Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Which space missions do you consider to be legitimate?
« on: April 07, 2015, 06:30:20 PM »
We've received the following question via Facebook. I (and presumably the author of the question) would be interested to see what our individual members have to say.

Of all the space missions, be it Man on the Moon or simply spacecrafts like Curiosity, Voyage, Rosetta or others, which do you consider to be legitimate?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Ghost of V

Re: Which space missions do you consider to be legitimate?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 06:32:01 PM »
None of them.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 07:04:23 PM »
None are legitimate.
God is real.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 07:29:24 PM »
I would say that everything after Sputnik was faked. Everything prior to that, on America's side, was real. Not sure about in Russia.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 08:10:48 PM »
What about the sub-orbital Mercury missions?  Those could have been real, couldn't they?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 08:36:16 PM »
Short tour 'space' travel is possible (ballistic missiles, high altitude aircraft) but sustained space travel or missions is impossible. No man has stuck himself to the Moon and no machine has touched Mars.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 04:04:51 AM »
What about the sub-orbital Mercury missions?  Those could have been real, couldn't they?

It's possible, but I doubt it. I expect that after Sputnik was 'launched' America decided to fake their progress in order to avoid appearing to fall behind. They might have made that decision later, but I suspect there was already knowledge that they couldn't escape the atmosphere for reasons they didn't understand.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 04:11:51 AM »

It's possible, but I doubt it. I expect that after Sputnik was 'launched' America decided to fake their progress in order to avoid appearing to fall behind.
Ummm...  When Sputnik launched, America was behind and pretty much stayed behind until sometime around Apollo 8.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 08:58:39 PM »

It's possible, but I doubt it. I expect that after Sputnik was 'launched' America decided to fake their progress in order to avoid appearing to fall behind.
Ummm...  When Sputnik launched, America was behind and pretty much stayed behind until sometime around Apollo 8.

Well they could hardly have pretended to launch their own satellite the next day. Everyone would know it was a hoax. For the sake of believability they allowed themselves to be behind for a few years.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 03:16:48 AM »

Well they could hardly have pretended to launch their own satellite the next day. Everyone would know it was a hoax. For the sake of believability they allowed themselves to be behind for a few years.
11 years is a pretty long time to pretend to be behind, don't you think?

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 06:59:00 AM »

Not really. Seems like a perfectly reasonable amount of time to pretend to be preparing for a moon landing. It's not the kind of thing that takes 5 years.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 04:05:15 PM »

Not really. Seems like a perfectly reasonable amount of time to pretend to be preparing for a moon landing. It's not the kind of thing that takes 5 years.
Actually, it took a little under 7 years from Kennedy's speech until Apollo 11 (allegedly) landed on the moon.  Regardless, NASA was behind Russia in many of the intermediate steps (first man in space, first space walk, first man made object to reach the moon, etc.) during that prep time.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 09:38:12 AM »
In america, I understand two sets of programs: 
1) the less publicized X plane program which was modified into the space shuttle during the Nixon years
and
3) the more publicized Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and Skylab programs which involved an increasing amount of fakery

I think all of the american and Soviet space programs involved some degree of fakery and were both centrally coordinated.  Some involved more fakery than others.  I suspect that NASA had a large degree of involvement in Soviet space propaganda.  A false and inflated myth of Soviet military and scientific supremacy was promoted unanimously by both Khruhschevites and american anti-communists. 

Offline Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 08:56:31 PM »
All of them. I'm curious if anyone has solid evidence to the contrary...

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 06:04:16 AM »
How are space flights faked? Where do the astronauts go that are on board?

ewigkeit

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2015, 07:08:58 AM »
My answer is for Flat earthers only. I don't care what round earthers will tell.

The firmament should be between 20-40 km above the sea, there are entrances into the next flat plane and we can enter into the next plane, this is possible even now, but the deceivers don't want us to know we can achieve that much and that the earth is flat and the are endless other flat planes stacked on this and below this flat plane.

ewigkeit

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2015, 07:11:30 AM »
My answer is for Flat earthers only. I don't care what round earthers will tell.

The firmament should be between 20-40 km above the sea, there are entrances into the next flat plane and we can enter into the next plane, this is possible even now, but the deceivers don't want us to know we can achieve that much and that the earth is flat and the are endless other flat planes stacked on this and below this flat plane.
and as well we can find the entrance to go down to the flat plane beneath us.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 07:42:47 AM »

All of them, the highs and lows, surprises and failures.

All fascinating, the understanding of our system and it's beauty, one of grandest things our miserable species has managed.

But then NASA does have my kids.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline fairly

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 01:19:43 AM »
Is it not funny that the flat earth theory jumps a whopping 600% in people searching it. As that happens all of sudden a deep space climate observatory takes a pic of the earth from the other side of the moon with some fancy camera HUMM

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 04:09:08 AM »
Is it not funny that the flat earth theory jumps a whopping 600% in people searching it. As that happens all of sudden a deep space climate observatory takes a pic of the earth from the other side of the moon with some fancy camera HUMM

Don't flatter yourselves, the FES is not on NASA'a radar (or anybody else's for that matter). I never even heard of it until very recently. When I did I wondered whether it wasn't just a joke, maybe run by astronomy geeks that wanted to see amateurs try to defend a round earth not understanding how to do so. Only after spending some time here reading have I become convinced that some people here actually believe this stuff. It isn't easy to think in terms of spherical coordinate systems and relative rotations. The physics isn't common knowledge and most haven't taken physics for scientists and engineers at a college or university.

An awareness of your existence has probably grown recently due to the fact that religious young earth creationists are often compared to flat earthers by those arguing on the side of science.