Offline sakura

• View Profile
Coriolis Effect
« on: June 29, 2015, 03:22:30 AM »
Hello this is my first post here,
I have been reading a lot about the FET but there are still a few questions unanswered.

One of them has to do with the coriolius effect, i have searched in the forum and in the wiki,
but all i found had to do with wind and water currents.

But the coriolius effect can be proven rather simple using a pendulum like this:

So how does the flat earth theory explain the rotation of the earth?

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
Re: Coriolis Effect
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:33:43 PM »
The classical FE model has an answer:
http://wiki.tfes.org/Coriolis_Effect

The Dual Earth model (see sig) has each hemiplane on opposing sides of the disc. The rotational influence is the same force that causes the rotation of the stars (aetheric whirlpools).
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 06:02:10 PM »
Actually, the Coriollis effect has been debunked many times, by both FE'ers and RE'ers.
http://www.snopes.com/science/coriolis.asp

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 07:31:56 PM »
Actually, the Coriollis effect has been debunked many times, by both FE'ers and RE'ers.
That's just a special case, the Coriolis Effect is blamed for many other occurences. It seems likely that the force in question does exist, but there are many possible causes for such a force.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »
The rotating celestial systems above our heads have a slight gravitational pull.

Offline Orbisect-64

• I'M REVOLTING! . . . make of it what you will
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 08:13:28 AM »

I would also question what the pendulum is hanging from. All rope is twisted, whether they be fibrous or steel. The weight of the pendulum will cause the rope to slowly unwind, and slight spinning can effect the direction the pendulum goes. When using twisted rope, the experimenter would need to note the direction the pendulum is turning, and if it is always in the opposite direction as the rope's twist. If it is always found to go in one direction according to twist, then the whole effect is nothing more than a parlor trick (magick) - and a very deceptive one at that.

The only way to truly test this would be to use a solid wire with no twist—and no swivel is needed because we're measuring the change in direction, not spin. For precise results the pendulum would need to be perfectly balanced—a tire balance can be used to determine if there are any heavy spots on any section along the diameter of the pendulum, and [precise weights] would be necessary to [true] the weight evenly. Repeat the experiment many times with different solid wires.

I suspect the experiment has always been done with twisted rope, never with solid wire, never with a balanced pendulum.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:20:15 AM by Orbisect-64 »
PRONOIA: “The delusional belief that the world is set up to benefit people … The confident and assumed trust that despite years of lies and oppression, government is secretly conspiring in your favor.”

Offline sakura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 02:56:02 AM »
I suspect the experiment has always been done with twisted rope, never with solid wire, never with a balanced pendulum.

So when this experiment has always been done with twisted rope how come the change of direction  (the "twistyness" of the rope) matches the math behind
the coriollis effect within measurment error?

Also i cannot see how an "unbalanced" pendulum would change direction as you swing it, or what an unbalanced pendulum even is. you can take any object,
attach a rope to it, and if you let it hang freely the mass centre will always be in one line with the rope.