thought it was flat, its only years of being told its round from various sources that made me change my mind. Been reading this site and you pose some good questions. However its made me think what else has science told us that is either wrong or a lie.

It got me thinking about the sky. I mean its blue during the day, but that can't be the sun, because the sun is yellow. Then I started thinking the sea is blue right? Maybe the sky is another ocean? Like really high up? I know it goes black at night but that is easily explained by the sun going under the flat earth, or us going over it, however that works.

Looking forward to some good debate guys!
The sun is white.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline UnionsOfSolarSystemPlanet

• The Moon orbits spherical Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 09:15:25 PM »
The Sun is white and the Ocean is blue because of reflection from the blue sky. The sky is blue by Rayleigh scattering.
The size of the Solar system if the Moon were only 1 pixel:
http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html