Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Why do the sun and moon appear to be the same size in RET?
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2015, 10:32:26 PM »
Does FET have a better answer?

A better answer is that the moon and sun appear to be the same size because they are the same size.

It also makes sense to have a universe with kinds of bodies that are the same sizes. Not wildly different sizes, where one star can be thousands or millions of times bigger than another.

I must ask, have you considered the measurement of heat from a sun the size of the moon? I'd love to see the math on what the minimum size for the sun could be based on the amount of heat input to Earth.

We did some math on the .org forum for how much energy the sun needs to put out to heat the earth under the FE model. Unfortunately it seems that the owner of that site turned on thread pruning at one point because we haven't been able to find that thread again.

The equations demonstrated that, even though the sun is much smaller under the FE model, since it is very close to the earth's surface, it actually outputs less energy per square inch surface area than the 93 million mile distant Round Earth sun.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:34:10 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2015, 07:02:24 PM »
But that both the sun and the moon, the two most important bodies in the earth's sky are nearly exactly the same size in the sky with such great distances and sizes involved, is astonishing.

From the RE perspective this is an unspectacular observation. The moon split off from the earth billions of years ago and has been receding from the earth as time progresses. There has to be a point in time when the moon and sun appear to be the same size.

Offline model 29

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2015, 06:33:34 PM »
So with FET is it some kind of astonishing coincidence that a series of factors such ... always makes them appear round instead of an ellipse when not straight overhead
And the sun always appears round even when not being overhead? Have you ever observed a sunset?

You are only helping me show that the sun isn't a ball.
Forgot to reply.  I guess I've been slacking.

Anyway, have you ever observed a disk from an angle? 

Nice examples of a superior mirage/refraction of light.  You can see the same thing with ships, buildings, and such of a distance of a couple miles.  I've posted pictures of that before. 

Now at the angle above the horizon that the sun is in those pictures you posted, how far away would it need to be?  Unless the light is somehow bending around in a huge curve from the other side of the disk, the sun would be somewhere beyond the "icewall" if that light is traveling a path anywhere near 'straight'.  If the light is bending around the long way from the other side of the disk, what blocks the light that should be seen from straight across?