Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
Please move this thread to wherever it belongs.

I came up with an experiment that I would like to see performed. My own funds don't allow me to do it myself, or else I would love to oversee it. Therefor, spread this around and see if anyone is willing to make it happen.

Here are the details of the experiment:

1) Send TWO weather balloons up at the same time.

2) Both balloons have to be sent up at different locations [along the path] of the sun - one balloon in the east, and one ballon in the west. The closer to the equator this is done, the better and more conclusive the final results will be.

3) Each balloon has to be equipped with a 55mm lens camera (so as not to show a false bend to the earth), each must have a COMPASSES that can be seen through the camera; and each must have a watch to synchronize the time and date. The camera is also to be pointed straight ahead, and tilted [slightly] upward to get a better view of the sun - I notice in some videos that the sun it too high up to see it in the footage.

4) The balloons are to be sent up at just the right time of the day so that the sun will be between both balloons when they reach maximum height—therefor timing is everything in this experiment—and it may be necessary to perform the experiment a few times to get it perfect  Calculations will have to be made before sending them up as to calculate how long it will take for both balloons to rise, what the wind conditions will be like (which direction they'll be blowing), and at what point will the sun be between both balloons.

WHY this experiment is important?

The sun appears close by in many balloon launch videos. You can tell that the DIRECTION of the sun is this way or that way from the balloon; but you can never tell what the direction is, because there's no compass... therefor people just guess that it has to be this way or that, according to the current belief system.

In the currently held scientific (philosophical) model, the sun is 'rising' in the east and 'setting' in the west according to the spinning of the earth, and if you sent a balloon up and looked east or west, it would be impossible to see the sun at mid day because the sun should be [straight above you] in mid day—slightly off-center farther north or south of the equator.

But if you send one balloon up in the east, and you see the sun when looking WEST... At the same time, if the west balloon has to look toward the EAST to see the sun... this proves that the sun is physically in-between the two balloons—the compass will visually show what direction the sun is in from each balloon.

This would be IMPOSSIBLE if the sun if 93 million miles away, because at that distance the sun must be straight up no matter which direction you look.

This would prove that: a) the sun is not 93 million miles away; b) that the earth is not spinning because the sun is moving through the sky; c) yet another video of the flat horizon, and this time with a NAMED camera lens millimeter of 55, which should give the most true shape of the horizon.

IMPROVEMENTS: The only way I can think to improve this experiment is if one could have balloons sent up in the far South and far North at the same time. If each of the four balloons is looking in a different direction and seeing the sun in four direction at the same time... this would send scientists and shills in circles fumbling to explain it away! It would be hilarious!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:47:23 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline model 29

• View Profile
Re: Proposed Experiment for Sun Direction & Visual Distance Confirmation
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 04:59:09 AM »
Good luck with something that 'involved'.

It's been tried on the other site to get some fe'rs to partake in the simple process of photographing the sun from random ground based locations... basically wherever they live.  The point was to see if features on the sun were different, which they should be if it's a sphere only 3000 miles up.  It could be done with the moon too. 

Anyway, good luck getting participation.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 05:06:39 AM by model 29 »

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:03:05 AM »
Weather balloons reach between 60,000 and 105,000 ft. The highest on record is apparently 125,200 ft.
http://www.stratostar.net/faq.html

The distance to the (RE) sun is 92.96 million miles.

So the balloons will reach 0.0000204 percent of the way to the (RE) sun at 100,000ft.
IOW they will not "see" anything different than people standing on the earth would see below the balloons.

For the FE version they will reach just less than one percent of the way to the sun. So there would still only be a slight difference in what you'd see from someone standing on the ground below the balloons.

This would be IMPOSSIBLE if the sun if 93 million miles away, because at that distance the sun must be straight up no matter which direction you look.

Umm, no, you are assuming the FE model in making that statement. At the two distinct locations straight up is not the same absolute direction in the RE model. They are two different radial directions.

and this time with a NAMED camera lens millimeter of 55, which should give the most true shape of the horizon.

You have forgotten that what RE takes to be the edge of the globe from space, FE takes to be the edge of the light spot from the "spotlight" sun and so it should be curved in either model.
But at 100,000 ft you are at only about a half a percent of the (RE) earth's radius so you should not expect to see much curvature at any rate.

Offline Rayzor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:17:57 AM »
Interesting experiment,   I'm a little unclear as to why you need to go up in a balloon,   why couldn't you do the same experiment at ground level.   Maybe I'm missing something?

ewigkeit

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 07:15:41 AM »
The sun is not hanged on nothing like we used to think.
The source of the sun is above the glass firmament, and the sun we see it is the light of it, you can't reach without entering to the upper flat plane. we have endless number of other suns in our flat plane and suns in this moments are created.

Offline sakura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »
But if you send one balloon up in the east, and you see the sun when looking WEST... At the same time, if the west balloon has to look toward the EAST to see the sun... this proves that the sun is physically in-between the two balloons—the compass will visually show what direction the sun is in from each balloon.

This would be EXPECTED on a globe earth because the balloons are not parallel, what direction exactly is straight up on a globe?
Depending on the Distance between the 2 baloons they might very well look into different directions if the sun is 93 million miles away.

Offline huh?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 04:05:34 PM »
I do not understand the point of this
-you could make a simple homemade sextant and buy an expensive compass and observe from the various locations where FE believers live and easily show that the FE model is incorrect.

This is not rocket science.

For that matter I used Sketchup to make a model representation which shows that the FE model simply does not match real observation of the sun

Just the simple understanding of what perspective is would tell us that in order for the 3000 miles of distance between the FE and the sun to make the sun appear on the horizon would require someone to be hundreds of thousands of miles away.

Simply measuring the geometry proposed in the FE model shows that the sun would never be lower than 40 degrees.