geckothegeek

Warnings ?
« on: August 31, 2015, 05:06:53 PM »
I received a warning apparently  for posting some information in the Information Repository in regard to "Re: Gleason's Map Restored and Cleaned "

If the Information Repository is not a place for posting information, what is it ???

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Warnings ?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 05:12:51 PM »
Don't post in the Flat Earth Information Repository forum unless you have some information about the flat Earth.  Don't post in the Flat Earth Questions and Answers forum unless you have a question or answer about the flat Earth.  Do you understand how to read and/or comprehend words?  Your M.O. is to simply post some trash in the wrong forum and then act like you are a victim.  What is wrong with you?  You had to carry this over from the other site? 

geckothegeek

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 05:26:44 PM »
Well...If you want to limit it to only flat earth information that is your rule. I consider it censor ship if I can't post factual information about the real word. But that's the flat earth rule. Just deny facts. But the fact IS that Gleason's Map WAS just a carbon copy of the Azimuthal Equidistant Projection. And if Gleason claimed it was something new and his invention it is definitely a case of blatant plagiarism. Gleason's Map is dated 1892 . The Azimuthal Equidistant Projection : about 1000. Which is the obvious original ?

And in the final analysis there is no question that the earth is a globe. I think the FES is just sort of some kind of kind of game  that some people like to play .  Evidently you have to play by their rules. So I shall so concede. I might as well just leave this nonsense as "starman" had the sense to do long ago. I haven't seen any posts for "ausGeoff" lately either. Maybe he got tired of it too. Maybe I should too. LOL.

BTW. What's your take on Middleton's  Map ? Do you consider it or Gleason's Map to be the more accurate map of the earth ?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 05:48:19 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 05:54:43 PM »
It is censorship because you are too stupid to understand the meaning of a forum and you post where ever you like?  Nobody said you can't argue against the flat Earth.  Just don't spam every forum with your crap, that is all we are saying.  If you want to debate something, then post it in the debate forum.  If you want to ask a question, then make a thread in the questions and answers forum.  If you want to post some flat Earth information, then post it in the repository. 

Do not, however, just jump around the forum posting what ever you want and expect us to just accept it because otherwise, you will try to extract pitty for the poor guy who has his rights infringed upon.  Please, grow up. Have you even read the rules here, or are you going to just claim that we are picking on you the entire time that you stick around?  It did not work at the other forum, now did it? 

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »
The Information Repository is basically just for posting historical documentation of FET.  Advocating for or refuting FET isn't the point; chronicling it is.  Given that, I'd argue that Orbisect's second post, where he rambles about shills and disinfo teams on Wikipedia, is just as irrelevant to the IR as gecko's post is.

geckothegeek

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 01:14:59 AM »
If the flat earth society wishes to constrict the website to only flat earth information I suppose that is the way it is. But it seems this is just presenting one side of the question of whether the earth is a globe or a flat disc.

Would presenting facts be permitted in the debate section ? For example exposing Gleason's map for the fact that it is just a copy of the Azimuthal  Equidistant Projection ?

Or does it really matter ? I am almost certain that anyone with a knowledge of maps would recognize this anyway.

And can you honestly say that you believe that  Middleton's map is a true and accurate map of the world ?

What is irrelevant about true facts ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 01:39:56 AM by geckothegeek »

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 02:13:16 AM »
Yes, you can debate in the debate sections of the website.  Just don't do it in the non-debate sections, like the IR.  It's not complicated.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 06:13:56 AM »
I consider it censor ship
And?

I might as well just leave this nonsense as "starman" had the sense to do long ago. I haven't seen any posts for "ausGeoff" lately either. Maybe he got tired of it too. Maybe I should too. LOL.
Maybe you should. We have a constant supply of trolls here, losing one would be good news. LOL.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

geckothegeek

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 04:37:16 PM »
Maybe it is best to not post any true or real facts and just leave the flat earth websites for flat earth inventions and fantasies .  IMHO there really aren't any people who really believe that the earth is some flat disc any way . It's just a game some people like to play. Have fun ! No hard feelings. Enjoy ! But let us agree to disagree agreeably, I'm  going to TRY to stay around and enjoy the fun from everyone else and TRY to limit my posts from now on so as to not offend some people or make them angry. I don't know if I will succeed or not. LOL.

Gleason's Map was just something that irked me. That someone would be so blatant to copy something and claim they invented it, which it seemed was what Gleason did. And Middleton's Map was even worse. Should have just laughed it off as in the "It's so stupid it's funny" category.

There is no lack of trolls. The FE's seem to have no lack of a supply of them.

In closing. Sorry, I just couldn't resist this. LOL

Since the United States Navy and the United States Federal Aviation Administration use Oceanic Charts and Sectional  Charts made from projections of the globe ; use them every day and find them reasonably accurate - Do you consider the USN and the FAA part of the vast "Round Earth Conspiracy" and all persons connected with the USN and the FAA are paid shills  or  trolls ?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:10:53 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 06:46:20 PM »
Hi Geckothegeek, as your concern has been addressed I am going to lock this thread.  In addition, you may be unaware of this, but this very thread is about you posting incorrectly in various forums.  I say this because S&C isn't the place for you to bring up flat-earth debate topics.