• Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Where's the proof?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 04:04:08 AM »
But that's not my argument.
You don't have an argument, sweetheart. Allow me to summarise:

-Where's your proof?
-On our wiki. Try starting with the FAQ.
-LOL I DON'T CARE! :D

Good one.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2016, 07:49:14 AM »
Assuming a claim is "ridiculous" before evaluating it puts you at a risk of drawing conclusions from falsity. You may want to brush up on your logic, good sir.
Except through the year ive been active here, you still keep ignoring the fact that all the flightpaths you use as examples of "shorter routes on a globe" to mystify globe earth actually exist. Its just more convenient to "forget" that defending your flat earth religion.

Flightpaths are STILL not a good argument for flat earth.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2016, 02:22:24 PM »
Assuming a claim is "ridiculous" before evaluating it puts you at a risk of drawing conclusions from falsity. You may want to brush up on your logic, good sir.
Except through the year ive been active here, you still keep ignoring the fact that all the flightpaths you use as examples of "shorter routes on a globe" to mystify globe earth actually exist. Its just more convenient to "forget" that defending your flat earth religion.

Flightpaths are STILL not a good argument for flat earth.
As I pointed out.

Offline Rdrums

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 04:50:58 PM »

Watch this video.

I literally only stumpled upon this theory a couple of days ago, I am now thoroughly convinced.

I ridiculed the concept like you, only clicking on other Youtube videos out of baked curiosity.

This is the best one I found to fully flesh out the concept.
Got any summary? I don't have time for a two hour documentary.

Heres a comment I just posted on the video, you can try this yourself using Google Earth and see how ridiculous the flight path is. It makes no logical sense unless the globe is not real.

To the many sceptics ridiculing this theory, I was the same as you until a few days ago. However I just tried searching for flights (like he said in the video) between Buenos Aires and Wellington. The distance is said to be 6000 miles, and the range of the best commercial jets is now around 9000 miles according to Google. So why are all the quoted flights at least 22 hours long and have to fly north through the USA? I used Google Earth to visualise how ridiculous this would look. Makes no economic sense for the airlines.

https://www.expedia.co.nz/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from:Wellington,%20New%20Zealand%20(WLG-Wellington%20Intl.),to:Buenos%20Aires,%20Argentina%20(EZE-Ministro%20Pistarini%20Intl.),departure:27/1/2016TANYT&leg2=from:Buenos%20Aires,%20Argentina%20(EZE-Ministro%20Pistarini%20Intl.),to:Wellington,%20New%20Zealand%20(WLG-Wellington%20Intl.),departure:3/2/2016TANYT&passengers=children:0,adults:1,seniors:0,infantinlap:N&options=cabinclass:economy,sortby:price&mode=search&paandi=true

Thats the link to the air bookings site I used (hopefully it works). Seriously you need to watch the whole video and try this yourself.
You do know that airlines schedule highly irregular routes to avoid going over large amounts of open ocean, right?

And what is the justification for this? Surely GPS can easily track their movements with 3000 satellites overhead?

I think cost-conscious airlines would happily take a route that is two thirds shorter than their alternatives, with the only barrier being a tenuous fear of open water.

Like I say, I did not believe in the flat earth theory until two days ago. But nothing I can find disproves it to a satisfactory degree, in my eyes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:52:32 PM by Rdrums »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 05:37:27 PM »
all the flightpaths you use as examples of "shorter routes on a globe" to mystify globe earth actually exist
Please substantiate this outlandish claim.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 12:41:47 AM »
all the flightpaths you use as examples of "shorter routes on a globe" to mystify globe earth actually exist
Please substantiate this outlandish claim.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=64818.0
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.